The New Central Shopping Complex Is A Waste Of Space

jellymeister

As far as I know, there was no real department store in Pattaya until Central came to town. Previously where could one purchase higher quality clothing and shoes (for example)?

I've purchased quite a few more expensive quality items from the department store. Stuff unavailable anywhere else in Pattaya.

Central has its place in town. It completes the town. Not everyone likes to shop at markets and K-Mart type stores.

Even cheap charlies can get a deal in there if they scout around for the items on sale.

Central may arguably have a wider range, but if you go above the ground floor in Mike's shopping Mall, all the major brand names (clothes) that are sold in all the dept stores (including Central) are available there. The ground floor has the pirate stuff and the upper floors has the genuine stuff - a lot of it.

If that's what you are looking for in Pattaya, you don't need a bloody great, up market Central to find it.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, there was no real department store in Pattaya until Central came to town. Previously where could one purchase higher quality clothing and shoes (for example)?

I've purchased quite a few more expensive quality items from the department store. Stuff unavailable anywhere else in Pattaya.

Central has its place in town. It completes the town. Not everyone likes to shop at markets and K-Mart type stores.

Even cheap charlies can get a deal in there if they scout around for the items on sale.

Central may arguably have a wider range, but if you go above the ground floor in Mike's shopping Mall, all the major brand names (clothes) that are sold in all the dept stores (including Central) are available there. The ground floor has the pirate stuff and the upper floors has the genuine stuff - a lot of it.

If that's what you are looking for in Pattaya, you don't need a bloody great, up market Central to find it.

I love shopping in brand new upscale department stores. I find it a pleasureable experience. In one centre I can eat in a nice restaurant, shop in upmarket shops and enjoy the movies in brand new cinemas, all under one roof. Until Central came along we didn't have that opportunity.

I had no idea you could find anything from Central on the upper floors of Mike Shopping Mall, but quite honestly, I detest Mike Shopping Mall with a passion and they only have pretend air conditioning in there. The only reason it's there is because once upon a time before normal shopping centres were built (Big C, Tescos etc) they were the only game in town. It's long overdue for demolition...it's an eyesore.

If you find the structural integrity of Central worrying then check out the crack that runs down the south side of Mikes

I love shopping in brand new upscale department stores. I find it a pleasureable experience. In one centre I can eat in a nice restaurant, shop in upmarket shops and enjoy the movies in brand new cinemas, all under one roof. Until Central came along we didn't have that opportunity.

I had no idea you could find anything from Central on the upper floors of Mike Shopping Mall, but quite honestly, I detest Mike Shopping Mall with a passion and they only have pretend air conditioning in there. The only reason it's there is because once upon a time before normal shopping centres were built (Big C, Tescos etc) they were the only game in town. It's long overdue for demolition...it's an eyesore.

Shopping in Central also gives you a sense of civilisation (until you venture back outside again) Agree about Mikes being an eyesore, looking at it from Kiss restaruant it looks so dated and crummy.