Meals On Wheels 4 U

rrose070

So far, fabulous!

I'm a fussy first-time orderer. First time I called, I hung up as I was still dithering with indecision between 2 restaurants. The very patient Mike called me back, and didn't make me feel stupid for calling before I was sure what I wanted. Called back to place my order (inside note - wonderful hubby has played taxi all day for me and my friend, earning nothing but a flat tire ((the 5th in one week!)) so I wanted to get something really special and get it right. This on the side, that on the side, and oh could we also score some sour cream...then, I call back to request something I know the restaurant carries but is not on the MOW4U menu...So far, very impressed with both the website and the cordial nature of the call-taker. I'll report back after the hungry hungry hubster hopefully happily devours a delicious meal... :o

OK, I slipped into a food coma after dinner and didn't finish my review...the food was excellent! Dave2, what are you talking about? The steak was perfect and they even chased down a couple of Beer Lao's. Happy hubby.

I just wish that some restaurants would offer a description of their food, Mostly foreign food places (not farang).

And I wish that The Dukes would make their french fries fresh for delivery, then they would arrive hot. Now, they arrive the same way I get them at the restaurant- barely warm. :o

I agree, they could add a bit more detail in the descriptions. Doesn't matter so much when you're ordering say a sandwich, but for a more elaborate meal, better descriptions certainly wouldn't hurt. That said...I'm a very satisfied customer and hope they make detailed notes of the very confusing directions to my place!

And I wish that The Dukes would make their french fries fresh for delivery, then they would arrive hot. Now, they arrive the same way I get them at the restaurant- barely warm. :D

French Fries are always crap if you have them delivered even if they have just been cooked :o ,how good do you expect them to be half an hour after they have been cooked?....... not only from MOW's but also KFC or any other home delivery service.

Best to stick with a jacket potato or rice IMO.

I am sure if someone could invent a way to keep FF's in perfect condition for home deivery as if they had just been cooked they would make a killing :D

I too am a fan of Mike's a very hard worker and polite person, but I don't think he can even sort out this conundrum :D

I agree, they could add a bit more detail in the descriptions. Doesn't matter so much when you're ordering say a sandwich, but for a more elaborate meal, better descriptions certainly wouldn't hurt. That said...I'm a very satisfied customer and hope they make detailed notes of the very confusing directions to my place!

I hope the beers were still cold and yes you're in "the system" now so no problems next time.

I have spoken to the restaurants on several occasions trying to get them to give me more details/descriptions for their dishes but they never do which is annoying both for the customer and sometimes also me as I donot know every single dish on all the menus either but I do get asked a lot.

There are descriptions on a lot of the western restaurants which if you place your mouse over the particular dish it will give a description but as I say I can only put on as much detail as the restaurant provides.

In the meantime I'll keep on pressing them.

Also just to let you know we have a larger selection of items on our Minimart with more wines, phonecards, juices etc, so have a look next time if you need anything when ordering

Thanks all

• 3 months later...
Phonecards...

Well done mate !!

Next time I order I'll check if the wife needs any.....she uses them at an astonishing rate !!

I told my wife she should give up her phone and start smoking as it would be cheaper!! Sorry off topic!

I just wish that some restaurants would offer a description of their food, Mostly foreign food places (not farang).

And I wish that The Dukes would make their french fries fresh for delivery, then they would arrive hot. Now, they arrive the same way I get them at the restaurant- barely warm. :)

I can only agree with you. Mike is doing a Great job! The restaurants however pack the things very lousy. I wrote about that already before. The restaurants forget that we don't use their seat, electricity, staff, plates and name more, so I think they could take more care about the food.

In fact that is why I don't use MOW4Y anymore. It has Nothing to do with the delivery service which is simply PERFECT!

Sorry Mike!

Jan

And I wish that The Dukes would make their french fries fresh for delivery, then they would arrive hot. Now, they arrive the same way I get them at the restaurant- barely warm. :)

I can only agree with you. Mike is doing a Great job! The restaurants however pack the things very lousy. I wrote about that already before. The restaurants forget that we don't use their seat, electricity, staff, plates and name more, so I think they could take more care about the food.

In fact that is why I don't use MOW4Y anymore. It has Nothing to do with the delivery service which is simply PERFECT!

Sorry Mike!

Jan

what kind of packaging are you expecting out of interest? my girlfriend and i regularly comment that the places we have food delivered from use too much packaging if anything and could cut their own costs and be a little more environmentally friendly by packaging same dishes up together. i've never had a problem with it, food always arrives hot and undamaged, so i'm curious what you're expecting?

I haven't tried the service because I figured I was too far away, about 6.5 kms but saw they go out to 10km so definitely would like to try them. One problem is not sure how to be certain they can find my place. Though I guess if KFC and Pizza Hut can find it they can. :)

Mike does a great job and the restaurants, while they try to do the best they can, can not always be perfect. I'm happy to get home delivery.

And let's not forget that when it is raining, they deliver.

Edited by getgoin

My biggest desire is a really good Thai restaurant. Does it exist? Find a good Thai restaurant.

what dishes are you after? tong is listed on MoW and is pretty good. alternatively lemon tree on huay kaew delivers within a sensible range of the restaurant for about 10 baht delivery fee.