Product Labels

How often does something get labeled "Made In Thailand" when its not? I've heard about clothing made in Laos being labeled as Thailand.

I also don't want to import anything chinese that I don't have to. The worst crap I've ever owned (especially electronic) came from there and until there's some major improvement in the quality of chinese goods I think I'll pass on even wasting my time inspecting them.

cv

How often does something get labeled "Made In Thailand" when its not? I've heard about clothing made in Laos being labeled as Thailand.

I also don't want to import anything chinese that I don't have to. The worst crap I've ever owned (especially electronic) came from there and until there's some major improvement in the quality of chinese goods I think I'll pass on even wasting my time inspecting them.

cv

I know quite a few people that work in the "rag trade" backhome.60%- 70% of all clothing imported into NZ is probably made in China. This ranges from some of the top casual labels(eg:Country Road) down to the cheap stuff.As someone said to me."some of the chinese factories really have their <deleted> togeather and now produce some top quality for a very reasonable price"

I also met a Thai lady in the biz here. She told me that the really cheap stuff here is made in Cambodia and/or Laos, is predominantly crap,but very,very cheap.

As for the labels, I wouldn't trust what they said! :o

I know quite a few people that work in the "rag trade" backhome.60%- 70% of all clothing imported into NZ is probably made in China. This ranges from some of the top casual labels(eg:Country Road)  down to the cheap stuff.

Yeah, I used to go to The Warehouse for disposable clothes all the time :o

cv