Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With little to do apart from wait, let's look at the days we've recieved positive news.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days - Friday

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day - Tuesday

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks - Tuesday

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days - Friday

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days - Monday

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days - Monday

Monday - 33% :)

Tuesday - 33% :D

Friday - 33% :D

Wednesday and Thursday 0% :D

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

With little to do apart from wait, let's look at the days we've recieved positive news.

Yes, but the posters on here are only a small percentage of those that apply every month.....

Tomorrow we hit the 10 week mark..... so hopefullly we should hear something within the next week..... all being well!

How do they inform you ? I keep thinking we will get a Text message.

Any ideas what time of the day or is it random ?

I think it is random. When my wife got the first text to say the application had been passed to the embassy it was 1 oclock in the morning Bangkok time :) We hope ours will be tomorrow (10 weeks and 2 days) looking at passed results on this thread or Monday.

Seems my crystal ball was wrong this time. I bought the bloody thing from Pantip, so not surprising really! :D
:):D:D:D:D Nice one

Now get out and buy a better one

Indeed kennkate. On the strength of 'mystic' mrburb's crystal ball I did not bother putting any cash on Wednesday's lotto. He said I would not win. Now I know it's from Pantip I think I'll have a big splurge on Euromillions tomorrow.

By the way kennkate, get a move on your holding everybody up.

No updates from Gypsymoth yet regarding the result?

Thanks for thinking of us! As KennKate says I won't know until we open the envelope on Weds. Will update you guys week after as no computer access for a while.

Best of luck all of you. :)

No updates from Gypsymoth yet regarding the result?

Thanks for thinking of us! As KennKate says I won't know until we open the envelope on Weds. Will update you guys week after as no computer access for a while.

Best of luck all of you. :)

Ad the best of luck to you too mate. :D

Just thought I'd move the list onto the current page.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 07/5

scotland 22/04

Hey, I don't mind Monday Tuesday or Friday! As long as it's next week! :D

Welcome to the list scotland. I've just moved you up the list a bit to keep the dates in order :)

Another page already.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

scotland 22/04

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 07/5

Called the embassy this morning waited 25 mins on the line only to be told send a fax or email so i said i already had she gave me a number to call to speak to someone who could help due to the fact my wife is so heavily pregnant. I rang the number and it said that no calls can be excepted only faxes and emails.

We are all at the mercy from a system that has absolutley no room for law abiding, tax paying, citizens. They just dont give a dam!!!!!!! :):D:D:D:D:D:D

Well Friday again and nothing yet, Kennkate, Chewy, ant thefiend, wots happenning, anything to report, I read on another post where Chewy stated he forgot to include his divorce papers maybe he has a problem? Anyway this is my 96th post and I want my 100th post to be the one that I announce I have recieved the settlement visa, good luck for today Kennkate, Chewy, Thefiend.

Nothing to report here 1/2 day at the Embassy I don't think the VFS work 1/2 Day today so we still might hear

If not it looks like Monday. Another weekend sat waiting.

I dont think Chewy as a problem he posted later to say he Did Submit Original Divorce papers

Sat here wishing my life Away. That's Crazy, At 10 weeks + I just want to Know one way or the other.

Even if it's a refusal we can get on with things Re- Organise Re -Think

I feel like I am sitting on Death row Will the Reprive Come ? Sat Waiting for A Text Message from The High and Mighty.

Nothing to report here 1/2 day at the Embassy

Sat here wishing my life Away. That's Crazy, At 10 weeks + I just want to Know one way or the other.

I feel like I am sitting on Death row Will the Reprive Come ? Sat Waiting for A Text Message from The High and Mighty.

Same same....

Just checked on the tracking page......... no change.........

I suppose I am relieved in a way...... at least I won't have to spend all weekend knowing we have an answer, but not knowing what the answer is!

The other half has been keeping herself busy by doing some cross-stitch gifts for me mum and me daughter.... will probably end up with a suitcase full of them!!!

Called the embassy this morning waited 25 mins on the line only to be told send a fax or email so i said i already had she gave me a number to call to speak to someone who could help due to the fact my wife is so heavily pregnant. I rang the number and it said that no calls can be excepted only faxes and emails.

We are all at the mercy from a system that has absolutley no room for law abiding, tax paying, citizens. They just dont give a dam!!!!!!! :):D:D:D:D:D:D

Rolypie, I sent two emails, I assume along similar lines to yours and got zip all of a reply. They do review special cases as the Mrs' friend got hers accelerated as a visa was needed to attend a funeral. If I remember Tango7 got a quickish reply too for special circumstances. I guess the pregnancy issue for the Embassy does not warrant special treatment. One thing for sure they are not keen to enter into a dialogue with the 'customer'.

One thing i have noticed on the various threads is that it appears that faxes are more likely to be dealt with quicker than Emails.

I cannot confirm this but i get that feeling from my various reading.

Like the others. Nothing on the system for our Visa so we have another week of waiting and worrying.

Edited by Merangue

I am getting a little comfort from this wait. The Great British Pound is gaining a bit of ground

That makes The return Tickets for our loved ones, Just a wee bit cheaper.

:)

Yep......... A one way ticket BKK-MAN has dropped about £50 since we applied! :D

Just spoke to the Mrs and the Embassy has been in touch with her for the first time. Apparantly I need to fax over a copy of my passport, specifically the page that shows the arrival and departure stamp of my last visit. As I'm in the UK I compiled all the paperwork (including certified copy of my passport with the stamped pages from the local solictor) here in the UK before my last visit (March 09) then travelled out to Thailand for the marriage and handed over the paperwork to the Mrs to present to the Embassy.

I guess, in hindsight, I could have copied the passport again with my entry stamp into Thailand and attached it to the certified copy. But I'm at lot of loss of how I could do that with exit (from Thailand) stamp.......through immigration, next stop Heathrow :) ? Bear in mind too that the passport already had six BKK entry/exit stamps already in it.

The Embassy also wanted a faxed Dr's certificate of the wife's pregnancy. She was sure that it was already included.

Anyhows, at least I have heard something, and it should all be easily sorted. The wife did say they wanted to give her the visa but these bits were missing. Should give those around Mar30th date that things are afoot. Doing a mrburb, it feels like those applications ahead of me, certainly the 3 earliset should hear next week.

Just spoke to the Mrs and the Embassy has been in touch with her for the first time. Apparantly I need to fax over a copy of my passport, specifically the page that shows the arrival and departure stamp of my last visit. As I'm in the UK I compiled all the paperwork (including certified copy of my passport with the stamped pages from the local solictor) here in the UK before my last visit (March 09) then travelled out to Thailand for the marriage and handed over the paperwork to the Mrs to present to the Embassy.

I guess, in hindsight, I could have copied the passport again with my entry stamp into Thailand and attached it to the certified copy. But I'm at lot of loss of how I could do that with exit (from Thailand) stamp.......through immigration, next stop Heathrow :) ? Bear in mind too that the passport already had six BKK entry/exit stamps already in it.

The Embassy also wanted a faxed Dr's certificate of the wife's pregnancy. She was sure that it was already included.

Anyhows, at least I have heard something, and it should all be easily sorted. The wife did say they wanted to give her the visa but these bits were missing. Should give those around Mar30th date that things are afoot. Doing a mrburb, it feels like those applications ahead of me, certainly the 3 earliset should hear next week.

I did the same as yourself by copying the page before leaving the UK. Luckily i was advised by the office next door to the VFS section ( i was getting something else copied and they looked through our application paperwork for us for free) to copy the page again with the entrance stamp on that visit as well. Guess they gave me good advice.

Incidentally i cannot praise that office enough. We just popped in for a few copies we had forgotten and were treated like royalty for the best part of 2 hours. All they charged us for were the copies ( 200 baht's worth)

Rolypie, I sent two emails, I assume along similar lines to yours and got zip all of a reply. They do review special cases as the Mrs' friend got hers accelerated as a visa was needed to attend a funeral. If I remember Tango7 got a quickish reply too for special circumstances. I guess the pregnancy issue for the Embassy does not warrant special treatment. One thing for sure they are not keen to enter into a dialogue with the 'customer'.

No special circumstances but my wife was (is) pregnant. She was 3 months when I sent my second fax asking that her flight / health be taken into consideration. I like to think that helped but looking at others who've received theirs, we fell into the 10 week and 4 days pattern that seems to be emerging.

Any other factors might have been: a very easy to follow application, assistance from a lwayer ( but they just made sure my application wasn't missing anything ) and several very long prayers !!

Thanks for keep us updated, and sound like you will get a good news as well.. :D

i got an answer to the email on the same day saying my email was being forwarded to a different section in the embassy and i would be contacted and advised accordingly.

This was not an automated answer so maybee we could be getting some kind of result, has anybody else had an answer the same?

I just put this topic back on topic by deleting a few posts and replies to them that dragged it off topic.

I agree with the poster that said this topic should not be pulled off topic by making political comments.

I just put this topic back on topic by deleting a few posts and replies to them that dragged it off topic.

I agree with the poster that said this topic should not be pulled off topic by making political comments.

You could have deleted the 10 pregnant wifes bit he he :):D:D

You could have deleted the 10 pregnant wifes bit he he :):D:D

Have another look at your post.