Postal Services In Buriram

stevo2

Had a couple of letters sent to me from UK. Haven't recieved them yet. Nothing important so only sent regular airmail.

Never had a missing letter before.

Popped down to Buriram post office and was told that recently some letters have been taking upto 3 months to arrive in Buriram. Apparently the hold up is in the new system.

When letters arrive in Bangkok they are then sent to the offices dealing with Issan stuff. These items are then sent to Khorat where they are sorted into Provinces and forwarded,hopefully to the right one.

Buriram post office then sort them into districts and then the districts sort them to sub districts and then onto villages etc. I think you probably get the drift. Then hopefully the man on the motorbike turns up and you get to read the letter or not in this case.

Anybody had problems recently??

I received 2 birthday cards (for daughter) sent from OZ recently.

Her birthday was 14 th March. One arrived on Friday 13 th March postmarked 11 th March. Second one arrived on Saturday 14 th March postmarked 10 th March.

Theses were sent by Airmail.

So no problems to report thus far :o

In the Satuk Post office is a "cage" of sorts which holds the "village mail". I was told once a week the village mail is sent, NOT on a daily basis. It has been my experience in Buriram Province that to pay the minor money for a Post Office Box in our small town greatly shortened the time it took for us to receive mail from the USA. Now our mail is not waiting in the "cage" for a once a week delivery to the village. The postal box rental rate is less than $17 a year. There is a refundable key deposit, paperwork is given and a very good system for registered and EMS mail with proper paperwork implemented with the postal box.

In the Satuk Post office is a "cage" of sorts which holds the "village mail". I was told once a week the village mail is sent, NOT on a daily basis. It has been my experience in Buriram Province that to pay the minor money for a Post Office Box in our small town greatly shortened the time it took for us to receive mail from the USA. Now our mail is not waiting in the "cage" for a once a week delivery to the village. The postal box rental rate is less than $17 a year. There is a refundable key deposit, paperwork is given and a very good system for registered and EMS mail with proper paperwork implemented with the postal box.

I believe it is the duty of the postal authorities to deliver ALL mail on a daily basis, and not just when they feel like it. Certainly in my small village post is delivered every day. Suggest an anonymous letter to the Postmaster General in Bangkok to sort out your lazy bastards!