Transferring Jobs And Non Imm B Visas

If you leave one company, they will cancel your Non Imm B visa and work permit. When you join another one, do you have to do a visa run to Penang etc, or can you get your new Non Imm B visa in BKK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you leave a job, they will cancel your work permit and - if you are on an extended entry permit, they willl cancel your EXTENDED ENTRY PERMIT. Visas are not affected by anything that happens inside Thailand - any visa issued remains valid until its expiration date - unless superceded by another visa.

Do not confuse a visa with an entry permit. They are different beasts.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

When you leave a job, they will cancel your work permit and - if you are on an extended entry permit, they willl cancel your EXTENDED ENTRY PERMIT.  Visas are not affected by anything that happens inside Thailand - any visa issued remains valid until its expiration date - unless superceded by another visa.

Do not confuse a visa with an entry permit.  They are different beasts.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Noted what you say about "different Beasts!!!" OK, if my extended Entry Permit is cancelled, do I need to make a run to Penang, or can it be sorted in Soi Suan Plu with a supporting letter from my Embassy?