Buying Property In Samui

Anybody who can advice on how to buy land (foreigner) with a house.

What is the best procedure? I know it's easier with a Thai wife, but how can I buy without Thai ladies and girlfriends, etc...

Thanks

It depends how you can define " easier "... :D

Buy a Condo, you can get it Freehold from what the Posters & Signs up all around the Ring Road say.. :o

Have a look at the Hua Hin forum, just one problem you will encounter. For a foreigner to buy in Thailand is too many problems. You will never own the land, and leasehold or fake companies will cause many problems if you try to sell. Rent is much better. Samui agents will talk nicely but do not listen to what they say as they only want the commission. Most of them now have reduced the workforce dramatically as they are not selling anything.

Anybody who can advice on how to buy land (foreigner) with a house.

What is the best procedure? I know it's easier with a Thai wife, but how can I buy without Thai ladies and girlfriends, etc...

Thanks

Without a Thai partner you will have to be very rich to own land in your own name in Thailand as you need to invest 40 million baht in government bonds and additionally also get permission from the minister. Maximum 1 rai is permitted and in selected areas. There are other possibilities for corporations to own land but I suppose you meant for you as a private person.

If you really want a house, others have suggested buying a condo instead, you can always rent a property or lease it for thirty years. My advice to anyone who is "thinking leasing" is not to invest more than you are prepared to walk away from.