Farang Return To Live In Bkk

Hi

am shortly returning to live in Bangkok with my GF - having been back in UK for almost 2 years I suspect some things have changed others havent. My few questions are:

1. I live near Soi 14, Chaengwattana Road, not far from the Doestic airport and was wandeting if there where any good sports bars opened in this area recently which cater for farangs ????

2. Any pubs that do a good Sunday Roast in this area?

In the City the pubs I used to frequent on a Saturday evening for the Football and Rugby was Gullivers in Nana - is this still the best option for food and drink and the most reasonable in terms of cost?

2. Are there any other good pubs which are run along the same lines?

Since being back in UK have aquired a taste for cider and want to know if any pubs serves good cider or maybe supermarkets which sell the imported kind ?

My last question taking my GF out she likes live music ( rock ) and again any suggestions for places that do reasonable food and drink.

Much appreciated if i can get some responses and happy songran day

Dave

so you are flying all the way in to BKK to eat farang food with farangs to watch farang tv with farang rock with a farang bevrage called cider? <deleted> is cider?

I guess its all possible

Does it seem so bad that on a few occasions i would want to go and watch sport with other falangs - take my GF to a pub to listen to rock music and find a place that serves my favourite tipple cider - or do you expect everyone who moves and lives in Thailand to totally absorb the Thai way of life !!! I think not

so you are flying all the way in to BKK to eat farang food with farangs to watch farang tv with farang rock with a farang bevrage called cider? <deleted> is cider?

I guess its all possible

ha, maybe its easier than finding a thai bar that serves mekong, and finding a place that plays caribao in the uk

I guess its all possible

Does it seem so bad that on a few occasions i would want to go and watch sport with other falangs - take my GF to a pub to listen to rock music and find a place that serves my favourite tipple cider - or do you expect everyone who moves and lives in Thailand to totally absorb the Thai way of life !!! I think not

me too,. would be boring as hel_l.

so you are flying all the way in to BKK to eat farang food with farangs to watch farang tv with farang rock with a farang bevrage called cider?

I ate Chinese, Japanese,Thai, Lebonese, Korean, Mexican, etc. all the time in San Francisco. Why should our choices be more limited in the capital city of Thailand?

• 2 weeks later...

No matter where in the world I am, I eat what appeals at any given time.

It would be good to know of a cafe, pub woteva that sells a good roast pork dinner for a change.

Noodles and rice all the time would be as bad as roast dinners all the time.

'Tis the variety of food in LoS that I like.