Bangkok Bank And B1st

Here is a letter from Card Member Service Section at the BBL.

Dear Joseph,

referring to you question about using the B1st card through the internet, we are so sorry that we cannot fulfill your request according to your card qualification as a debit card and related with your Bank account. You can use it to purchase goods/services at the shop that have ''Visa'' logo or use it to withdraw money at the ATM machine that have ''Plus sign posted on.

In order to purchase any goods/service you can only make a transaction by using Bangkok Bank credit card.

However we really have to apologise for the inconvient event and really hope to provide this service in the future.

I've emailed back asking them to give a straight answer can I use their credit card to do business on the internet or not.

When I got the B1st card the local branch told me I could use it on the internet. So even if they tell me I can use the bank card on the internet I won't really know until I get it and try it. I have actually used the B1st card on the internet but sometimes get knocked back.

fair dinkum I think us Aussies ought to take over the banking system here :o

Regards Joe

The Thai's are quite good at assembling English words in a order that has no meaning. :o

I think they mean you cannot do it, but if you have already managed to use the card on the Internet............

Have someone telephone them and ask the question in Thai.

I just did a car rental reservation giving my Visa card number,

but I noticed it said that Debit Cards are not accepted.

Perhaps that answers your question in among the mangled English from the bank!

I tried using my Be1st debit card here in Sweden to rent a car, but the lady at the desk told me I needed a card with raised lettering and she would not accept this type of card. Obviosuly she had a swipe POS type machine, but she told me her machine reads the numbers as well as the magnetic strip. <deleted> I think as I am sure that is not the case, I think she was just concerned about the combination of a Thai bank, an Aussie passport and 11pm at night.

Another Be1st card of mine won't work in international ATMs, at all... :o

the bank manager showed me my permissions on his PC and the international permission was enabled, so I just do not know with Thai banks, totally unpredictable.

I've used my B1st. card on the internet but sometimes get knocked back. The letter I've received from them is the first time I've had official notification that its not internet friendly. I also used it in Australia at ATMS and also to purchase goods over the counter once again No problems. I've now asked them if I were to purchase a credit card will I then be able to use that on the internet. The question then comes up, as a farang am I entitled to have a credit card instead of the B1st card (a debit card). I have already emailed them to ask them on 2 occasions but as yet no answer. Perhaps they think my english is mangled and don't understand me. So thats not so surprising as us Scottish Australians tend to talk funny, or so many people have told me over the years. ''Och mun wha did ya say''

Regardless I love thailand

Regards Joe

I've used my B1st. card on the internet but sometimes get knocked back. The letter I've received from them is the first time I've had official notification that its not internet friendly. I also used it in Australia at ATMS and also to purchase goods over the counter once again No problems. I've now asked them if I were to purchase a credit card will I then be able to use that on the internet. The question then comes up, as a farang am I entitled to have a credit card instead of the B1st card (a debit card). I have already emailed them to ask them on 2 occasions but as yet no answer. Perhaps they think my english is mangled and don't understand me. So thats not so surprising as us Scottish Australians tend to talk funny, or so many people have told me over the years. ''Och mun wha did ya say''

Regardless I love thailand

Regards Joe

I suspect the lack of reply is that they are unable to say yes. You know how hard it is to use the no word here.

Their mangled English seems to indicate that they will be able to allow theuse of their cards in cyberspace!

Probably because their competitors are already offering this service  :o

http://www.kasikornbank.com/GlobalHome/EN/...t_ewebcard.html

No mention of International on that page!!

What ever happened to Thai Farmers Bank??

One of the latest innovations from KASIKORNBANK, the e-Web Card gives you purchasing power in cyberspace, allowing you to purchase products from around the world without leaving the convenience of your home or office. Take advantage of the best deals the web has to offer with the KBANK e-Web Shopping card, available in a variety of amounts, starting from 2000 baht.

I think when they say "around the world" this pretty much equates to international :D

If it works or not I have no idea, I've learned long ago in LOS not to take to much things or statements for granted :D

I'm also a bit miffed about those cards being available in a variety of amounts, starting from 2000 Baht :o

Guess I'l just have to get one and see what happens...