Loonies Spraying Water....

R123

Happens every year, we just have to learn to deal with it. :D

It might happen every year but that is no excuse.

Those causing havoc on the roadside and in the streets are nothing less than hooligans and are behaving in a reckless and selfish manner.

This happens every year so either get out of Thailand or stay at home and lock the doors

What a stupid thing to say JMS. I suppose you are one of the lunatics taking part in the assaults.. The water madness is an excuse for those like you to commit crimes in public and get away with it.

A total loser you are!

Why is he a loser, he's saying the same as me, it happens every year and whether we like it or not we just have to deal with it as there is nothing we can do to stop it, the general rule here in Pattaya unfortunatley is basically if you don't want to get wet, don't go out. :o

Edited by davethailand

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happens every year, we just have to learn to deal with it. :D

Those causing havoc on the roadside and in the streets are nothing less than hooligans and are behaving in a reckless and selfish manner.

Unlike the non water spraying red shirted lot? :o

I'm surprised, given what is happening in Bangkok, that people are carrying on with this Songkran nonsense as if they couldn't give a flying <deleted> about the country, and the current civil war. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns... the adolescent nitwits throwing water about as if everything was completely normal, both Thai and farang, should be ashamed of themselves.

It happens every year, we all know that, so we have a choice don't we, stay at home and stay dry or go out in your car and stay dry, walk past a bar and get wet, ride a motorcycle past water throwers and get wet, drive past in a car and stay dry.

It's not like its a surprise event that has just been dreamt of, Songkran in Pattaya has been wild since I have been here, every year it's the same, and I've been here a fair time so I know exactly what to expect each year.

Jeeez, some Farangs here thinks the whole world revolves around them, it don't, Songkran will still be going on long after you are gone just as it did before you came.

It's like going to Pamplona when the Running of the Bulls festival is on then complaining that there are massive Bulls running in the streets, or going to the Tomato fights in Bunol and moaning you have tomato juice on your shirt !

All the moaning and complaining won't change a thing, it will still go on wether you like it or not.

Right, I'm off to Soi 8, maybe I'll see you later! :o

Happens every year, we just have to learn to deal with it. :o

This happens every year so either get out of Thailand or stay at home and lock the doors

What a stupid thing to say JMS. I suppose you are one of the lunatics taking part in the assaults.. The water madness is an excuse for those like you to commit crimes in public and get away with it.

A total loser you are!

How sad you are, I am one of many that stay indoors and lock the door, and do not complain that I get wet over Songkran

Songkran is a nice celebration when performed by Thais, I expect to get wet when I go out and consider its all good fun, but not for the 2 girls who had an accident on LK metro yes when the rider lost control avoiding a Farang throwing a bucket of water

Splash the pedestrians by all means but leave the traffic alone

There's a certain irony here, that the rotating Google ads for this thread sometimes show one for "industrial strength water guns" from the UK....

Only question is...who would be buying them? The Thai police/army....or Song Kran revelers???

:o

When does it all end????? my first one here in Pattaya, wouldnt mind it if it only lasted one day, but 3 so far ... seems like brainless repetitiveness.

Only another 5 to go!! :o

It's extended in Pattaya and ends with a crazy day on the 19th. I agree too long - but BKK have now extended to the 17th apparently.

Out and around Pattaya today Monday 13-04, and at many localities have the hooligan brigade perched and parked on street corners etc with their bins full of dirty water whilst they are using hose pipes, water guns and other equipment spraying all and sundry on busy main roads.

Disasterous and highly dangerous.

Are these people totally retarded or what?!

We all know what Songkran brings year after year, and for those that don't like it just have to put up with it for the week,

My only quarm this year is that there seems to be many idiots using the home-made pipe guns that are usually confiscated by the BIB

in previous years. These are dangerous and could cause harm especially if one gets sprayed in the eyes, or while riding a motorbike!

Seems the BIB havn't clamped down on them this year yet.

if only there was a way to say "hey, i don't want to get wet please" and it would be respected. for example wearing a red shirt, or perhaps yellow :o

i think it's no problem for 2 folks both carrying water guns to shoot at each other all day if they want. it's when someone is clearly dressed for work, 100% dry, waving their hands "please, no, maow ka" etc., and some doucher dumps them with water anyways. i DO think that is a farang move, i've seen most thais respect for example the thai lady on her way to work at the bank when she's waving people off, it's the farang that go for it anyways like it's funny. on the other hand, those same thais don't seem as respectful of the farang waving his hands asking to stay dry, which is where, legitimate or not, i tend to suspect that whole underlying racism thingy.

seriously, how awesome would it be to be able to wear a certain color and people would respect you and not soak you. then all the "whingers" and the "if you don't like it stay indoors for a week" folks could all get along, and there'd be whirled peas.

i think it's all about slapstick comedy, which doesn't do it for me. it's FUNNIER to soak someone that is dry and doesn't want to get wet than to soak someone that is already wet.

too much time on my hands, analyzing the perfect songkran... recovering from surgery, sitting this year out.

thai style songkan is the most fun you can have with your cloths on , the smile , the wet girls , the water poured over you , powder on your face . choke dee ka- love it !!

farang style songkran is a nightmare water throwing till late in the night , water gun pointed 2" from your face , allways aiming for your head/ eyes .....with ice cold water .

Happens every year, we just have to learn to deal with it. :o

A total loser you are!

I disagree,.its a thai thing, not farang,.. seems there are a lot of boring farang that have become complacent and would like thailand to be ruled like the west,.....not allowed to do this and that, pathetic, why dont you sod off somewhere for songkran and give us all a break !,.

Just my thoughts about Songkran.

There ARE plenty of total <deleted> farangs that have no idea how to enjoy the celebration properly.Last year a guy walked up to my brother and squirted him from 2 feet with a high power gun,right into his face.He grabbed his face in agony as the nob had shot him straight in the eye,a total accident???.dont think so,my fists in his eyes were spectaluar and a total accident too.After spending over 700 baht at the hospitla his sight got back after about 24 hours but we were very worried.This was afer the police banned the water cannons,farangs do not listen either.Now you think that is happy songkran and people will have fun?????

So everybody be aware power guns can cause problems and angry farangs can retaliate with awesome power too.

Edited by patklang

I disagree,.its a thai thing, not farang,.. seems there are a lot of boring farang that have become complacent and would like thailand to be ruled like the west,.....not allowed to do this and that, pathetic, why dont you sod off somewhere for songkran and give us all a break !,.

this is a pattaya thing. this is my thai girlfriend's first songkran in pattaya, and she already hates it after 2 days. she says where she's from (ratchaburi), there's a road where the game is on, and if you go there you can expect to get wet for the 3 days they play, but otherwise it's safe. she's still trying to figure out the safe zones in pattaya. today she went to the pharmacy, pulled up her bike, completely dry, and 3 guys approached her with the blue tubes. she said in clear english "please, i'm sick, i just want to get some medicine, please don't", and all three soaked her. she was on her way to a friend's house, but immediately turned the bike around and came in the room with her teeth chattering, and was truly flustered trying to figure out how to get to her friend's birthday and stay dry. this was on soi boakhao after 6.

the whole "everything goes this is thailand" attitude is definitely a tourist thing. things are certainly more free here than back home, but there is some subtlety that seems lost on the holiday makers.

The posts by patklang and tlock and others prior to these,are both based on actual experience and support my original post.

No one can complain about Songkran if it is celebrated in a sensible, safe and sane way; unfortunately the lunatics spoil it for everyone.

We went out the other night (12th at 11pm) and as soon as we parked the motorbike there was a direct hit in the face with the illegal pipe spray. Almost took my eye out and then he hit the GF in the same way. We ran away to the front of the bar but then on the raised upper terrace over the entrance a guy pours his beer over my GF's head. I give him a nasty look and he starts kicking through the grate trying to get at us. Nice people. We just got back on the bike and went home. Both perps were tatooed and shaved-headed farangs. My GF asking me if farangs party like this at home. She's from Issan and says that at home they never do like that, and they are supposed to stop after dark.

I believe that everyone should see Songkran in Pattaya once.

I have done mine and will never go anywhere near Pattaya at Songkran again. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time initially but the novelty soon wore off.

In the last 2 years I have been equally wet but celebrated with mainly genuine Thais, and Falangs, around towns and villages.

Pattaya is a war zone at Sngkran BUT everyone knows what to expect, so I have little sympathy for any whingers.

I came here not aware that it was a weekly event i thought it was for a couple of days.

After changing from my soaking clothes to go to the gym i walked down the street and was instantly soaked despite telling both Thai and farang not to.

Not everyone who comes to Pattaya is here to get pissed everyday running after whores, if this was the case i wouldnt mind as much.

Besides many back home dont want to celebrate Xmas/N Year as its gone completely over the top now.

Edited by sanmiguel

After changing from my soaking clothes to go to the gym i walked down the street and was instantly soaked despite telling both Thai and farang not to.

I wish we had video. PALEEASE don't squirt me. I'm going to the gym in the middle of Songkran!! :o:D:D

Edited by Ulysses G.