Arrest Warrants Issued For 14 Red Shirt Leaders And Thaksin

bangkokrick

Is it Abhisit's fault if no court has issued arrest warrants for the PAD leaders or do you guys suggest Abhisit should take influence on the courts?

I would think that a PM would have enough power to have an arrest warrant issued for someone that occupied the government house for 5 months and the airports for a week, no?

But then again, you can't prosecute those who made you PM, that would be treason.

Well said. The government is hypocritical.

Prepare for the onslaught of the yellow Thaivisa mob.

Funny thing is, when the yellow CDS/CNS deposed the elected Thaksin government, their manifesto was very nationalistic, and they were changing laws to curtail foreign ownership rights. Not just the big biz of Thaksinian dimensions - even the little guys who made modest investments were targetted. As if that weren't enough, they were openly calling for the dilution of the popular vote.

It's paradoxical that so many foreigners fall for their rhetoric and blindly support their sinister anti-democratic ends, just because of an irrational hatred of Thaksin. Life under the yellows might not be cushy at all for your average Joe Farang.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.g7hno.co.uk/stupid/10catz.html This is what I think of your "poll" SJ :D

As much as I would enjoy the rewards of owning the Bangkok Post, I don't... hence, it's not "my poll". :)

Looking at the Bangkok Post these days, all you might find is a mountain of debt

As much as I would enjoy the challenge of owning the indebted Bangkok Post, I don't.... hence, it's still not "my poll". :D

Edited by sriracha john

It's paradoxical that so many foreigners fall for their rhetoric

Because the rhetoric isn't there. You created it yourself.

You have a very short memory, which doesn't seem to extend any farther back than Abhisit's installation. The anti foreign ownership rhetoric that was coming out of the CDS was reported in all the paper after the coup, including the Bangkok Post and the Nation. Changes to the Foreign Business Act were proposed by the CDS generals and yellow lot that made it much harder for even small time foreign businesspeople to operate. Changes were proposed to prevent collection of profits from share transactions, then abruptly reversed when the stock market tanked. The generals meddling in economic affairs was all over the front pages of newspapers from all sides at the time.

I am not an influential army general, nor am I a former CDS member, so I flatly deny your charge that it was me who created those anti-foreigner policies.

The anti foreign ownership rhetoric that was coming out of the CDS was reported in all the paper after the coup, including the Bangkok Post and the Nation. Changes to the Foreign Business Act were proposed by the CDS generals and yellow lot..

No, they were not.

And what is CDS anyway? I assume you mean CNS - the junta, comprising of Sonthi (the general) and seven other members.

The anti foreign ownership rhetoric that was coming out of the CDS was reported in all the paper after the coup, including the Bangkok Post and the Nation. Changes to the Foreign Business Act were proposed by the CDS generals and yellow lot..

No, they were not.

And what is CDS anyway? I assume you mean CNS - the junta, comprising of Sonthi (the general) and seven other members.

Yes, they were. You will be telling me that Thailand is south of antarctica next.

It's CDR, which stood for Council for Democratic Reform (in tanks, ho ho), not CDS or CNS (which was a later name for the group). The CDR were the original post coup junta - Sondhi, Saprang, Anupong et al. Their nationalistic manifesto revolved around little more than 'saving' thailand from foreign ownership. Their indiscriminate targetting of foreigners owning anything, and abrupt policy reversals, caused an enormous amount of nervousness to the foreign business community at the time.

Funny how so many foreigners behave like lemmings - they supported a political movement that was talking about running them out of town, just because of the Thaksin knee-jerk response

Funny also how you deny what was in the news from all sides at the time.

No, they were not.

Yes, they were. You will be telling me that Thailand is south of antarctica next.

It's CDR, which stood for Council for Democratic Reform (in tanks, ho ho), not CDS or CNS (which was a later name for the group). The CDR were the original post coup junta - Sondhi, Saprang, Anupong et al. Their nationalistic manifesto revolved around little more than 'saving' thailand from foreign ownership. Their indiscriminate targetting of foreigners owning anything, and abrupt policy reversals, caused an enormous amount of nervousness to the foreign business community at the time.

Funny how so many foreigners behave like lemmings - they supported a political movement that was talking about running them out of town, just because of the Thaksin knee-jerk response

They went under CDR and CNS, but PAD leader SONDHI was NEVER in either.

General Sonthi was.

Their nationalistic rants was nothjing more that rally round the flag rhetoric,

scary for farangs, bbut nothing more than local race baiting to solidify one more branch of support.

Did it amount to much, nope. Just air to fill papers and influence the not so bright...

No, they were not.

General Sonthi was.

scary for farangs, bbut nothing more than local race baiting to solidify one more branch of support.

Did it amount to much, nope. Just air to fill papers and influence the not so bright...

I think you misunderstand why they backed away from changing this law and how emotive an issue it is when "selling the country" is mentioned. They weren't interested in protecting the country one bit. Rather they wanted to scare any more investors from flooding in and controlling companies without supposedly paying their silent partners a pittance on their silent shares. The deal was deemed legal, the issue is whether any silent Thai partners were going to get their rental fees for the privilege.

This is in direct comparison to the business model largely employed by many Japanese companies who have paid "rental" fees way above the odds for years.

To change it would have very much bitten the hand that has fed many selected people within the country for decades.

No, they were not.

No, they weren't.

They had nothing to do with Foreign Business Act.

Two simple quesitons for you:

- Prove that CDR/CNS was behind it

- Show any sign of nationalism in their manifesto you implied in your post.

You made the allegations, your job to prove them.

No, they weren't.

you make allegations all the time and added fantasies of the past how it never was in reality. you should learn to back up your opinions and your claims first andalso how to counter with the use of arguments instead of declaring everything just to false and wrong if you don't like those other opinions.

if you didn't saw any sign of nationalismi t's difficult to explain it to you anyway.

and please, can we stay on topic?

General Sonthi was.

Sondhi L. was not a member if the junta (to which Sondhi Boonyaratgin belonged), but he did support their actions in toppling the elected government of the day. Sondhi L. also favoured the corrupt and ultra nationalistic General Saprang for the top army post, which eventually went to Anupong.

That's the fundamental flaw in your viewpoint - on the one hand you want rights to live in Thailand and you vilify corruption; on the other hand you support a movement that advocates ulranationalistic corrupt generals who are against foreigners having any kind of rights, and who caused utter chaos to the economy upon which everyone depends.

No, they weren't.

I haven't had this kind of 'yes they were, no they weren't, so there' argument since I was a child. The CDR were quite public about their views on how foreigners rights should be curtailed, to the utmost alarm of the expat and business community at the time.

For you to deny that ever happened is just plain silly.

DRUGS WAR VICTIMS

Slain couple innocent, top sleuth says

A couple slain in Tak during the Thaksin government's war on drugs were innocent victims, says a top detective.

Police brought false accusations of being involved in drug trafficking against Pongthep and Ampaipan Rukhongprasert, slain in Tak's Mae Sot district on May 18, 2003, says Piyawat Kingket, Head of Special Criminal Cases for the Department of Special Investigation (DSI).

The DSI would decide its stance on the case next week before forwarding it to an anti-graft commission.

Given that we now have three (at least) threads running on charges facing Thaksin, I think we can safely close this and ask people to post here:

///CLOSED///

Family seeks return of 20 Million Baht

The family of a couple slain during the 2003 war on drugs is seeking the return of 20 million baht of assets that were seized from the victims. But they have been advised to first ask the police to drop the original drug charges against the couple. Chatchai Sutthiklom, adviser to the Office of Narcotics Control Board, said the family of Pongthep and Ampaiwan Rukhongprasert should use the Department of Special Investigation's findings to appeal for the charges to be dropped.

The couple were killed in Tak's Mae Sot district on May 18, 2003 during the Thaksin administration's war on drugs. More than 20 million baht of assets belonging to them were confiscated. The case is one of four high-profile cases involving extrajudicial killings during the anti-drugs campaign.

The DSI, which launched a probe into the killings in December 2006, found the couple was falsely accused of drug trafficking, prompting their family to seek the return of the confiscated assets.

Continued:

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-05-16

The family of a couple slain during the 2003 war on drugs is seeking the return of 20 million baht of assets that were seized from the victims. But they have ...

can we please stay On Topic.

This trhread is about the arrest warrents and carges of violating the traffic laws on songkran.

Songkran, Pattaya. The red shirts walked through 3 police lines with smiles and nods, and on coming to a military line, were actually accompanied to the hotel by the military!

General Anupong's children, studying in England, allegedly used to stay in Thaksin's house in London.

Thaksin, allegedly!, said to Suthep he only wanted 50 billion of his assets back, Suthep could keep the rest if he could enable Thaksin to come back.

True or false? Perhaps Thai Visa should start a new poll!

The family of a couple slain during the 2003 war on drugs is seeking the return of 20 million baht of assets that were seized from the victims. But they have ...

can we please stay On Topic.

This trhread is about the arrest warrents and carges of violating the traffic laws on songkran.

Perhaps you should have a word with admin ( SBK ) about this as they closed and moved the thread dedicated to this important issue to this one.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bringing-Tha...821&st=1275

Post 1299

With respect to admin and moderational issues their judgement in the majority of cases is just and fair.

Personally without wishing to offend or criticise anyone, i think that it should have been left open as it is until such times as the EKJ,s are settled in a court of law.

It is in my humble opinion, insulting all those who have suffered especially those who were illegally murdered and their loved ones, to lump them with the red shirt issues ( of which there are many ).

You quite rightly observe while also important, they are not of the same calibre in relation to the subject matter of the present day offences of the low lifes among the infamous red army.

Thank you

P.S.

marshbags thread deserves a better fate, which is dedicated to awareness and with gods will final retribution for Thaksin and his partners in this sad and ongoing monstrousity of injustice.

(Picture posted a thousand times before and reappearing as new evidence snipped.)

Rule to clear protestor: negotiation. If not work, water. If not work, tear gas.

No gun can be used to shoot protestors. Now you see the reason the reds got mad?

So, now they are reds? But you called them yellows, blues and third hands previously. What is it to be? You can't keep changing your assertions to suit what you're posting, why, that would be lying to the forum. Either they're reds who were rioting, and were therefore legally dispersed, or they were imposters trying to cause violence and the deaths of innocent protestors, in which case they deserved all they got. Which is it to be? Not that I expect an answer, any reply will be a reposting of an old and / or fake photo and the repetition of the Thaksin mantra "yellows, blah blah, airport, blah blah, sleeping govt house, blah blah, Thaksin my PM, blah blah, Abhisit puppet, blah blah, not fair, blah blah, sold land, no crime, blah blah, cooking show, oink oink".

I saw other videos people cursing soldiers when tanks were seen, thinking a coup was on the way. True that the reds got mad when seeing the shooting.

I believe that those who brought the gasoline trucks and buses in and those who shot Nang Lerng people were not 100% real reds. Photos taken that day showed that they looked like the yellows and the blues when they wore black, covered faces and had weapons.

What do you want me to post? They are all old events. Khun Thaksin has gone for years but they still talk about him like he was here yesterday.

you make allegations all the time and added fantasies of the past how it never was in reality. you should learn to back up your opinions and your claims first andalso how to counter with the use of arguments instead of declaring everything just to false and wrong if you don't like those other opinions.

Without specific examples you post is just flaming.

No, they weren't.

I haven't had this kind of 'yes they were, no they weren't, so there' argument since I was a child. The CDR were quite public about their views on how foreigners rights should be curtailed, to the utmost alarm of the expat and business community at the time.

For you to deny that ever happened is just plain silly.

Draft of the Foregin Business Act was the work of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Commerce Ministry and it went to the National Legislative Assemby which reopened the debate, eventually the govt withdrew the bill after NLA insisted on a stricter version.

It had nothing to do with the junta/CNS whatsoever.

If you insist that it was Sonthi Boonyarataglin and his fellow generals proposal it's your job to provide proof, not mine.

I believe that those who brought the gasoline trucks and buses in and those who shot Nang Lerng people were not 100% real reds. Photos taken that day showed that they looked like the yellows and the blues when they wore black, covered faces and had weapons.

Please tell us how a real red dress like so we can replicate it next time we try to fake a red riot.

Thanks in advance.

Please tell us how a real red dress like so we can replicate it next time we try to fake a red riot.

Thanks in advance.

I can't believe you have to ask, TAWP...

From another topic:

Look at this guy in Bangkok. PAD and the blues are known for having slingshots, not the reds.

Untitled-7.jpg

You mean to say this guy is attacking reds? He surely has lost his mind as I can count about a dozen red shirts BEHIND him. He's shooting in the wrong direction!

Did I say he is attacking the reds?

The picture shows that the reds are attacking people using the slingshot. But the guy doesn't look like a red to me. He looks like the yellows and the blues went mixing to make the reds look bad. People misunderstood that any violence that day was caused by the reds.

So, to recap: Rule #1 - put your slingshots away.

30102922-01.jpg

Pheu Thai Party MP Jatuporn Prompan, also a core leader of red shirts, surrenders on Monday to face charges of involving in the April chaos.

The Nation / 2009-05-18

Jatuporn surrenders to police

Pheu Thai Party MP Jatuporn Prompan on Monday was released on three conditions after turning himself in to police to face charges of inciting unrest during the Songkran riots.

Police released Jatuporn, one of the core leaders of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, on conditions that he would not disrupt police investigation, involve in political activities, and leave the country.

After one hour of investigation, Jatuporn left the Metropolitan Police Bureau Headquarters where a group of the red shirts were waiting to show him support.

He told them he would later come back to file a complaint against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva for ordering the murder of red-shirt protesters.

Jatuporn was among 27 people wanted by police on inciting unrest during Songkran riots. Others have gradually surrendered to face charges. Since Parliament is in the session, the MP has MP immunity against arrest.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-18

Edited by sriracha john

Imageaspxy4y446456.jpg

Red-Shirt Leader Reports to Investigators

A red-shirt group’s core leader has reported to police investigators to acknowledge charges for his involvement in last month’s political unrest.

Core leader of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship and Pheu Thai Party-list MP Jatuporn Prompan today reported to Deputy Metropolitan Police Commissioner Police Major-General Amnuay Nimano to face charges of assembling more than 10 people to instigate chaos during a state of emergency.

Jatuporn stated that he has never used his MP status to avoid reporting to investigators and his appearance prior to the date set by investigators was due to his schedule tomorrow, which includes clarifying to the House panel investigating the red-shirt protests and the crackdown on the Songkran Day riot.

He also vowed to press charges against the Prime Minister for allegedly masterminding a plot to kill DAAD protesters, claiming that he has strong evidence to back his case.

Other DAAD leaders, meanwhile, prepared to report to police tomorrow.

Police Major-General Amnuay stated that investigators could not immediately charge Jatuporn and take him into custody since he has legal immuity as an MP while the current House session has yet to conclude.

Jatuporn was told to report to police again after May 25th.

A score of DAAD supporters, meanwhile, gathered outside the the Metropolitan Police Bureau to give moral support for Jatuporn.

Other suspects linked to the DAAD protests, excluding ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinnwatra and the group’s core leader Jakrapob Penkair, have also expressed their wish to report to investigators.

The Deputy Commissioner also commented that the DADD’s plan to file murder charges against the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister in charge of national security must be based on strong evidence.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-05-18

quote name='Koo82' post='2710902' date='2009-05-04 10:58:29']Look at this guy in Bangkok. PAD and the blues are known for having slingshots, not the reds.

Untitled-7.jpg

You mean to say this guy is attacking reds? He surely has lost his mind as I can count about a dozen red shirts BEHIND him. He's shooting in the wrong direction!

This guy may dress in black T-shirt. But i am sure the police found a red underwear under it. Or red sock, or red keychain, or maybe he carry a red hundred baht bill. Ah you see, he is a RED.

He told them he would later come back to file a complaint against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva for ordering the murder of red-shirt protesters.
Imageaspxy4y446456.jpg

He also vowed to press charges against the Prime Minister for allegedly masterminding a plot to kill DAAD protesters, claiming that he has strong evidence to back his case.

The Deputy Commissioner also commented that the DADD’s plan to file murder charges against the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister in charge of national security must be based on strong evidence.

:):D :D

This guy may dress in black T-shirt. But i am sure the police found a red underwear under it. Or red sock, or red keychain, or maybe he carry a red hundred baht bill. Ah you see, he is a RED.

Or maybe he is an innocent passersby who has nothing to do with all those reds behind him whatsoever. Maybe he is hunting for his lunch.

Innocent until presumed guilty, right?

UDD leaders seek postponement of additional charge hearing

BANGKOK, 19 May 2009 (NNT) - A lawyer for the United Front of Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) core leaders scheduled to receive charges from police today has requested that the hearing be postponed due to the leaders’ illness and duties.

UDD Leader Sirawit Pimklang, along with UDD attorney Ruengdej Luengboriboon, traveled today to meet with the investigative officers at the Metropolitan Police Division 1 Headquarters to receive charges stemming from his anti-government movements and appearance on the UDD stage last month after the Emergency Decree was issued.

Ruengdej clarified to the police however that the other 3 leaders, including Weera Musikapong, Natthawut Saikua and Weng Tojirakarn, could not be present for the scheduled hearing.

He elaborated that Weera was currently ill and being treated at the hospital while Natthawut and Weng had to appear in front of the House of Representatives to clarify on the UDD protest incidents during the Songkran holiday.

The UDD attorney asked that the hearing be rescheduled to a later date.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2009-05-19

UDD leaders seek postponement of additional charge hearing

A lawyer

has requested that the hearing be postponed due to the leaders’ illness

UDD attorney Ruengdej Luengboriboon

clarified to the police however that the other 3 leaders, including Weera Musikapong

could not be present for the scheduled hearing.

He elaborated that Weera was currently ill and being treated at the hospital

The UDD attorney asked that the hearing be rescheduled to a later date.

As Koo reminds us... he was just fine to go up on stage and attend a bail-condition-bending Red Shirt rally just a couple of days ago...

Not only 2nd generation of leaders were there:

DSC_0411.jpg

From the thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Supreme-Cour...2573543&hl=

Supreme Court Takes New Case Against Thaksin Cabinet Over Rubber Saplings

Court Begins Hearing on Rubber Sapling Fraud

The first prosecution witnesses in the corruption trial involving the controversial purchase of 90 million rubber saplings by the Thaksin government took the stand at the Supreme Court today.

Former member of the now-defunct Assets Examination Committee Banjerd Singkhanati testified as a witness for the plaintiff, the National Counter Corruption Commission, before the court for the controversial purchase of 90 million rubber saplings by the Thaksin government.

The commission has lodged corruption charges against 44 people allegedly involved in the 1.4 Billion Baht procurement of 90 million rubber saplings initiated by the government of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Among those indicted are former Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusriphithak

SomkidJatusripitaK.jpg

former Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Somkid Jatusripitak

Lets keep all Thaksin related criminal charges here:

///CLOSED///

===================================================================

Former Deputy Prime Minister Insists on Legality of Rubber Sapling Project

A former Deputy Prime Minister reiterated at a court hearing today that he believed the controversial rubber sapling project was run legally and according to government regulations.

Former Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusriphitak today appeared at the Supreme Court’s Division for Cases Against Political Office-Holders to testify about suspected corruption in the purchase of 90 million rubber saplings initiated by the Thaksin administration.

The National Anti-Corruption Commission indicted Somkid, who was Chairman of the Farmer Assistance Committee at the time, former Commerce Minister Warathep Rattanakorn, former Agriculture Minister Soraat Klinpathum, and former Deputy Agriculture Minister Newin Chidchob. Forty-four others were also indicted.

Somkid told the court the procurement was conducted legally and that the Cabinet endorsed the project to help farmers generate income.

He said none of the ministers expressed opposition during the meeting when the project was discussed.

Somkid said the committee approved the project's 1.4 Billion Baht budget because it believed the Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry would be able to repay the money.

He insisted the project was approved legitimately and was done with the best interests of farmers in mind.

Somkid also asked for the court’s permission to hear testimony from the former Chairman of the Thai Farmers Group, Ubolsak Bualuangngarm, who he said would testify to his innocence.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-05-19