Arrest Warrants Issued For 14 Red Shirt Leaders And Thaksin

bangkokrick

They weren't arrested because they surrendered by themselves.

I don't remember PAD surrendered by themselves. After they knew PPP was dissolved, they cried, kissed and hugged at Suvarnabhumi Airport, helped cleared the terminal and came straight home. One became Foreign Minister. Some became ministers and advisors or some similar high positions. Only this month I heard of the arrest list of more than 20 PAD for blocking airports.

The reds were covered by soldiers on 14th April around Government House. Their leaders surrendered and were held by police right on the same day. I saw Arisaman's hands tied at back and he went with a man covering face. Did they do that to any of PAD leaders? The reds who stayed till the end had to go through soldier fences showing ID cards. No one has any guns or weapon. They left and Government House has no damage. Do you remember after PAD left, a remaining homemade bomb exploded in GH?

PAD did show courage and set an example for some Red leaders who went into hiding... and are afraid to show up! Why?

And also wanting to collect 1 million signatures for coming home as a hero as well! :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That the leaders have been charged is good news, as should anyone found causing damage to private or public property in Bangkok and Pattaya during this time.

But it is quite amazing that they can be charged within 24 hours whilst the leaders of an arguably larger protest, the yellows, still have not been charged at all for taking over three International airports. I wonder if this is what is behind the absolute division in this country and until both sides are treated equally by the police and judiciary, rich poor or otherwise, is there any chance for Thailand to reach its potential?

Agreed both sides Pad and Redshirt leaders should be on trial . Propagander from either side should not be allowed apart from some limited and controlled air time . TV stations should not be controlled by one side or the other .

Unless it is seen by the whole of Thailand that all sides are treated the same there will never be a solution .

I agree , all colours who caused damage to public property or participated in heating the crowd should put on trial.

The way the government is discriminating between reds and ywllows bring to mind the Israeli way of thinking when the Jewish settlers attack and vandalise the Palestinian property and escape punishment while a Palestinian may get killed for mere walking beside an illegal Jews settlement. A loathsome Discrimination identical cases.

I hope you don't misunderstand that more than 100 were dead.

A topic in this website said at least 77 but the later number was over 100. Do your own search as I don't have the FAQ page.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/20-000-Red-S...16#entry2732316

She clearly says more than 100 dead there.

:) "I hope you don't misunderstand that more than 100 were dead" has the same meaning with "If you think I said 100 were dead, you misunderstand".

No, it doesn't. But nice playing.

And you failed to qualify what the 'at least 77 but later the number over a 100' had inflicted upon them, and the only previous condition mentioned is dead. If you really meant wounded you would have written that since that would have been proper English.

But not we will play the 'I didn't lie, I don't write English well'-road...so comfortable it must be.

Have anyone sees what happen to Honduras now.

IF Thaksin were to fly in from whereever now in his private jet and request to land in Swampy, I am afraid so many Thaksin support will go to welcome him that police and army will confront Thaksin protesters with tear gas, any most likely AOT will shut the airport down again. Just my imagination.

In terms of civilians, it wouldn't just be his supporters going to the airport to "welcome" him. Trust me.

Hi All.

Koo 82 I think you are aware that Khun Thaksin stole , And I am certain he knows what he stole and where he stole it from, Why do you think he is afraid to come back and face questioning in court . Let me tell you, He knows that the Barristers in court are much smarter than him and his defence will be just a tissue of lies with so much evidence stacked against him, by the time he gets to charge 17 he will probably already have 25 years, and probably trying to bribe the gaurds to let him keep his belt and shoelaces so that he can do everyone a favour and ,end it all.

phupaman.

A topic in this website said at least 77 but the later number was over 100. Do your own search as I don't have the FAQ page.

:) "I hope you don't misunderstand that more than 100 were dead" has the same meaning with "If you think I said 100 were dead, you misunderstand".

Koo dear it does NOT mean the same thing. Absolutely NOT.

I do understand English is not your first language,

and you may have been caught up in the moment...

The clarification sentence #2 says; you did not say 100 were dead.

But the one you left posted since Songkran week says quite clearly:

100 were dead, but you didn't say more than 100 were dead.

Sorry but what you posted said, for english speakers,

that you thought up to 100, but not more tha 100 were dead.

Two months later you make a clarification....

After months of searching for lost souls, no one is reported missing.

With the exception of two security guards found executed down by the river.

And whether they were reds or whether their deaths was in any way

connected with the disturbances has never been proved.

Sadly two security guards being killed is not uncommon in Bangkok.

Wrong place, wrong time is typically the reason.

Edited by animatic

They weren't arrested because they surrendered by themselves.

I don't remember PAD surrendered by themselves. After they knew PPP was dissolved, they cried, kissed and hugged at Suvarnabhumi Airport, helped cleared the terminal and came straight home. One became Foreign Minister. Some became ministers and advisors or some similar high positions. Only this month I heard of the arrest list of more than 20 PAD for blocking airports.

The reds were covered by soldiers on 14th April around Government House. Their leaders surrendered and were held by police right on the same day. I saw Arisaman's hands tied at back and he went with a man covering face. Did they do that to any of PAD leaders? The reds who stayed till the end had to go through soldier fences showing ID cards. No one has any guns or weapon. They left and Government House has no damage. Do you remember after PAD left, a remaining homemade bomb exploded in GH?

Most PAD leaders turned themselves in with in a month or so after the airport to answer charges,

and give initial inquiry statements. An new batch of summons went out this week and PAD is answering them.

Yes red leaders hand cuffed and hiding in shame too... nice,

maybe they didn't feel good about the weeks occurences.

The main reason PAD wasn't arrested at the time was the collapsing government wasn't able to deal with it.

IOt has also utterly lost the respect of all police and military forces and had no abilty to do anything.

The incompetence of the Somchai government is what allowed the airport to be take in the 1st place.

It could have been stoped before hand, plenty of time to do it.

And lets not for get why PAD left G.H. and went to the airports: Bombs in the night thrown at them from stealth.

The Abhisit government in contrast was able to deal with the street disturbances in and even handed manner.

Like the outcomes or not, the difference between Oct 7 and Songkran's end game were vastly different.

And that comes down to even handedness and competence.

Do you remember anti-Yellow bombers throwing bombs at night into GH while PAD was there?

Cause and effect. Yes the reds forced PAD to leave GH, but their 'victory' was soon a MUCH greater loss for all.

Reds vs PAD a GH were like a kid hitting a barking dog with a stick because they didn't like it,

and then complaining endlessly when the dog bit them, but wasn't killed for doing it.

Koo dear it does NOT mean the same thing. Abwsolutely NOT.

But the one you left posted since Songkran week says quite clearly:

100 were dead, but you didn't say more than 100 were dead.

Sorry but what you posted said, for english speakers,

that you thought up to 100, but not more tha 100 were dead.

Two months later you make a clarification....

After months of searching for lost souls, no one is reported missing.

With the exception of two security guards found executed down by the river.

And whether they were reds or whether their deaths was in any way

connected with the disturbances has never been proved.

Sadly two security guards being killed is not uncommon in Bangkok.

Wrong place, wrong time is typically the reason.

Veera Chairman of restructured UDD

The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship has been restructured, with Veera Musikhapong appointed Chairman, the anti-government movement announced on Thursday.

"All core members of the UDD decided at a seminar on July 7 and 8 that I should be the UDD Chairman," Veera said at a press conference.

Manit Jitchanklab was appointed UDD Adviser and Nathawut Saikua the Spokesman, while other leaders were Committee members, he said. The first activities of the restructured UDD would be to

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...estructured-udd

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-07-09

PAD did show courage and set an example for some Red leaders who went into hiding... and are afraid to show up! Why?

Why? Because of the double standard.

Ask yourself, one who blocked GH and airports and one whose wife bought a land, who's more dangerous?

Koo dear it does NOT mean the same thing. Abwsolutely NOT.

Animatic dear I did not say 100 were dead. I said in post #217 of http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/20-000-Red-S...16#entry2732316

"A topic in this website said at least 77 but the later number was over 100. Do your own search as I don't have the FAQ page."

I wanted to post "at least 77 injured". I forgot to type "injured" :)

How can I know if they're dead or not dead when I was not at Din Daeng? Basing on the online English newspapers in Thailand is impossible for me because I never read them.

Like I said earlier, I can possibly tell if one is dead if you and I together sit in front of the person and when he stops breathing. But if his brain still works, he may be considered alive.

Hi All.

Koo ,It is good that you remember this man who arranged for his wife to buy land, Apart for trying to overthrow the Government in April, Can you remember any of the other serious offences he is currently running away from. I think you can if you think hard enough. But don't give yourself a head-ache.

phupaman

Hi All.

Koo 82 I think you are aware that Khun Thaksin stole , And I am certain he knows what he stole and where he stole it from, Why do you think he is afraid to come back and face questioning in court .

I don't know anything about the "stole" you said.

All I know is he won election twice, and the 2nd time big win. He is in the party which can form government with no help from anyone out of Parliament House, and no one closed any airport to help him get rid of the previous PM.

Tell me what he stole and from who.

Hi All.

Koo ,It is good that you remember this man who arranged for his wife to buy land, Apart for trying to overthrow the Government in April, Can you remember any of the other serious offences he is currently running away from. I think you can if you think hard enough. But don't give yourself a head-ache.

phupaman

I'm wondering why they don't bring "other serious offences" out to judge since the land case is such a small case.

Why do you think he "arranged for his wife to buy land"?

Hi All.

Koo, The other serious offences are at present stacked up in the Criminal Court for Political Office Holders, The number one reason he is running like a scared rabbit, You do your own research Koo and you will know why he will keep on running, because Koo he knows he is as guilty as hel_l.

phupaman

Hi All.

Koo, The other serious offences are at present stacked up in the Criminal Court for Political Office Holders, The number one reason he is running like a scared rabbit, You do your own research Koo and you will know why he will keep on running, because Koo he knows he is as guilty as hel_l.

phupaman

Exactly, he can afford the best lawyers in Thailand, no reason to hide if he's innocent.

Hi All.

phupaman

The charges against him are relatively trivial trivial (not that they don't need to be dealt with in the courts).The serious charges against him to which presumably Koo refers - drug war killings, human rights offences in the South etc - have not been brought against him.

:D "I hope you don't misunderstand that more than 100 were dead" has the same meaning with "If you think I said 100 were dead, you misunderstand".

No, it doesn't. But nice playing.

And you failed to qualify what the 'at least 77 but later the number over a 100' had inflicted upon them, and the only previous condition mentioned is dead. If you really meant wounded you would have written that since that would have been proper English.

But not we will play the 'I didn't lie, I don't write English well'-road...so comfortable it must be.

I posted "A topic in this website said at least 77 but the later number was over 100. Do your own search as I don't have the FAQ page."

You should understand that this website is thaivisa.com and this website never has any topic saying 77 were dead. You should understand I forgot to type "injured".

Why must I lie? I didn't say 100 were dead. I said earlier that how can you know if people are dead if you only view photos having blood? I did post some photos with a lot of blood and I did say we can't tell if they're dead. I was not at Din Daeng. I asked why they didn't allow to show a video in Parliament meeting of a man he said he survived and jumped out from an army truck.

I didn't say I don't write English well. One member here said my English is better than Khun Thaksin's English :)

My question is why they don't bring the serious offenses to judge before the land case. Why did they judge the land case first?

I am not a legal expert only can guess

Depending on the seriousness of a case it can sometimes be very long time until the court opens proceedings

My question is why they don't bring the serious offenses to judge before the land case. Why did they judge the land case first?

Depending on the seriousness of a case it can sometimes be very long time until the court opens proceedings

You guessed wrong.The more serious cases will never be brought because they have the potential (and that's putting mildly) of ensnaring some of Thaksin's most rabid opponents.

You guessed wrong.The more serious cases will never be brought because they have the potential (and that's putting mildly) of ensnaring some of Thaksin's most rabid opponents.

The shipping Moo case has the potential to do untold damage to Thaksin and northern Thai politcians especially one very powerful and Thaksin supporting mafiosa family

It is not talked about in the media much but if pushed could turn thermonuclear in politcal terms. It may remain as a lever on certain northern power brokers but there is no reason to expect anti-Thaksin elements to fall by th eway side if pushed.

This is the big big case that could ruin if not just kept as political leverage.

Edited to add: as it is a murder case it is definitely serious in nature.

Edited by hammered

I posted "A topic in this website said at least 77 but the later number was over 100. Do your own search as I don't have the FAQ page."

You should understand that this website is thaivisa.com and this website never has any topic saying 77 were dead. You should understand I forgot to type "injured".

Why must I lie? I didn't say 100 were dead. I said earlier that how can you know if people are dead if you only view photos having blood? I did post some photos with a lot of blood and I did say we can't tell if they're dead. I was not at Din Daeng. I asked why they didn't allow to show a video in Parliament meeting of a man he said he survived and jumped out from an army truck.

I didn't say I don't write English well. One member here said my English is better than Khun Thaksin's English :)

You did say 100 was dead.

Now you claim it was due to poor English.

Alright.

So you now concede to the fact that the death-toll amongst the red is close or at zero from Black Songkran?

Is that a correct understanding? I am asking, to the best of your knowledge, if you have any information of evidence to the contrary.

Since it was easiest to prove. Fast goes first.

Wrong again.The drugs war killings and the resposibility for them were among the easiest to prove.But see my response above to another person who got it wrong.

the same view with Nuttawut's impersonation of Michelle Pfeiffer on a piano in the movie The Fabulous Baker Boys.

Imageaspx7yxswu47.jpgMichellePfeifferonPiano2small.jpg

Red-Shirt Leader Reports to Police in April's Riot Case

A red-shirt leader turned himself in to the city police today to face charges for his role in the anti-government riot in mid-April.

Core leader of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship Nutthawut Saikua today reported to investigators at the Metropolitan Police Division One for his alleged involvement in the group's riot in April and for the defamation case filed against him by banned politician Newin Chidchob.

Nutthawut's libel case stemmed from his remark over Newin's connection with the blue-shirt group that clash with DAAD protesters during the ASEAN Summit in Chonburi.

Commenting on the police's issuance of summons for the core leaders of the People's Alliance for Democracy on terrorism charges, Nutthawut said the move stemmed from the group's conflict with the ruling Democrat Party and from pressure from the public and the DAAD on police to speed up the case.

As for the celebration of the 60th birthday of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, the DAAD leader said his group is looking for a site in Bangkok for the event while Art Samart district in Roi Et Province will hold a grand celebration for people upcountry.

Nutthawut claimed the DAAD has received tens of thousands of application forms to seek a royal pardon for Thaksin but his group is ready to terminate its campaign if it fails to solicit a million signatures as targeted.

He also denied the group is planning to disrupt the Prime Minister's visit to Buriram in the Northeast tomorrow.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-07-10

Since it was easiest to prove. Fast goes first.

Wrong again.The drugs war killings and the resposibility for them were among the easiest to prove.But see my response above to another person who got it wrong.

Haha, you are a funny guy.

Please submit your boxes of evidence against Thaksin that you obviously have and we can get this show on the road!

(And Thaksin, even if morally responsible, are harder to pinpoint legally for the cases you mention...hence, not a first case to bring up.)

Please submit your boxes of evidence against Thaksin that you obviously have and we can get this show on the road!

Thaksin's orders and statements on the drugs war are on the record.It would be a very straightforward matter for public prosecutors to make the case.

The reasons for not doing, despite the probability of an easy conviction, are well known and accepted even by those who detest Thaksin and his legacy.

Those who don't understand this are either very naive or very ignorant.

Thaksin's orders and statements on the drugs war are on the record.It would be a very straightforward matter for public prosecutors to make the case.

The reasons for not doing, despite the probability of an easy conviction, are well known and accepted even by those who detest Thaksin and his legacy.

Those who don't understand this are either very naive or very ignorant.

Although i agree that Thaksin's role in the drugs war would be very easy to prove, that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a very complex case - it would. Thousands of people were killed by the hands of many different people. The scale and seriousness of this case, as well as the reasons you imply jayboy, is why if it ever does reach the courts it will take much longer than a simple case of abuse of power for the benefit of family in buying a bit of land.