Where Are My Old Posts In My Subscription List?

opalhort

I just wanted to add some info to a post I made about 20 days ago about the 90 days address reporting and found out that I no longer have access to all my previous subscriptions.

Running through the forum to find the post is not worth it.

Why do you give the option to load all subscriptions but cut all the ones out which did not get a reply within the last 15 days??????

This is a screenshot I just got!

post-3742-1240068070_thumb.jpg

opalhort

Why no reply from admin or mods as yet?

My point is that I do not like to start a new topic for something I've posted 1-2 months ago but now have new info related to this topic.

WHERE can I find ALL of my topics I've subscriped to, or all of my previous posts in one place????????????

opalhort

• 2 weeks later...

They should really be there under Subscriptions, View Topics.

Do you want to get email notification whenever a new reply is made in any topic in which you posted? If so, please double-check the setting under My Controls > Options > Email Settings >Board Preferences > Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

--

Maestro

Do you want to get email notification whenever a new reply is made in any topic in which you posted? If so, please double-check the setting under My Controls > Options > Email Settings >Board Preferences > Enable 'Email Notification' by default?

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro,

Yes I do get e-mail notification for replies, all settings are OK and this is working well.

My point is (see attachment in post#1) why are all subscribed to topics 'pruned'?

For example, I often subscribe to a topic of interest (computer/visa), not only my own posts, just because of information provided in the posts yet not needed at that time but the info may be of use for me at a future date.

So maybe half a year later I may recall that there was a topic of a certain subject which I would like to re-read now. In the past this was no problem, I just listed all subscriptions and - bingo - found it.

Now the only way to find anything old is to use the search on TV which can be very time consuming because of too many hits.

opalhort

• 3 weeks later...

--

Maestro

The problem here is as stated by the OP.

If there has been no reply to a topic that you have subscribed to for 15 days, it is automatically removed from your subscription list.

This means that if there is 16 days between additions to a topic that you have subscribed to, you will not get any email notification.

I recently added to a thread that had been idle for about 3 weeks. It was not in my subscription list any more and was really difficut to find using the search facility.

You can find all your posts by clicking on your name (on any post) and using the drop down menu. Find Member's Posts

I have tried this, but if have made a lot of posts recently, it can mean going through a lot of pages before finding what you are looking for.

You used to be able to view subscribed topics for at least a year, but now that subscription expires after 15 days with no additional posts.