How To Get A Response From Thai Immigration

I believe nobody has ever got an email reply after asking a question using the online feedback link. Better call 1111 and ask for immigration.

--

Maestro

Probably better to just post your Qs here and sift through the responses.

I reckon Immigration is somewhat understaffed English speakers and writers, the latter much more difficult to do, and the ones they have are out there on the interview lines.

FYI, non-response is not at all uncommon either with Qs to U.S. organizations, public or private, just not a priority.

Mac

I believe nobody has ever got an email reply after asking a question using the online feedback link. Better call 1111 and ask for immigration.

--

Maestro

we tried 1111 with what seems now like a simple question. Spoke to 4 or five persons over about 20 mins who did not know the answer the last giving us another number to call who never answered. Far better to ask here, unlike immigration you are more likely to get the right answer.

The problem with contacting immigration in Bangkok is that what they tell you may not apply to a local office. Many have their own rules that are not equal to the official rules.

We can help here with most questions or issues and even tell you some of the local rules.

But when it comes down to getting something done it is better to make a trip to your local office and ask.

The problem with contacting immigration in Bangkok is that what they tell you may not apply to a local office. Many have their own rules that are not equal to the official rules.

We can help here with most questions or issues and even tell you some of the local rules.

But when it comes down to getting something done it is better to make a trip to your local office and ask.

Is it a shame?

*scheme

or shame?

Which one would be correct?

so very true. Chiangmai Immigration allows you to renew your retirement visa up two 2 months before expiry date effectively giving you 14 months before you a have to apply again for an extension. I have moved from Chiangmai and will have to now apply for my extension in Hua Hin, will they also allow me to apply 2 months in advance?

so very true. Chiangmai Immigration allows you to renew your retirement visa up two 2 months before expiry date effectively giving you 14 months before you a have to apply again for an extension. I have moved from Chiangmai and will have to now apply for my extension in Hua Hin, will they also allow me to apply 2 months in advance?

Unless something was changed there is no longer an immigration office in Hua Hin you have to go to Singkhon which is near the border with Burma. They will be the only ones that can answer your question about how soon you can get your extension done.