Fresh Flowers?

Panamera

Hi All

I have recently moved to the Silom area and am looking for somewhere to buy reasonably priced fresh flowers. I have seen the shop on the corner of Silom / Saladaeng - but prices there are a bit steep for flowers that often seem to be very tired looking.

Can anyone suggest somewhere else I can go?

Many thanks to any responders.

Hi All

I have recently moved to the Silom area and am looking for somewhere to buy reasonably priced fresh flowers. I have seen the shop on the corner of Silom / Saladaeng - but prices there are a bit steep for flowers that often seem to be very tired looking.

Not near Silom but right outside the Villa on Sukhumvit near 33 is a big outdoor flower seller that seems to do very well with expats, and thais.

outside the Villa on Sukhumvit near 33 is a big outdoor flower seller

I would strongly recommend avoiding this stall. Hideously overpriced.

Thanks PC, now when my wife says "you don't bring me flowers - anymore" I can reply, "PC told me they are hideously overpriced dear".

Saparn Put market. Huge variety of flowers at very cheap prices. Am sure you can get whatever you want there. Might just be open in evening and early morning but not quite sure. Sure someone else will know.

Hi Nicholas - thanks for this info. Can you give me basic directions to this market please? (Any BTS or MRT stops nearby?).

Hi All

There was a small stall near the steps of Phrom Phong BTS on the opposite side to Emporium. I bought some flowers for my wife, I think they were 40 Baht a bunch.

Opposite State Tower there are a couple of shops next door to each other. Use the one on the right, (as you face them).

Obviously the best place for flowers is the flower market - Pak Klong Talat, near Chinatown. Most taxi drivers know where this is. Coming from Silom/Sathorn the quickest way is to go over Saphan Taksin, along past The Peninsula, and then cross back over the river on Tha Memorial Bridge (Phra Pokklao Bridge). Taxis usually return to Sathorn/Silom via Chinatown, Rama IV.

outside the Villa on Sukhumvit near 33 is a big outdoor flower seller

I would strongly recommend avoiding this stall. Hideously overpriced.

Thanks PC, now when my wife says "you don't bring me flowers - anymore" I can reply, "PC told me they are hideously overpriced dear".

Quite right too.

It's true about the place outside Villa, though. Many a time I've stayed too late at The Bull's Head and decided to soften the blow with a bunch of flowers for Mrs PC, and each time I have waddled up (sweating, obviously drunk, shouting swear words in Thai and with thousand baht notes falling out of my pockets) they have quoted sky-high prices! Incroyable!

Best bet for me (Thong Lor area), is the little alley about 20 yards down Soi 55 on the right.