Cm Travel Agent For Intl Flights

Dustoff

I seem to have misplaced the info on my last journey to the States and would like to know full contact info for a very efficient and reliable travel agent here in Chiang Mai.

Got one?

Dusty

PM Travek on Moonmuang, ask for Pom.

Go see Pichana (Nong) Vanichkanont at SEA Tours Co Ltd.

Address is 2/3 Prachasampan Road (but you might almost say it is on Changklan Road about 75 metres south of the Sridonchai / Changklan Road intersection)

e-mail < [email protected]

Fone: 053 271441-3

She will go all the way and get you best prices / deals / best connections, etc., and no bullshit. She will tell you if the tickets are refundable, moveable, changeable etc., etc.

She is a pretty lady (very pretty in fact) ?? :) I don't go there just to look at her but she is #1 no argument.

p.s. some of these supposed travel agents in Chiang Mai wouldn't know shyt from a shovel.

I won't name them (unless someone recommends them) but I once had an urge to take the "trans siberian" from Vladivostok to Moscow. He said would you write that down please. Vladivostok is hardly a "no where city is it"

Vladivostok is at the far eastern end of perhaps the greatest rail journey in the world. You can forget about the GAHN and the others down under.

I will still do it although I might have to learn a couple more words than 'niet' and 'da"

Edited by john b good

So far it looks like Korean Air just for the convenience of leaving from Chiang Mai but am dreading the 12-hour layover at Inchon Airport on the 1st leg. But then that is better than China Air's 20-hour layovers in both directions!

It is true with China Air if you have to leave from CM

But if you can see your way to leave from BKK it is the fastest flight to & from Hawaii. Only bummer is you really need to get to BKK the day before since the flight leaves early at 8:30 am for HI

Only 1:20 lay over in Taipei going & coming.

Also going to Hawaii man that Jet Stream sure helps :D knocked about 2 hrs off the flight.

But I know it is much nicer flying direct out of CM

Also coming back to CM you can do it all in 1 day from HI to Taipei then BKK then CM all in one like I do

but it is exhausting man :)

But I dont like staying in BKK if I dont need to.

Edited by flying

• 1 year later...

For those who had used or were considering using Kanjana or Lamai travel, from my own experience I cannot recommend her anymore. She had been good but right now she is up to many shady things and the rumour among travel agents is she owes a lot of people money for reservations she couldn't get through. Be careful.

We cannot name ppl on here as per the Thai slander laws but I will rephrase in case another post above is ever deleted..... THERE IS A LADY WITH A SWEET SMILE NEAR CHIANG MAI GATE WHO ADVERTISES IN MOST LOCAL MAGS, CONSERVATIVELY AND THIS AD ALONG WITH HER CHARM AND CUTE VOICE AND MANNER WILL CHARM AND DISARM YOU. SHE IS A CROOK!!

She just 'sold' a ticket to a fried of mine to The States for about $2,000 and when he showed up to check in on travel day.... the printed tick receipt was a fake. They said "Oh no!" when they heard who it was made by, and then said she was banned from working with them (unnamed airline - wanna keep me and friend anonymous as this is one shady lady) because of other misdealings... many of them. But of course you find that out after the fact. Friend goes to police with Thai partner, and policeman who takes down the details shakes head and utters another "Oh no!... her again." She shows up at station as well (amazingly!)avoids the subject of what really happened just said money isn't there. Friend says 'but this isn't a real ticket.' She says doesn't know what happened. But of course airline never received any money, nor did any transaction take place. What took place was pocketing the $$ and forging a ticket printout. She plays confused n innocent.... 'I don't know where the money is.' If you never do a transaction, the money can only be in one place, really. Police say can't do anything.... the reasons for that covered in another thread all about her already.

To do this to an older man.... on retirement money... straight up cruel. It takes a real big one to do this. In Thai it's called Ham Yai. There might be a little rhyme scheme to remind yo9u of the name of the company in there. Keep clear ! he'd been a customer for years. As was I before she burned me a few years back. A crocodile will do as a crocodile/snake/scorpion is. Be forewarned and PASS IT ON TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS TOO!

~

My bad.. I began this thread and should have come back with my experience.

RealThaiDeal is correct - the friendly lady at Lamai near Chiangmai Gate is pulling the same "take your money to try to cover all the other people's money I have squandered".

Lamai worked well for us the first time while we were sitting in the office and paying by credit card but the next time we made reservations, via email, I had to go to the office in my BIKER attire, JUST before the day our flight was about to leave, to get her to finally PAY for our tickets! We did get seats but not together and our connections were a nightmare and nothing like what we had been promised!

I am with true blue in that I now book directly with the airlines since I have lost trust in independent agents and found that there is NO recourse here in Thailand for expats.

If you are booking through ANY agent, demand TICKET NUMBERS right away and confirm with the airlines directly. A reservation confirmation number means NOTHING without ticket numbers!

To trust is wonderful but CONFIRM! Showing up at the airport only to find that you have no paid reservations at all and that you have lost all that money is nothing less than YOUR FAULT!

~

ive recently booked a flight on line with eithad,cheaper than travel agent,(checked for curoisty)went to airport,cnx, booked thai airways direct to bkk,(cheaper than travel agent,checked)thai have special offer to bkk,only 1900bht.have e tickets ticket numbers,whole 9 yards easy.

since my experience with mau tours,i dont trust any of them(tour agents)i book direct now with airline,confirmed straight away no c/c charges,easy.

I have to agree totally with true blue. I have never had a bad experience with any travel agent, but in this day and age why would anyone use a travel agent. If you have a computer and I assume you do as you are asking for email addresses, it's the easiest thing to search and book flights on the internet.

Some years ago I used to use a travel agent for all my travelling needs but realised I could save myself money and actually enjoy the process. Perhaps travelling from Australia to various countries is easier than others, I cannot comment on other countries.

Howard

• 2 months later...

An update on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Travel. She has abscounded with many peoples money, is being investigated by Police and is currently on the lam. This is not rumor, I personally have lost $4,000 USD which I am trying to get back via MasterCard fraud services. Thai airways now tells me she is not really a travel agent but buys tickets through real travel agents and misrepresents herself.

Hopefully she has not just changed named and started defrauding people elsewhere.

Be Careful !

Thanks for the xxxxx Travel recomendation ... I was happy with P&P travel until trip I have planned. I prefer booking even LCC tix thru an agent for a few 100 Bhat ... but this time was told the online fare was >1000 Baht than the fare I'd just checked! I don't mind paying for service and everyone needs to eat but I dont take kindly to being lied to.

So today popped down to xxxx Travel which was closed - so I phoned K. Kanjonas mobile (0869124274) and she came down in 15mins to open up ... sorted the ticket at the online price, I added a bit more for the effort and this is the kind of extra service that hopefully will prevail long term.

Hopefully P&P will improve - I know times are tough but upsetting long term customers is not a smart business move.

Even with "real" ticket numbers please confirm they are real through amadeus. Lamai/Kanjana invented my ticket number and made it look real in email. Out $4,000.00.

since my experience with mau tours,i dont trust any of them(tour agents)i book direct now with airline,confirmed straight away no c/c charges,easy.

I personal don't know how it works.

But I know for a fact out of experience that the last time I went to Bali it was cheaper going through K and K than it would have been on line.

I use him for all my travel now. It may or may not cost more but with him it is just a e-mail away to change plans. I have friends who use him and have never heard one word of complaint about him.

He is located on Thapa Road kitty corner from AIS and up the street about 50 feet.

I was taken in by the same agent for about $4,000 myself.

Please contact me to see what we can do together.

An update on xxxxxxxxx Travel. She has abscounded with many peoples money, is being investigated by Police and is currently on the lam. This is not rumor, I personally have lost $4,000 USD which I am trying to get back via MasterCard fraud services. Thai airways now tells me she is not really a travel agent but buys tickets through real travel agents and misrepresents herself.

Hopefully she has not just changed named and started defrauding people elsewhere.

Be Careful !

Thanks for the xxxxxxx recomendation ... I was happy with P&P travel until trip I have planned. I prefer booking even LCC tix thru an agent for a few 100 Bhat ... but this time was told the online fare was >1000 Baht than the fare I'd just checked! I don't mind paying for service and everyone needs to eat but I dont take kindly to being lied to.

So today popped down to xxxxx Travel which was closed - so I phoned K. Kanjonas mobile (0869124274) and she came down in 15mins to open up ... sorted the ticket at the online price, I added a bit more for the effort and this is the kind of extra service that hopefully will prevail long term.

Hopefully P&P will improve - I know times are tough but upsetting long term customers is not a smart business move.

I have been using Travel Shoppe for close to 20 years and bought over 1.3 million baht worth of tickets there in 2010. I don't really know if they are the cheapest as I do not bother to shop around any more but have always found them reliable with excellent after sales service.

I always use Khun Jan at World Express on Chang Klan road, I have used her for 6 years and never had a problem. I must have booked well over 30 tickets with her now to Both Europe and around South East Asia. She takes time to check prices and gets back to me a few days later with the cheapest options. Very good service.

Edited by thaimiller