Cheap Charlie Is Sick.

ginnyten

Does anyone have news about Cheap Charlie of Charlie's Fish and Chips? , My understanding is that he became ill two or three weeks (internal bleeding), and there has been no word on him since. We stoppd by Sunday night, but the place was closed. A friend ate there Tues. however, and his staff indicated that he is very sick (bad stomach) but further communicaion was not possible. I do like the old geezer, so if anybody can fill me in on his health, I would appreciate it.

I was also there Tuesday and spoke to a couple of Gentleman there a English Guy and a Canadian Guy. i asked the English Guy if he was Charlie but was informed Charlie has been out of action for at least 10 days with a Chest related problem , the subject about the CM pollution not helping any one with chest problems was briefly mentioned, but no more information was gained.

I am not a friend of Charlie but it seems he is part of any Fish and Chip post that one reads about here and is also very well known in CM

I wish him a speedy recovery

Does anyone have news about Cheap Charlie of Charlie's Fish and Chips? , My understanding is that he became ill two or three weeks (internal bleeding), and there has been no word on him since. We stoppd by Sunday night, but the place was closed. A friend ate there Tues. however, and his staff indicated that he is very sick (bad stomach) but further communicaion was not possible. I do like the old geezer, so if anybody can fill me in on his health, I would appreciate it.

And it's "Cheerful Charlie" by the way :)

And it's "Cheerful Charlie" by the way :)

I apologize for getting the name wrong. A Freudian slip I guess. However I am glad to learn that his condition is apparently not too serious. Hope to see you soon budy, 'cheerfel' as usual.

Charlie (cheerful or not) is a hard working guy, and an asset to our community.

Last time I saw him was in Sept 08 at Immigration, we were there the same day to do an annual renewal.

Chatted about a 1/2 hour with him then; he's actually a nice fellow, just a bit shy with strangers.

Sorry to hear about his health issues, and I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Here is the latest (30th April) on Charlie’s health condition:

3 weeks ago Charlie was losing blood caused by internal bleeding.

After an internal examination he was immediately admitted into hospital where the Doctors diagnosed that he had lost 25% of his blood. This was caused by taking Aspirin which the acid had burned the stomach wall.

Charlie spent 5 days in hospital that included blood transfusions.

The doctors managed to stop the bleeding and Charlie was released from Hospital.

2 days ago Charlie phoned me saying he has Pneumonia and is back in hospital.

I can tell you that Charlie had several examinations in the hospital, his heart and lungs are strong and hopefully he will make a complete recovery.

I will phone Charlie tomorrow and keep everyone informed of his progress.

post-11344-1241107217_thumb.jpg

Edited by sassienie

I phoned Charlie a few hours ago and told me that, he is well on the road to recovery, only he is still on medication and has to take things easy for a while.

Charlie is hoping to be back at the restaurant in the next couple of days.

Having just moved to delightful Chiang Mai I would love to know where this 'chippie' is and if it is still open.

All good wishes for a speedy recovery to Charlie.

Many thanks.

Click on the link for directions/map

Thank you very much thecatman, most helpful.

X

I visited Cheerful Charlie yesterday who is back at his restaurant - Cheerful Charlie’s Fish And Chips.

He asked me to convey his thanks and appreciation to all the well wishes and to those who supported him through his last few weeks of ill health.

Charlie said, he hopes to see you all again soon for a chat and a fish and chips slap up meal. He also has a nice supply of wine to wash it down with.

I phoned Charlie a few hours ago and told me that, he is well on the road to recovery, only he is still on medication and has to take things easy for a while.

Charlie is hoping to be back at the restaurant in the next couple of days.

thats good to here,,,,,i hope cc sticks around a long times,,,, his fish and chips are tigerific,,,,

Superb fish and chips. Wish he would deliver though...

He does deliver through Meals on Wheels for U :)

That's new? Last time we spoke (November-ish) he wasn't too sure about whether to do the Meals on Wheels thing.

Gutted to hear he's been so unwell, but good that he's on the road to recovery. I've been in France for a few months - did he ever open his second shop under franchise?

Superb fish and chips. Wish he would deliver though...

He does deliver through Meals on Wheels for U :)

That's new? Last time we spoke (November-ish) he wasn't too sure about whether to do the Meals on Wheels thing.

Gutted to hear he's been so unwell, but good that he's on the road to recovery. I've been in France for a few months - did he ever open his second shop under franchise?

Well, they delivered to me yesterday anyway. I did not think I was special :D

Well, they delivered to me yesterday anyway. I did not think I was special :)

I think MoW does (or did until the end of last year) a monthly charge thing to businesses, it's always going to be a question of whether the turnover justifies it ... but as I said, I haven't been in CM for a few months. Back in June.

The only deliveries I had from him over a couple of years were when I sent a tuktuk with the cash to go fetch the meal :D

Well, they delivered to me yesterday anyway. I did not think I was special :)

I think MoW does (or did until the end of last year) a monthly charge thing to businesses, it's always going to be a question of whether the turnover justifies it ... but as I said, I haven't been in CM for a few months. Back in June.

The only deliveries I had from him over a couple of years were when I sent a tuktuk with the cash to go fetch the meal :D

Thanks everyone for all the updates etc. on Charlie. I brought friends to eat there tonight and was delighted to see Charlie again, almost back to his oldself. He wwas posting aign 'closed tomorrow' cause his girl needs a day off and I guess he realizes that he has to slow down also.

PS The food was delicious as usual!