Maintenance Chevy Colorado 4wd

basjke

Not so long ago I bought a 2nd hand colorado AT 4wd.As I want to be sure that everything is in order I went today to the chevy dealer on sukhumvit to make an appointment for a 50.000 km service.I was a bit surprised anyway when they told me that the standard price for a 50K service is 12.000 baht and change without any eventually broken parts replaced.

Might be that the lady who was explaining to me didn't know what she was talking about as she explained that it for instance needed 8 litre engine oil where the manual says 4.7 liter.When asking where the other 3 litre went she couldn't give me an answer but confirmed that it was one and the same oil.

She also told me that only the labour would account for 4000 baht plus which I thought would salary a thai for about 1 month.

Anyhow since the car is out of warranty I don't have the need to go to a dealer garage and especially not at these what I call european prices.Otherwise I understand that you just can't go to any garage as they will need special oil for the gearbox and 4 WD transmission which I think not every garage will stock

.Are there any recommendations for a garage that can provide this maintenance and maybe someone with colorado 4wd can confirm if the price for a 50K service are accurate or might be a mistake from the lady in question.

Gear box and transmission oil are standard items but you are right the workshop around the corner might not necessarily stock those if their customers don't request for.

According to my knowledge the labor rate per hour in authorized workshops is around 850 Baht (European brand).

Don't forget about the oil filter which takes about 1 liter oil on diesel engines. Not sure if the fan belt has not to be replaced with the 50K service.

I would say a 50K service without any extra parts than filters should cost around 7000-8000 Baht.

Hope that helps.

Not so long ago I bought a 2nd hand colorado AT 4wd.As I want to be sure that everything is in order I went today to the chevy dealer on sukhumvit to make an appointment for a 50.000 km service.I was a bit surprised anyway when they told me that the standard price for a 50K service is 12.000 baht and change without any eventually broken parts replaced.

Might be that the lady who was explaining to me didn't know what she was talking about as she explained that it for instance needed 8 litre engine oil where the manual says 4.7 liter.When asking where the other 3 litre went she couldn't give me an answer but confirmed that it was one and the same oil.

She also told me that only the labour would account for 4000 baht plus which I thought would salary a thai for about 1 month.

Anyhow since the car is out of warranty I don't have the need to go to a dealer garage and especially not at these what I call european prices.Otherwise I understand that you just can't go to any garage as they will need special oil for the gearbox and 4 WD transmission which I think not every garage will stock

.Are there any recommendations for a garage that can provide this maintenance and maybe someone with colorado 4wd can confirm if the price for a 50K service are accurate or might be a mistake from the lady in question.

I think she is mistaken.

I have the same truck as you 2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4 door 4wd Auto. I bought it with 60k kms and no service history as it was a finance repossesion. I took it to the Chev main dealer on the Sukhumvitt explained that I had no idea what service if any had been done to the truck so instructed them to do everything and change all oils. It was also suffering from a spongy brake pedal. Total bill was 7200b including valet, and when I dropped it off they even took me home!

Personally thought the service was excellent and would reccomend them.

You can be sure of genuine Chevrolet parts being fitted, correct lubricants being used, and of course a main dealer service history is a great selling tool if you ever want to sell the truck on at a later date.

Sorry but made a mistake in my OP but can't edit anymore.It is the 40K service that they gave me the price for.The 50K should be only regular service.

Anyhow I still consider 12.000 baht for servicing a car in thailand.

I think she is mistaken.

I have the same truck as you 2005 Chevrolet Colorado 4 door 4wd Auto. I bought it with 60k kms and no service history as it was a finance repossesion. I took it to the Chev main dealer on the Sukhumvitt explained that I had no idea what service if any had been done to the truck so instructed them to do everything and change all oils. It was also suffering from a spongy brake pedal. Total bill was 7200b including valet, and when I dropped it off they even took me home!

Personally thought the service was excellent and would reccomend them.

You can be sure of genuine Chevrolet parts being fitted, correct lubricants being used, and of course a main dealer service history is a great selling tool if you ever want to sell the truck on at a later date.

I am also very satisfied with the service I had from them previously.That's also the reason why I asked them to do a full service which turns out to be the 40K service interval.I had expected something like 6 to 7000 baht,but 12000 baht I found a bit over the top.

Thank you for your contribution to this topic guys.It is clear from your comments that the charge is way too high,still I am looking for some recommendations as to where else I can go where they have the required oils and preferable understand a little english.

Thank you for your contribution to this topic guys.It is clear from your comments that the charge is way too high,still I am looking for some recommendations as to where else I can go where they have the required oils and preferable understand a little english.

You could do this another way by checking the owners handbook and buying the oils yourself then arranging for a garage to just do the work only for a labour fee and you supplying the parts, that way you know that the parts and oils are genuine.