Everclear, Ethyl Alcohol Or Sd Alcohol 40 Needed

Corey

I need some ethyl alcohol for cleaning an electric razor. The manufacturer uses SD Alcohol 40 (which is just ethyl alcohol denatured with denatonium benzoate, the bitterest tasting known substance, to make it undrinkable). Pure ethyl alcohol or Everclear (190-proof grain alcohol) will also work for me. Obviously since it will be in contact with my skin I don't want to use anything too toxic and I don't want to use anything that could damage the razor.

Anyone know where I can pick up one of the three in or near Pattaya?

Any pharmacy has Ethyl Alcohol 70% is coloured blue , can dilute with water, 48 Bht large bottle

That is isopropyl alcohol (also called rubbing alcohol). I'm not sure why I can't use it, but I'm reliably informed that it won't work for me.

What about trichlorethylene?

Other than the carcinogenic risk and other potential health hazards it might work. Unfortunately it is also unstable in the presence of metal over prolonged exposure. This is for an immersion type cleaner so I'm not sure if that counts as prolonged exposure or not. Is it readily available here?

Lhao Khaow - same same !! :)

Everclear is grain alcohol, not rice ... but if lhao khaow is available in 190 proof it would probably work! :D