Does anybody know of any companies recruiting for Rig Mechanics.

I have 5 years in the industry as a mechanic on land based drill rigs.

Just returned home after my latest stint to find the company having money troubles and been made redundant.

Anybody got any companies in mind. Many Thanks

Just returned home after my latest stint to find the company having money troubles and been made redundant.

I think you will find that most manual labor on offshore vessels in Asia is done by Asians at what would be considered very low wages for a westerner. There are jobs for supervisors, but hard to get jobs without knowing someone.

Nevertheless a simple google search turned up the following list, several of which I believe operate in Asia.

Subsea drilling companies.

At any give time there are a half dozen or more rigs operating in the gulf of Thailand.

TH

I think you will find that most manual labor on offshore vessels in Asia is done by Asians at what would be considered very low wages for a westerner. There are jobs for supervisors, but hard to get jobs without knowing someone.

Nevertheless a simple google search turned up the following list, several of which I believe operate in Asia.

Subsea drilling companies.

At any give time there are a half dozen or more rigs operating in the gulf of Thailand.

TH

Agree with TH on this, there are thin pickings in Asia, at moment 6 rigs operating for Chevron in the GOT.

The other thing you have to consider in the GOT is that the DMF is cracking down on the number of work permits being issued to expats under the oil act, below a certain job level an expat WP will not be approved. Believe a rig mechs falls into this catagory.

Earlier on the year the DMF started refusing WP renewals, a basically gave the guys concerned two weeks notice to nationalise the positions..

Also in addtion to drilling companies, have a look at the O&G service companies operating in the GOT, you might pick something up there, the WP will be through the company so issues with the DMF