New 90 Day Reporting Rule In Pattaya

dave2

taken from yesterdays ( 9 June 09 ) pattaya today newspaper

is this just a pattaya rule change or do you think this will be required everywhere in future ?

Pattaya immigration 90 day rule change

</B>PATTAYA immigration, Jomtien soi 5, has announced with immediate effect that long stay foreigners needing to report their address every 90 days must now bring written proof of their address. In the past, they have simply filled in a form confirming their present address and this was acceptable to the immigration officer.

</B> </B>

In the rule change, foreigners must now bring a paper or document which illustrates that they are living at a specific address. Evidence could include a Thai driving licence, a utility or similar bill (if it names the foreigner), a rental agreement, proof of ownership of a condo, vehicle ownership document etc.

Only one such paper or document is required to show the immigration officer. The new rule has been brought in because, in some cases, foreigners at the 90 days check-in have apparently been giving an address at which they were no longer resident. "It is important that foreigners give us their up-to-date address where they are actually living," said one officer. The main people affected are one year visa holders and those possessing a work permit, but the ruling applies to anyone who is still in Thailand 90 days after their previous registration. The fine for failing to register on time is up to 2,000 baht.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dave2 ..... chiang mai

dave2 ..... chiang mai

Wow they are really quick off the mark in their reporting aren't they? :)

is this just a pattaya rule change or do you think this will be required everywhere in future ?

Pattaya immigration 90 day rule change

</B>PATTAYA immigration, Jomtien soi 5, has announced with immediate effect that long stay foreigners needing to report their address every 90 days must now bring written proof of their address. In the past, they have simply filled in a form confirming their present address and this was acceptable to the immigration officer.

</B> </B>

In the rule change, foreigners must now bring a paper or document which illustrates that they are living at a specific address. Evidence could include a Thai driving licence, a utility or similar bill (if it names the foreigner), a rental agreement, proof of ownership of a condo, vehicle ownership document etc.

Only one such paper or document is required to show the immigration officer. The new rule has been brought in because, in some cases, foreigners at the 90 days check-in have apparently been giving an address at which they were no longer resident. "It is important that foreigners give us their up-to-date address where they are actually living," said one officer. The main people affected are one year visa holders and those possessing a work permit, but the ruling applies to anyone who is still in Thailand 90 days after their previous registration. The fine for failing to register on time is up to 2,000 baht.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dave2 ..... chiang mai

They've been doing this for some time. I needed to submit such a document for my last two 90-day reports. They accepted a TrueVisions bill, and a CAT telecom bill. All of my other utility bills are in my (Thai) wife's name, as the property owner.

Yep, been using the driving liscence for about a year now. Strange reporting??

so where on your drivers licences is your address, as mine doesn't have my address on it?

very strange

The plastic ones have the address on the back. Although the early ones did not.

There are 2 or 3 different active DL design, depending on which you have your address may or may not be on it. Besides, you may have changed address since you got the DL.

I always just bring and offer an old utility bill without being asked, maybe they don't require it anymore. Things change all the time here. TiT. :)

I did the 90 day report in Pattaya about a month ago and they didn't ask for any address verification.

Hmmmm. My last 90 day report was Dec 19, 08; Immigration attached a note stating that I must show proof or residence onn my next report. I crossed into Burma on March 4, 09, so that reset the "clock" and my next 90 report was on June 9, 09. When I presented myself for the report, I handed him my passport, the 90 Report Form and a photo-copy of my latest rent receipt. Maybe if I had not volunteered the address info he would have not asked for it, I don't know.

Its not really a big deal either way :)

I did a 90 day report a few weeks back, and I showed them my condo lease agreement. That was all they wanted for the previous report, anyway. This time, however, the lady I was dealing with in the small room off to the left of the main Immigration hall wanted to keep the lease. I told her that this was the original, so I would have to go outside and get a copy made. She tutted at me, said that was not necessary, but next time I must bring a copy for them to keep.

So just to be sure, I suggest not only taking proof of your address, but a copy for them to keep, too.