Restaurant On Top Of Hillside Condo 5

NancyL

Last night enjoyed a pleasant evening at the restaurant atop Hillside Condo 5. Don't recall it being mentioned here, but I don't read every food posting -- please forgive me if it's been mentioned before.

Wide ranging menu of western, Thai and Japanese food with prices starting at about 150 baht with many options in the 200 - 300 baht range. Plus they had a beer "buffet" for 119 baht per person. This really consisted of the pretty Heinenkein girl keeping your glass full; basically all-you-can drink beer until 9 pm.

There was a nice little band that played European/American music, low enough where you could still talk. Maybe they get cranked up more after 9 pm since I saw a dance floor.

The view was fantastic -- Doi Suthep is so pretty during rainy season. Be advised that all the seating is outdoors. There is an indoor restaurant but it has a different, much more expensive menu. It was windy and did look like rain last evening so the staff was preparing to move people to the small, covered area near their outdoor bar, but fortunately, the rain held off.

Definitely worth a try!

Gosh, I'm an failure as a reporter! I didn't ask key questions, like "do you have to buy food?", "is this beer buffet available every night?" and "could you put some ice in my beer so I don't drink so much?"

So, I little web search revealed a nice write-up in the June 2009 issue of City Life. Their article would indicate that the beer buffet is available every evening from 6 - 9 pm. No mention of whether you have to buy food. They had many appetizers for about 100 baht and you'd probably want a little something to eat if you planned to see how much beer you could consume from 6 - 9 pm. Why not try it and report to us?

Gosh, I'm an failure as a reporter! I didn't ask key questions, like "do you have to buy food?", "is this beer buffet available every night?" and "could you put some ice in my beer so I don't drink so much?"

So, I little web search revealed a nice write-up in the June 2009 issue of City Life. Their article would indicate that the beer buffet is available every evening from 6 - 9 pm. No mention of whether you have to buy food. They had many appetizers for about 100 baht and you'd probably want a little something to eat if you planned to see how much beer you could consume from 6 - 9 pm. Why not try it and report to us?

Good find Nancy L, thanks for the tip. See you there, look for the guy who could be Brad Pitts father. :)

Thanks for the tip, and follow up. You are not a failure as a reporter. It was concise and informative.