Putting Off My Visit To Thailand

PaulUSA302

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand the earlier part of your thread at all but december is a good time to come over for sure....

Have a safe trip! :)

Sorry. I am at work and multitasking. My earlier post was only to say I was moving my trip back to high season to avoid the problems that may arise during low season. Thats all.

Guess I just felt like talking haha :D

Don't understand the earlier part of your thread at all but december is a good time to come over for sure....

Have a safe trip! :D

Sorry. I am at work and multitasking. My earlier post was only to say I was moving my trip back to high season to avoid the problems that may arise during low season. Thats all.

Excuse me, is your boss a TV member? I'd kinda like to send him/her a message. :)

Excuse me, is your boss a TV member? I'd kinda like to send him/her a message. :)

You can't.. He left 2 hours early :D (We work good together) :D

Is someone drip feeding him sodium pentathal?

Just keeping on topic. I know how folks either fight our talk around a poster to try have their type of fun. I figure I will just keep the post interesting and informative to those who simply lurk :)

One thing I think is funny... Folks who are happy to overpay.. Why? :D

Staying on topic....Having read the response are you coming to Thailand or not? :D

I am coming. :D I am moving my visit from October to December. BUT the fun begins when I tell my boss I want to spend Christmas & New Years in Thailand so he can't have the holiday off! LOL :D

Maybe he'll give you a permanent holiday seeing your wasting his time and money all day on this forum!

I think your an easy target for other posters on this forum with your reply's and comments,so that got me thinking that maybe in the flesh

your an easy target for the things you are worried about in thailand!

Think it's time to give it a rest :D

Enjoy you holiday :D

:D:D:D:D

Thailand has had it, i have really good friends who have lived there constantly for the last 15 years, they do not know even have Thai girlfriends or wifes, they have "imported" Philippine girls,the whole culture has changed, even i can see a change since 2001, Cambodia is the next place, OK its spit and sawdust at the moment, but so was Thailand in the 80"s.To much crime , being ripped off all the time, bull shit about buying property, problems with visa, even the wife who is Thai says they do not want us (falangs) living here all the time, they just want holiday makers for two weeks. Cambodia is the next place for me.

Maybe he'll give you a permanent holiday seeing your wasting his time and money all day on this forum!

I think your an easy target for other posters on this forum with your reply's and comments,so that got me thinking that maybe in the flesh

your an easy target for the things you are worried about in thailand!

Think it's time to give it a rest :)

Enjoy you holiday :D

My boss has no problem with me posting. Like he says.. "Nobody is killing themself around here... As long as we get our work done and everyone is happy than as far as I am concerned I don't care what you do in your office." Besides.. When I am working I am spending the companies money. When I am taking a break, I am not spending LOL :D

I love this place... Got a good Boss and a GREAT company to work for! I love my job! hel_l! I can't wait to come back to work on Monday! :D

Thailand has had it, i have really good friends who have lived there constantly for the last 15 years, they do not know even have Thai girlfriends or wifes, they have "imported" Philippine girls,the whole culture has changed, even i can see a change since 2001, Cambodia is the next place, OK its spit and sawdust at the moment, but so was Thailand in the 80"s.To much crime , being ripped off all the time, bull shit about buying property, problems with visa, even the wife who is Thai says they do not want us (falangs) living here all the time, they just want holiday makers for two weeks. Cambodia is the next place for me.

I found a trick to Thailand. I don't buy much stuff there anymore. I just go and drink it in, buy the food on the street and in some shops. Rent a decent room and look at the stuff being sold at the stalls.

I stopped buying the fake watches and trinkets. Now I just come for a nice and quiet rest.

I hate that if you complain about being ripped off people attack you and tell you to accept it or get out... I don't put up with it here and I avoid it as best I can when I am in Thailand.

Hope you're not an air araffic controller?

I think he has missed his calling. He should be running to be the next democratic U.S. Senator from Minnesota. Minnesota loves looneys. Watch out Al Franken! :)

Edited by Lopburi99

I found a trick to Thailand. I don't buy much stuff there anymore. I just go and drink it in, buy the food on the street and in some shops. Rent a decent room and look at the stuff being sold at the stalls.

I stopped buying the fake watches and trinkets. Now I just come for a nice and quiet rest.

I hate that if you complain about being ripped off people attack you and tell you to accept it or get out... I don't put up with it here and I avoid it as best I can when I am in Thailand.

Come whenever you like,or don't like,but please leave us alone.

After reading so much about scams from vendors, scams from police, scams from Shops, the upswing in visitors being robbed, mugged and killed. I have decided to put off my visit to Thailand to a point in time when there are more people there.

On my last visit, I had to ask a lady to stop trying to pick my pocket. That is when times were good and there were many tourist there for the folks to choose from. Now with the tourist numbers down, I think it is more likely that I would be set-upon by those who are looking to steal, mug, rob or kill.

So it looks like I will have to wiat for that Green Curry Chicken with rice.

ah sez... "fox and the sour grapes" :)

I have lived in Thailand for 5 years and never had any major rip-offs, except for various money-sucking women. Don't run out and marry one of the lovelys the first month or two you are here. I don't reccomend marrying ANY of them. Being mindfull that 90% of these women are only after your money, Thailand is a fine place to live.

I have been stabbed seventeen times and had all my money stolen by a Thai con woman who also hacked off my penis in a jealous rage. Had my hands tied behind my back and pushed off a balcony by the same woman and her Thai boyfriend but landed on a very fat local tourist who broke my fall, he died so there is some merit in having more tourist around, also got dengue fever and I suspect aids as well. But will give Thailand one more chance and see if my luck improves.

Dont let the above put you off , cheers

Never experienced any problems in Thailand , and I have been here 15 times .

Now I stay in Bangkok and everything looks like normal to me.

The shopping malls are empty but theres a lot of sales going on so just love that.

The prices same same , back home everything is very expensive.

Love Thailand :)

While in the US the OP should move to LA first and reside in one of these assorted areas to get some impression how Thailand (specially Bangkok) is alike

East L.A., Santa Monica, Venice, Van Nuys, Culver City, Mar Vista, Watts, Inglewood, Compton, Long Beach, Hollywood...

A night walk and the right color of the shirt is highly recommended for some areas. Wear red or blue. These are gang colors...

You may review your opinion and book an immediate flight to Thailand !

/added small addition

Edited by webfact

After reading so much about scams from vendors, scams from police, scams from Shops, the upswing in visitors being robbed, mugged and killed. I have decided to put off my visit to Thailand to a point in time when there are more people there.

On my last visit, I had to ask a lady to stop trying to pick my pocket. That is when times were good and there were many tourist there for the folks to choose from. Now with the tourist numbers down, I think it is more likely that I would be set-upon by those who are looking to steal, mug, rob or kill.

:)

That seems really silly to me.

With a little common sense and judgement you will be better off in Thailand than in most cities in the U.S.

No "drive by" shootings in Bangkok...but there are in L.A.

I personally would feel safer walking down Sukhumvit road than walking through Central park in New York. Even at 3 a.m. in the morning (although I probably wouldn't be walking at that time either place.)

:D

Yes, the USA has long been known for its 'no-go' areas - just check out their prison films :D As for the no "drive-by" shootings, you may have to re-think that one as Thailand is infamous for the two up on a motorbike hit and is becoming famous for the two up on a motorbike hit with a rock through the windscreen of oncoming traffic.

Still, I don't get the old 'You looking at my bird!' line when out and about - even though I probably am in Thailand :D A couple of rules in life are 'there's always a victim' and 'don't be it' so if by staying at home you avoid this then its your choice of course and I respect that. You can still have a safe holdiay in Thailand and many do but you are right and even the Thais I talk to agree - you will read of many more nasty episodes occuring as the economic downturn deepens its bite on the Thais. It is a time to be more aware of your surroundings, I'm afraid :D

You can probably get the green chicken curry in the US too. But really, you are worrying too much - Thailand is a safe place so long as you take basic precautions.

Lots of crime in America too, you know.

Well I was recently pickpocketed on a Pattaya baht bus (and I wasn't drunk) but I still think Thailand is much safer than most American cities. Closer to home, try Santo Domingo, that will keep you on your toes. Just don't carry anything you can't afford to lose when you are out and about, and it shouldn't be too bad even if you are robbed. I think the OP is just looking for attention. We don't really care if he comes to Thailand, or not.

TROLL

" THE STRANGEST FARANG EVER "

I would rather hang out with the white powdered faced lady in Pattaya than this guy.

DUDE, <deleted> are you on.

So looking forward to my next trip to Delaware to meet someone like you.

I have lived in Thailand for 5 years and never had any major rip-offs, except for various money-sucking women. Don't run out and marry one of the lovelys the first month or two you are here. I don't reccomend marrying ANY of them. Being mindfull that 90% of these women are only after your money, Thailand is a fine place to live.

If that's true then how come 90% of faring on TV have married 90% of genuine Thai Ladies that don't want their money and don't mind a 43 year age gap? :)