Can The Hilux Vigo Safely Do A Corner Curve At 150km/h On The Road ?

Vans

All right guys,

I just recieved my vigo truck raised platform version. Here the report. It is impossible to do a 150Km on a curve with this truck. Even with speed like 120Km on a curve. It is still quite dangerous.

I just done 80Km/hr on curve this morning and could beginning to feel 'that" rollover pressure.

So the answer is No. For 150km/h speed on a curve.

And to those who said im trolling.. _I_ you.. I gain nothing by trolling and have better things to concentrate on.

Thanks

Best regards

All right guys,

I just recieved my vigo truck raised platform version. Here the report. It is impossible to do a 150Km on a curve with this truck. Even with speed like 120Km on a curve. It is still quite dangerous.

I just done 80Km/hr on curve this morning and could beginning to feel 'that" rollover pressure.

And to those who said im trolling.. _I_ you.. I gain nothing by trolling and have better things to concentrate on.

Thanks

Best regards

Disconnect ESP/VSC, step harder on it, start drifting and you loose that "rollover pressure". Great fun :):D:D

All right guys,

Thanks

Best regards

Disconnect ESP/VSC, step harder on it, start drifting and you loose that "rollover pressure". Great fun :):D:D

:D okay

All right guys,

Thanks

Best regards

Vans perhaps you need to be a bit more specific with your question if you don't want to be perceived as a troll.

Questions such as, "Can I ride a skateboard at 3000km/h of a cliff and not get injured" come across as really pathetic.

Has it ever dawned on you that bends come in all different sizes and shapes, for example some bends may change 140 degrees in say 50 metres where other bends change only 5 degrees over a kilometre. What sort of bend were you trying to drive around?

As for your choice of vehicle to do it in, again, come on? You only need to take one look at your new car to see it wasnt designed to go around corners AT HIGH SPEED.

Surely, your not as stupid as this thread has been? The mere fact that you actually tested this theory out on a public road leaves me pondering my last question :)

Edited by neverdie

All right guys,

Thanks

Best regards

Vans perhaps you need to be a bit more specific with your question if you don't want to be perceived as a troll.

Questions such as, "Can I ride a skateboard at 3000km/h of a cliff and not get injured" come across as really pathetic.

Has it ever dawned on you that bends come in all different sizes and shapes, for example some bends may change 140 degrees in say 50 metres where other bends change only 5 degrees over a kilometre. What sort of bend were you trying to drive around?

As for your choice of vehicle to do it in, again, come on? You only need to take one look at your new car to see it wasnt designed to go around corners AT HIGH SPEED.

Surely, your not as stupid as this thread has been? The mere fact that you actually tested this theory out on a public road leaves me pondering my last question :)

Neverdie, Prerunner 3,0 manual is one of the best drifters available in LOS at 700k. Just remove the sparewheel and hatch to reduce rear weight, and increase rearwheels pressure to 45. Need a wiiide road though since its so looong :D:D

that bend in the photo! I would not even try to drive at 150KPH in my 2008 Accord. that is a steep curve and a pick up would not make it at 110KPH a reckon.

this OP needs his nut testing and I just hope he does not drive anywhere around my area.

I don't know if the op is trolling or not,but i can tell him one thing...If you roll that sucker at any speed,you run a fantastic risk of breaking your neck/back,assuming you survive at all,and then you can plain out forget about getting a body like "Wolverines",because after a few years in that wheel chair,your body will look like dried up prunes.And that's not an attack on disabled people,if you knew me,you would know why i say this to you. :) Don't do it mate,it's not worth it. :D

Have heard it is not safe to do that. As the vigo 'raised' platform is prone to turn over at high speed. Is this true?

If so what is the maximun safe speed limit to do a corner on a hilux prerunner raised version 2009 made?

I have seen old truck speed past me at 150km and they are doing alright. :)

Please share your experiences.

I think it's okay if you've got all your friends and a lot of alcohol sittin' in the back of the truck..you might lose some, but that should answer your stupid question. You're A Prerunner too.......

All right guys,

Thanks

Best regards

Neverdie, Prerunner 3,0 manual is one of the best drifters available in LOS at 700k. Just remove the sparewheel and hatch to reduce rear weight, and increase rearwheels pressure to 45. Need a wiiide road though since its so looong :D:D

I forgot, need some ice on top of the intercooler too. Improves power for like 20 minutes. Go drifting, dont flip :D:D:D

I find myself agreeing with everything neverdie said.

Villagefarang,

A few fellow posters have found themselves in the same position as you. THIS IS SERIOUS.

You need to take yourself to the nearest hospital ASAP. Just tell them you feel as if you need to agree with neverdie.....they will immediately apply the straight jacket & give you a couple of injections, after some psycho therapy, you should be fine :D:)

Having read through this thread it has just dawned on me why the locals pack out the back of the pickup with as many people as possible, I stupidly thought it was for transporting these people from A to B when it is now obvious that the driver is using them to improve the stability and handling around corners, all that extra weight allows him to take he bends quicker. :)

Having read through this thread it has just dawned on me why the locals pack out the back of the pickup with as many people as possible, I stupidly thought it was for transporting these people from A to B when it is now obvious that the driver is using them to improve the stability and handling around corners, all that extra weight allows him to take he bends quicker. :)

You learn something new every day. :D

I would suggest that you do a scientific experiment as follows and post your results here:

1) Start out with your corner speed at 200 kph

2) Attempt to negotiate the curve

3) If you crash,

a) buy a new PreRunner

:) lower your corner speed by 10 kph

c) return to step 2

else

go to step 4

4) Report the maximum "safe corner speed for a Hilux Vigo"

Good luck, keep us posted.

I would suggest that you do a scientific experiment as follows and post your results here:

1) Start out with your corner speed at 200 kph

2) Attempt to negotiate the curve

3) If you crash,

a) buy a new PreRunner

:D lower your corner speed by 10 kph

c) return to step 2

else

go to step 4

4) Report the maximum "safe corner speed for a Hilux Vigo"

Good luck, keep us posted.

What a boring way to wreck a brand new truck!!!!!!!!!! :D

Much more fun to start drifting at 30kmh, keep on drifting and increasing the speed until you totally loose control. If you r any good the tyres burn out before you :D:D:D Go drifting, dont flip it :)