Thaksin's " Big Surprise " Still A Secret

sriracha john

Thaksin's 'big surprise' still a secret

Thaksin's Shinawatra's legal aide Noppadon Pattama claims he has no information at all about the “big surprise” which will supposedly be unveiled by the fugitive politican on his 60th birthday this Sunday. The plans to give scholarships to students and hired tutors to teach Thai students over the People's Television station were unlikely to be the big surprise, Noppadon said on Thursday.

He had asked members of Thaksin’s team overseas, Thaksin’s classmate General Sumeth Phomanee, Thaksin’s cousin General Chaisit Shinawatra, and Thaksin’s younger sister, Yaowaret Wongsawat, but they all said they had no idea what it was. Puea Thai Party MP for Samut Prakarn Pracha Prasopdee said on Tuesday that Thaksin would make a big announcement on July 26, his 60th birthday, that would be a surprise for the Democrat-led government.

The former prime minister had announced his plans for a big surprise because he was afraid that the people would forget him now that Prime Minister Abhist Vejjajiva's popularity had risen after his visit to Buriram. New Politics Party Secretary-General Suriyasai Katasila predicted Thaksin would take the opportunity on his birthday to declare that he would cease his political activity after leaders of the pro-Thaksin United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship submit their petition seeking a Royal Pardon for him.

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...rise-of-thaksin

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-07-23

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Senator's Comments on Upcoming Thaksin's 60th Birthday

A leader of the Group of 40 Senators said the upcoming ritual to mark former premier and fugitive Thaksin Shinawatra's 60th birthday is a vehicle in disguise that will lead to the collection of signatures from his supporters to petition His Majesty the King for a Royal Pardon.

Citing reports he received, Senator Prasarn Maruekkapitak, a leader of the Group of 40 Senators, said there has been an order from Dubai of the United Arab Emirates, that the birthday ritual for Thaksin Shinawatra must take place in a temple with its name having words 'Kaew' and 'Fa' that are deemed to be auspicious for Thaksin.

Initially, Kaew Jam Fa Temple in Sriphraya area of Bangkok was chosen, but the temple refused to hold the event.

The birthday ritual is now expected to take place at Uthaitayaram Temple in RCA area of Bangkok instead.

At the ritual, 20,000 masks with Thaksin's face picture on them will be given to participants.

Senator Prasarn thinks the ritual will lead to the collection of one million signatures from Thaksin supporters to petition His Majesty the King for a Royal Pardon to absolve Thaksin of his offence.

Prasarn added that one merit-making will not offset the bad karma Thaksin has accumulated.

He said this ritual is a way to use religion to achieve a political goal and the movement to acquire a Royal Pardon is a way to involve the monarchy in politics and to discredit the government.

He urged Thaksin to stop any movements that could create hostility in Thailand. He gave an analogy that if the head stops moving, the tail will too, and then peace can be restored.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-07-23

'The former prime minister had announced his plans for a big surprise because he was afraid that the people would forget him now that Prime Minister Abhist Vejjajiva's popularity had risen after his visit to Buriram.'

Just about says it all really. He must be feeling very lonely being on the outside looking in.

Cheers, Rick

He urged Thaksin to stop any movements that could create hostility in Thailand. He gave an analogy that if the head stops moving, the tail will too, and then peace can be restored.

Best statement yet.

This is what it all boils down to.

Initially, Kaew Jam Fa Temple in Sriphraya area of Bangkok was chosen, but the temple refused to hold the event.

:):D

At the ritual, 20,000 masks with Thaksin's face picture on them will be given to participants.

That's a lot of big, square heads walking around if they are like this...

7901041low.jpg

Thaksin Shinawatra (name-sake worn as a mask) and Surapong Towichakchaikul during his MP campaign trail

Edited by sriracha john

Theres absolutely no way in the world I would walk around with a mask like that, knowing my luck some crackpot trigger happy somchai would squeeze a shot away, thinking I was the real deal.

As for Lady Boy Thaksin, now that would be ugly :)

Best statement yet.

Thaksin has every right to challenge the continuing involvement of the Privy Council and the Military in Thai politics.

Theres absolutely no way in the world I would walk around with a mask like that, knowing my luck some crackpot trigger happy somchai would squeeze a shot away, thinking I was the real deal.

I'm sure there would be a few that would be takers (no pun intended). :D

I'm sure there would be a few that would be takers (no pun intended). :D

Well he's already demonstrated that hes got no balls, so a set of chest puppies and he will be right to roll, so to speak :D

im taking a guess but I think he will be unveiling some type of 'education package' of which the scholarships and tv tutoring are just 2 parts.

he got it right with the 30 baht health care scheme. that was a winner in terms of his popularity. now i think he is putting his focus on education.

if he does go down this path, there will be a lot of winners (no one can argue with better education, we all know its needed). there will still be a lot of moaners though.

6,000 scholarships is nothing compared to extended free milk and such

for ALL Thai children in ALL grades.

I remember his LAST scholarship give out.

One semi HiSO kid gets listed,

and children of his cronies get day trips to the soccor matches.

Very educational. Thaksin teaching sportsmanship right?

Almost NOTHING, except saying he is doing it, is on record.

Sam Moon at his finest 'propaganda apprarachic' best.

Where is the never to be forgotten Sam Moon these days?

Where is the Thaksin Saves Asia Foundation? Only a website still?

Guy talks big, but what POSITIVE things does he actually DO???

Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

"Thaksin has every right to challenge the continuing involvement of the Privy Council and the Military in Thai politics."

No he doesn't. The rest of us can, but a convicted and corrupt fugitive has no right to cause such trouble to this country and its revered monarchy. He signed away his rights with all the corrupt deals he made.

im taking a guess but I think he will be unveiling some type of 'education package' of which the scholarships and tv tutoring are just 2 parts.

he got it right with the 30 baht health care scheme. that was a winner in terms of his popularity. now i think he is putting his focus on education.

if he does go down this path, there will be a lot of winners (no one can argue with better education, we all know its needed). there will still be a lot of moaners though.

He should really focus on improving conditions inside thai jails, afterall, eventually he will find one of them his home. :)

Best statement yet.

Thaksin has every right to challenge the continuing involvement of the Privy Council and the Military in Thai politics.

"Thaksin has every right to challenge the continuing involvement of the Privy Council and the Military in Thai politics."

No he doesn't. The rest of us can, but a convicted and corrupt fugitive has no right to cause such trouble to this country and its revered monarchy. He signed away his rights with all the corrupt deals he made.

Absolutely, the biggest gift Thaksin could give Thailand would be to fade into the background and stop causing so much trouble.

Let Thailand get on with it, for better of worse.

He should really focus on improving conditions inside thai jails, afterall, eventually he will find one of them his home. :)

Spot on as usual ND.

One of the ones I worked in back home had great facilities - floodlit astro turf soccer pitch, state of the art gym, indoor sports hall, and if you were a really good boy, you could have a telly and a playstation in the cell. That's what he should be doing now, one playstaion one cell, or something gimmicky like that. :D

Agreed, so can you start using capitals at the beginning of your sentences? :)

As for the rest of it, it's all political spin, without any real intent to actually make things better for the majority of Thais in the long term.

6,000 scholarships is nothing compared to extended free milk and such

for ALL Thai children in ALL grades.

I remember his LAST scholarship give out.

One semi HiSO kid gets listed,

and children of his cronies get day trips to the soccor matches.

Very educational. Thaksin teaching sportsmanship right?

Almost NOTHING, except saying he is doing it, is on record.

Sam Moon at his finest 'propaganda apprarachic' best.

Where is the never to be forgotten Sam Moon these days?

Where is the Thaksin Saves Asia Foundation? Only a website still?

Apparently. Last was a single blog entry he made in February.

No Board of Directors for the Foundation appointed yet.

No sign of any movement to develop the Foundation.

Still listing Sam Moon as the solitary employee of this great movement and undertaking to:

"The Building a Better Future Foundation aims to contribute significantly to the quality of life in Asia by identifying and nurturing the next generation of Asia talent."

http://www.buildingbetterfuture.org/advisors/sam-moon

Just another Thaksin hot-air scam... but then again, he's been busy escalating hate and turmoil in his homeland for the past 6 months and that's been more pressing an issue for him to deal with, so this complete flop of nonsense he spouted about earlier is understandable.

Edited by sriracha john

Spot on as usual ND.

One of the ones I worked in back home had great facilities - floodlit astro turf soccer pitch, state of the art gym, indoor sports hall, and if you were a really good boy, you could have a telly and a playstation in the cell. That's what he should be doing now, one playstaion one cell, or something gimmicky like that. :D

Well if he ever gets locked up in one of those prisons with all the druggies from his war on drugs.....he probably won't have time for playstation, he'll be too busy 'smoking' :D:D

Agreed, so can you start using capitals at the beginning of your sentences? :)

As for the rest of it, it's all political spin, without any real intent to actually make things better for the majority of Thais in the long term.

ill start using caps if u stop with the lame wisecracks. 4 on page 1... then this post, not much in it really.

A huge part of the problem is the continued media coverage. They continue to make the guy a celebrity.

Everyday it's Thaksin this Thaksin that in the papers. How many other fugitives do we get daily reports of?

BKK Post quit reporting on the guy, news channels stop, people will forget him then, not when the current PM goes to Buriram.