Have You Seen This 'custom' Phantom In Cm

thaicbr

Well, I think it's cool :) ... not my taste, but A+ for individuality. Wouldn't life be soooo boring if everything and everyone was the same? I suspect that's exactly what many of us moved away from for this 'weird adventure' here in Thailand.

UMM HT. the one with the radiater was a 150 2stroke. as far as i'm aware there has never been a 400 phantom. but hey i might be sooooooo wrong

There was one in the parking lot of my old apartment building. Talk is cheap, so I'll stop by and try to snap a picture when I'm in the area later today. I'm sure it won't be there anymore, so you'll think I'm full of shit. I swear though!

Daniel, who managed 2 Mike's burger franchises, has a Thai Honda Phantom 1000 - a liter-bike. Registered as a 10,000 cc.

Sorry PeaceBlondie but his is a Shadow ACE 1100cc. Pretty much the same look about it. By the way it was for sale not too long ago. He usually keeps his equipment in good running order for anyone interested.

Ok, so I stopped by my old apartment building to see if that Phantom was still there. The security guard stops anyone he doesn't know and he tried to stop me but I just waved and drove by. Didn't work; he was on me like glue. So I apologize for the not well thought out pictures, I was distracted by the guard hovering over my shoulder asking me what I was doing.

Look, I really have no idea what this bike is. All I know is that I bumped into the owner about a year and a half ago, and he told me what I posted in an earlier post. He said that it was a 400cc Phantom, they didn't make many and they didn't sell well because they were too expensive. I have no idea if that's true or not, it's just what some Thai guy told me once. Maybe this is just a 200cc bike with a different engine stuck in later. I dunno.

So here's the pics, make up your own mind, I make no claims and retract my earlier ones.

First, for reference, a 200cc Phantom engine:

93345135.jpg

And here is the supposed 400cc. I was wrong about it being 2 cylinder, seems to be only one. Other differences are the much stubbier exhaust and the temperature gauge and oil light on the instrument gauge, as any former Phantom owner should be able to see.

64274784.jpg

15419608.jpg

94084479.jpg

74193123.jpg

77251013.jpg

70276235.jpg

27008626.jpg

Reason I said the bike in the OP was not a 200cc was because it appears to have a radiator too. Man, I have too much time on my hands, I need a job again.

Ok, so I stopped by my old apartment building to see if that Phantom was still there. The security guard stops anyone he doesn't know and he tried to stop me but I just waved and drove by. Didn't work; he was on me like glue. So I apologize for the not well thought out pictures, I was distracted by the guard hovering over my shoulder asking me what I was doing.

Look, I really have no idea what this bike is. All I know is that I bumped into the owner about a year and a half ago, and he told me what I posted in an earlier post. He said that it was a 400cc Phantom, they didn't make many and they didn't sell well because they were too expensive. I have no idea if that's true or not, it's just what some Thai guy told me once. Maybe this is just a 200cc bike with a different engine stuck in later. I dunno.

So here's the pics, make up your own mind, I make no claims and retract my earlier ones.

First, for reference, a 200cc Phantom engine:

93345135.jpg

And here is the supposed 400cc. I was wrong about it being 2 cylinder, seems to be only one. Other differences are the much stubbier exhaust and the temperature gauge and oil light on the instrument gauge, as any former Phantom owner should be able to see.

64274784.jpg

15419608.jpg

94084479.jpg

74193123.jpg

77251013.jpg

70276235.jpg

27008626.jpg

Reason I said the bike in the OP was not a 200cc was because it appears to have a radiator too. Man, I have too much time on my hands, I need a job again.

you have added pics of 2 bikes, an early 150 2 stroke phantom and the later 200cc 4 stroke, so no surprise that the size was lost in the translation,. :) Edited by SMEEERE

you have added pics of 2 bikes, an early 150 2 stroke phantom and the later 200cc 4 stroke, so no surprise that the size was lost in the translation,. :)

Yea, the blue one is a 2005 or 2006, 200cc Phantom. Are you saying that the water cooled bike is a 150?

Hi guys and gals. here is the wonderful neon Phantom for sale from CM.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...asia-28259.html

check it out especially the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new phantom costs about 85,000 baht,and you are asking 275,000 baht for unwanted funny modification.

Just for the records...this is not Thaicbr's Phantom but as we know it belongs to a person named tracy ( seemingly an female from the US) ..so you got to ask her ,why this price.

mbox

new phantom costs about 85,000 baht,and you are asking 275,000 baht for unwanted funny modification.

Just for the records...this is not Thaicbr's Phantom but as we know it belongs to a person named tracy ( seemingly an female from the US) ..so you got to ask her ,why this price.

mbox

Well she is obviously crazy. Guess she figures there must be someone out there as crazy as she is who will pay a lot of money for a pile of useless tat. You never know - Thailand does have its share of crazies after all! :)

The older Phantoms were 2-stroke water cooled 150cc engines. Newer ones are 4-stroke air cooled 200cc engines.

Wow, thanks for setting me straight. I have even less respect for the Phantom than ever, what a piece of garbage. I bet that thing couldn't make it up driveways without a running start.

Funny, when the owner of that bike told me it was a 400cc, he was also asking if I was interested in trading my 200cc. I told him no because his bike was in terrible shape and it looked like he had never done any maintenance, or even cleaned it before. What a snake!

mbox

Well she is obviously crazy. Guess she figures there must be someone out there as crazy as she is who will pay a lot of money for a pile of useless tat. You never know - Thailand does have its share of crazies after all! :)

Maybe it is a typo and she meant 27500 Thb? :-)

The older Phantoms were 2-stroke water cooled 150cc engines. Newer ones are 4-stroke air cooled 200cc engines.

Wow, thanks for setting me straight. I have even less respect for the Phantom than ever, what a piece of garbage. I bet that thing couldn't make it up driveways without a running start.

Funny, when the owner of that bike told me it was a 400cc, he was also asking if I was interested in trading my 200cc. I told him no because his bike was in terrible shape and it looked like he had never done any maintenance, or even cleaned it before. What a snake!

According to your previous post(#23) and this one now, may i suggest that this may have actually been an 400cc Honda shadow.the honda shadow is a v twin, has the radiator (cooler) and a different tank too...the shadow is bigger altogether and pretty heavy and underpowered for its size...difficult to overtake on 90 km/h but can be a good cruiser if it has 750 cc or so.

mbox

Edited by mbox

According to your previous post(#23) and this one now, may i suggest that this may have actually been an 400cc Honda shadow.the honda shadow is a v twin, has the radiator (cooler) and a different tank too...the shadow is bigger altogether and pretty heavy and underpowered for its size...difficult to overtake on 90 km/h but can be a good cruiser if it has 750 cc or so.

mbox

I think my memory is just bad. I drank away a lot of brain cells this year.

Thailand is the gathering place for all the world's weirdos. At least it's the 400cc Phantom.

UMMMM IS THERE SUCH A THING.

Yea, they were selling a 400cc Phantom a few years back, but you don't see them often. I've been told that's because they were expensive and didn't sell well. They have 2 cylinders, a radiator and a slightly different fuel tank, but look otherwise the same.

400cc Phantom......? and people say she's crazy. Phantom 150cc & 200cc only that's why you don't see the 400cc often, it doesn't exist. :)

To be honest she's seems quite a nice lady. A retired electrical engineer looking for an interesting project so I heard. A bit eccentric, I suppose, as she doesn't spend all day on Thaivisa acting smug, criticizing people and pretending how smart she is. She actually is. Good luck to her I say. :D