House Rentals

gooner1943

Just as a quick warning to anyone out there that lets out properties. 3 Months ago I rented out two adjacent houses that I have, both 4 bedrooms, both with swimming pools and both in very good condition, the houses are situated just outside Central Pattaya on a well know quiet estate. The let was done through a local agent and was to a Chinese guy. The formalities were done, rent & deposit paid and the contract signed for one year. I had 12 air cons serviced and both houses cleaned etc., This week, some 3 months after the letting they have disappeared leaving the houses looking like Kabul, cigarette butts everywhere, dirty clothes just left on the floors, tables and chairs broken I could go on and on. They had also covered all the downstairs windows with black bags and had had at least 20 computer points, I know this because of the amount of modems left. I have since found out that maybe 8/9 guys worked in the houses. Obviously not an entirely legal operation.

I have a feeling these people move from house to house leaving them quickly and all in the same condition.

this is just to warn people in the letting business to beware. I have also heard that they may well be moving to the Chaing Mai area.

Just as a quick warning to anyone out there that lets out properties. 3 Months ago I rented out two adjacent houses that I have, both 4 bedrooms, both with swimming pools and both in very good condition, the houses are situated just outside Central Pattaya on a well know quiet estate. The let was done through a local agent and was to a Chinese guy. The formalities were done, rent & deposit paid and the contract signed for one year. I had 12 air cons serviced and both houses cleaned etc., This week, some 3 months after the letting they have disappeared leaving the houses looking like Kabul, cigarette butts everywhere, dirty clothes just left on the floors, tables and chairs broken I could go on and on. They had also covered all the downstairs windows with black bags and had had at least 20 computer points, I know this because of the amount of modems left. I have since found out that maybe 8/9 guys worked in the houses. Obviously not an entirely legal operation.

I have a feeling these people move from house to house leaving them quickly and all in the same condition.

this is just to warn people in the letting business to beware. I have also heard that they may well be moving to the Chaing Mai area.

sounds like these guys:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Internationa...st-t282426.html

You have my sympathy.

When I got back to my apartment (OK, room) after an extended stay ik the yUK I found that my Thai neighbours had not only trashed thier room but also the landing. Not the odd dog-end but 2 feet deep full of food, bags and dirty clothes. I couldn't get into my room. The landlord had done zip to clean it (I'm on the 3rd floor and he conveniently ignoring everything, on the 1st) which left me with a mornings work cleaning it all up!

I got some revenge by tipping out all the s_it filled drawers into the street too.