D-max Cab4 3000 Slx

Greenside

Well, this morning we took a look at the blue book and what we were offered in lieu of the service warranty book which was invoices for oil changes and minor services at 10, 15 and 20,000 km. Apart from an oil change last week, all were done at the main Isuzu dealer so we went and talked to their service department who verified the car was sold with the spec that it appears to have and that the services are recorded on their system. They weren't busy and suggested we bring it over so they could have a proper look and the dealer (probably getting fed up with us by now - actually his mother really was: "Car good! You buy! Why you take away?") let us have it for the afternoon.

The dealer could find no faults although they pointed out that a number of early commonrail models have had a modification of some sort done to improve fuel economy and that this one was out of warranty so wouldn't get it for free. Their verdict: it looks fine for the price and even if it's been clocked it can't have been by much considering the condition. Pleasantly surprised by no charge for the half hour they spent looking it over and digging up the records. (Tara Motors, by the way if you live in CM)

So we resolved to go for it subject to some further discount to help towards the fuel mod if needed and my wife staged a withering attack on the owner resulting in another 10k off the price and him paying all the transfer costs. He's probably terrified of meeting her after the bollocking she gave him for loosing the book!

So off to registration department in the morning and hopefully the saga will end happily by lunchtime. I'll put it in for a full service at the first opportunity just to get things off to a clean start.

Thanks to all who contributed advice which was very useful in getting my head around this. It does seem that Thais don't set quite the same store by a service book and invoices are seen as just as good - not like in the UK where no history book means a big hit. Anyway now I have the Isuzu print-out showing that they were done so I'm thinking that should be good enough when it comes time to sell.

Well done Greenside, it,s always nice to get a positive result.

The end result is good and it didn,t hurt one bit to have concerns about the pick up and wisely posting on the thread about it.

Apologies re the porkies reference are due to the seller in this case

Good luck and safe driving

marshbags :)

Edited by marshbags