Indian Food

shovely7

By use of the word "mush", I did not in any way intend to demean the quality of the food, which as you correctly note, I have not tasted -- sorry for that. My comments were based on observation (only) -- food needs to get past the sight test before it gets into my mouth, and that Indian food doesn't pass the sight test. I am suprised it got into your's, but to each his own. And I am pretty (very) sure that there are only 2 B50 meals on display; the other meals on display are larger and much higher priced. If eating a miniscule portion of "Indian" food for B50 (plus rice, B60) rather than having good Thai food for about half that price is your preference, by all means do it --your money and your choice. I was simply commenting that price and quantity are both considerations when one calls food "cheap", and that food ain't cheap (others have said it isn't very good, but I have no basis to comment on that). It is a tiny (TINY!) portion for a cheap (well, not really) price. And the OP was suggesting that the foold is "cheap" -- wrong!. Sorry if I offended you by suggesting that you might be associated with that restaurant. I would be offended to be associated with it also. Perhaps you are anorexic (or on an ultra low calorie diet)?

I do have amazing skills of observation, as you correctly point out. I do women the same way I do food -- you have to pass my sight test before you get into my ..... (well, let's leave it there, shall we?).

Cheers,

I have to say that I really don't know where you are getting this idea that the portions are "tiny". I am a pretty big guy with a healthy appetite, and it is plenty for me (in fact I buy a second nan as I need it to eat all the curry). In relation to the suggestions that the nans are stale, every time I have eaten there I have watched the chef knead the dough and then cook it. They couldn't be any fresher.

Just finished my beef curry,very spicy and even better than the original one i made yesterday.

1x 1/2 kilo beef = 100 baht

1x Tin of tomatos = 22 baht

1x Tin Mushrooms = 40 baht

3 Med Potatos = 25 baht

1x Onion = 5 baht

Add my spicy curry powder form uk = 2 baht + cummin/corriander/ginger/sugar/salt

204 baht for 8 portions minimum and the best in Pattaya/Jomtien,as i have tried them all.

Just finished my beef curry,very spicy and even better than the original one i made yesterday.

3 Med Potatos = 25 baht

1x Onion = 5 baht

Add my spicy curry powder form uk = 2 baht + cummin/corriander/ginger/sugar/salt

204 baht for 8 portions minimum and the best in Pattaya/Jomtien,as i have tried them all.

Sounds great! Wher exactly do you live?I might come over with the Friday Night Gang...make sure you have beer in the chiller :)

3 Med Potatos = 25 baht

1x Onion = 5 baht

Sounds great! Wher exactly do you live?I might come over with the Friday Night Gang...make sure you have beer in the chiller :)

They come from miles around to taste my indian curries lol,also the gf beef stew with dumplings is awesome.Forgot to say i put spinach in sometimes and thats very tasty too.

3 Med Potatos = 25 baht

1x Onion = 5 baht

They come from miles around to taste my indian curries lol,also the gf beef stew with dumplings is awesome.Forgot to say i put spinach in sometimes and thats very tasty too.

ahhahah thats really good u can cook indian curries :D

it's great that you can cook your own curry but why the mushrooms? that's not something i've seen in an indian curry in 20 years of eating them...it sounds more like a fusion with chinese curries

there used to be a good wee indian restaurant opposite paragon property down by jomtien, this is going back nearly 3 years now though...back then the indian in royal garden was ok...but the jomtien restaurant was better, another good wee curry was sold in a restaurant joined to a tailors outside vt1 but again this is going back a few years...i tried all the others at the time, the upmarket one lol near bruno's and the ali baba's whatever the name was...needless to say they were robbing barstewards with the quality of food for the price and that was when the exchange rate was pretty good

i can add a couple of links if people would like that list numerous authentic indian recipes...some in the style of anglo-indian and donated by active restaurants...bit of pre-cooking needed but worth the effort for an authentic anglo-indian meal, ingredients should be easy to source in pattaya

Has anyone tasted the indian food at the food hall inside Top's supermarket in central Pattaya? It wasn't bad, one generous portion of veggie curry with yellow rice about 80 Baht in total as I recall. Well, when you have the urge to eat indian food it can taste so good even if it's not exactly wonderful.. same as buying the cheap pizza that you find everywhere and that is made by people who shouldn't be allowed to cook..just a carbs urge..

down L K METRO on the right side is a very good indian restaurant, took some friends first time and well pleased not expensive and very good food

You are probably talking about Curries restaurant. However, sadly, they have been shut down for 2 and a half months and also their website is offline, so I reckon they are history.

Edited by Jingthing

down L K METRO on the right side is a very good indian restaurant, took some friends first time and well pleased not expensive and very good food

You are probably talking about Curries restaurant. However, sadly, they have been shut down for 2 and a half months and also their website is offline, so I reckon they are history.

hi jingthing sorry to hear that, i was looking forward to good currie on my next trip down to pattaya

hi all, don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but there is a little indian food place opposite tesco express at the back of nam purb wan, good food, curry, rice and nan bread about 130 baht, worth a look, been there a few times in last week

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well I am sorry to report the the Indian at Carrefour is no more.

Went to get my usual 50B takeaway the other day and they have cleared out just an empty space there now.

I used to get a takeaway from there at least twice a week and and really enjoyed them, good quality and fantastic value.

I seem to remember reading somewhere, although not on this thread that they had another place somewhere?

Anyone know?

I can't even remember what they where called in Carrefour.

Edited by kevkev1888