Export To Oz

I have been approached by a guy from Australia, who wants me to send him silk/clothing/handicrafts etc. I know very little about business, so maybe it is stupid getting involved. I fully trust this guy however and he is a great salesman.

I have tried looking in the archives of this forum, and found a couple of useful things.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could explain what I would have to do to actually send these things. I could do the buying no bother.

Could I just post them?

If so, is it legal?

Simple questions, I know, but if someone could suggest where to start looking for advice and ideas.

I feel that I could possibly do well in this business as I have very good contacts in Thailand and around the world.

Is there a good book I could buy?

Cheers in advance

Neeranam

• 3 weeks later...

Your Aussie mate should come to Thailand and buy the first lot of product and show you exactly what he wants.

I know a lot of Aussies who come to LoS and go back with cases full of (mainly) kid's clothes and womens jeans, t-shirts etc.

Exporting from LoS is very straight fwd & easy. :D

Importing to LoS is a bastard. ........ Corruption! :o

Your Aussie mate should come to Thailand and buy the first lot of product and show you exactly what he wants.

I know a lot of Aussies who come to LoS and go back with cases full of (mainly) kid's clothes and womens jeans, t-shirts etc.

Exporting from LoS is very straight fwd & easy. 

Importing to LoS is a bastard. ........ Corruption! 

Thanks Udon.

Could I post lots of parcels of about 10 kg each?

Would this be sussed by the customs in OZ?

Aus customs have all the latest u-beaut anti-smuggling equipment so don't try to get something thru that is not on the customs declaration.

You can send as many 10 kg parcels as you like. :o

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "sussed"

You should look at aussie customs website and figure out what actual duty is on these items before you try to figure out the sneaky ways you can smuggle them in. UPS is best unless its furniture or other heavy items and they are going to know that you are not sending this amount of gifts...

What I mean is, could I send a bag with 30 baby suits for example and say they are a gift?

Then do the same again?

Am I right in thinking that gifts do not need any tax paid on them?

If your mate from Aussie wants to import them,just get him to call a customs broker.A broker will give you the duty rates if any are applicable.

What I mean is, could I send a bag with 30 baby suits for example and say they are a gift?

Then do the same again?

Am I right in thinking that gifts do not need any tax paid on them?

Mate, if you think you can get away with it, go for it, but I'm sure they have seen this type of BS before. No offense.

If they were cast-offs, yes, new, nope. :D

Besides, I don't think that the duty would be too high, your frt costs will be substantial on 30Kgs

Ask for a CIF quote. Then add yr duty +10% VAT = LANDED COST.

----

edited for smelling mistakes :o

Edited by udon