Was This A Scam!

lecram

How about editing your post to a standard font size (2) and to a more readable font (ex. Lucida Sans Unicode)?

Filingaccount thankyou for your input but the font is fine as is the font size. Perhaps a new prescription for glasses may be in order as I cant really see what you are on about.

One of the moderators edited your original post, before they did that it was very hard on the eyes, but they've changed the font size to be something more standard and palatable. That's what fillingaccount's on about.

Ok Thanks for that info! I am not a frquent user of thai visa and inept with anything that requires button technology ie computers with many fonts to choose from. I will in future though try and pay attention to the technical details and have now changed to !!!! U got it font size 2 Lucida Unicode. HMMMM but I am not sure it saved for future posts. Given it was changed my apologies go out to Filingaccount but it will not stop me being cheeky!!!! I sincerely hope that no offence is taken by my replies and I merely like to joust.

My wife is forever looking in my wallet

to see what Thai money looks like . . .

. . . and how well it spends! I don't need

my embassy to tell me I'm being had!

I love this comment CelticBhoy. Has your wife not yet learned that Thai money from your wallet spends very easlily. Have you tried having two wallets haha It is kinda like how many of us have two or even three mobile phones! You know the mobile you can answer when your wife is present and the one that always seems turned off just incase wifey is within earshot. Enjoy the ride!!!!

Absolutely amazed about the outstanding service the Aussie Embassy give to their citizens.

:)

In fact I'm very sceptical about this part of the 'story'.

My understanding is that the Aust. Embassy do NOT provide this type of service.

Can you really amagine that every Australian who happens to be in Thailand can fax documents to the Aust. Embassy to get the 'OK'.

Sorry, I don't believe it.

I am sorry you dont believe the Australian embassy will look after Aussies this way because you will obviously in this situation not call on them for this type of help as your "understanding" is they will not do it. Cool have it your way scorecard!

I contacted an Australian friend you used to work in the embassy. They do NOT provide such a service for a number of reasons: they deliberately don't involve themselves at all in peoples day to day activities unless there is a very serious situation and even then it would be a coordinated activity along with the appropriate Thai authorities, they are not a tranlation service, etc.

I don't believe this.

The market in question is called "rohng gleuah" (salt factory), and having been there nearly 50 times in the last five years, I would find it very hard to believe a sting op. like this was carried out against a few unsuspecting, stall hopping farangs with the usual "lost" expression on their faces, unless they were making complete asses out of themselves.

The only sting ops, or perhaps roundup is a better description, you will witness in this market area on a regular basis, are the Thai Customs and Excise department trying to bring some sort of order to the mayhem surrounding the import and sale of all the NGO's donated clothing/shoes, and all the knock-offs that have a problem getting sold elsewhere on the globe.

Thanks. :)

Can you post the g-map co-ords pls.

Here.

Start at Rungsit - Nakon Nayok - Prachinburi - Sra Kaew - Arunyaprathet (Just get on the 33 Highway and drive all the way to the Cambodian border.)

The market in question is called "rohng gleuah" (salt factory), and having been there nearly 50 times in the last five years, I would find it very hard to believe a sting op. like this was carried out against a few unsuspecting, stall hopping farangs with the usual "lost" expression on their faces, unless they were making complete asses out of themselves.

The only sting ops, or perhaps roundup is a better description, you will witness in this market area on a regular basis, are the Thai Customs and Excise department trying to bring some sort of order to the mayhem surrounding the import and sale of all the NGO's donated clothing/shoes, and all the knock-offs that have a problem getting sold elsewhere on the globe.

Thanks. :)

Can you post the g-map co-ords pls.

Here.

Start at Rungsit - Nakon Nayok - Prachinburi - Sra Kaew - Arunyaprathet (Just get on the 33 Highway and drive all the way to the Cambodian border.)

Thanks. I know it as Aranya Market, I have to go past it every 90 days. :D

The part of the missing Thai gal they had with them and the money that was taken do match. The police probally threw in the Thai gal to account for the missing money she took. The two falangs were alledged to have stolen and given the money to her. They were being shaken down for the money.

Thai Logic

Edited by threelegcowboy

5 Years in LOS and only 2 posts.

Perhaps OP has a life. :)

Or perhaps OP finally found has something happen to him worthy of posting a thread about. All these guys who doubt the authenticity of his story are ridiculous. Crazier things than this happen everyday, why is this story so unbelievable to you?

Absolutely amazed about the outstanding service the Aussie Embassy give to their citizens.

Can you really amagine that every Australian who happens to be in Thailand can fax documents to the Aust. Embassy to get the 'OK'.

I agree with you.

No embassy gives this personal kind of service from a fax or a phone call. Their advice would be; sorry but we cannot intervene in these cases and recommend the enquirer to contact Thai lawyer.

Just wasted 7 minutes of my life reading this rubbish.

I am sorry you dont believe the Australian embassy will look after Aussies this way because you will obviously in this situation not call on them for this type of help as your "understanding" is they will not do it. Cool have it your way scorecard!

I contacted an Australian friend you used to work in the embassy. They do NOT provide such a service for a number of reasons: they deliberately don't involve themselves at all in peoples day to day activities unless there is a very serious situation and even then it would be a coordinated activity along with the appropriate Thai authorities, they are not a tranlation service, etc.

I don't believe this.

Hmm "A friend that used to work at the embassy".

Perhaps your friend, called upon during his service with A.E would not provide this service for what ever reason but the people working that evening in both Australia and Thailand sure did.

It is silly to think your embassy would not do this for two Australian citizens being detained by Police.

Thankyou detective scorecard but wrong information from a dubious source is not what the readers need. It might be wise to check with the staff currently working at the embassy before you give out your mates views. It was not so long ago that someone there would not remember. For the record the traslator that evening was a Woman.