Abhisit's Motorcade Pelted With Fermented Fish, Bottles, Sandals In Lop Buri

george

I would like to see each and every "protestor" who attacked the PM's car charged, convicted, and locked up. What country is supposed to tolerate this? In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it. Is Abhisit being too weak? Isn't it time to send the message this is going to stop, whether you like it or not?

You're American I believe. You have the right of protest.

You sound like a facist.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The events clearly show that democracy is not the real aim and never will be of the reds.

Unless democracy means 'reds wins at any cost'.

A democratic process begins long before any election and never stops. An election in itself is but a very small detail in it.

Unless some posters realize that we will have the same boring rehash of one-liners here in this thread and for future years to come...*yawn*.

TAWP I've read your posts and never once have you taken your f-----g blinkers off you are a diehard yellow supporter through and through and you have the balls to talk about democracy.

The actions of the yellows of course are completely identified with democracy, are there anymore like you at home.

Sorry pops, its so true, they never had or will have democracy in their banner ever. Now don't go swearing at me now, watch your blood pressure and be careful not to listen too much to your wife, make up your own mind, Thais are very mesmerized by the (failed) 30 Baht scheme and therefor is Thaksin their hero.

The events clearly show that democracy is not the real aim and never will be of the reds.

A democratic process begins long before any election and never stops. An election in itself is but a very small detail in it.

Unless some posters realize that we will have the same boring rehash of one-liners here in this thread and for future years to come...*yawn*.

So, you think the yellow shirts stand for true democracy? You are ignorant.

I would like to see each and every "protestor" who attacked the PM's car charged, convicted, and locked up. What country is supposed to tolerate this? In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it. Is Abhisit being too weak? Isn't it time to send the message this is going to stop, whether you like it or not?

You sound like a facist.

Rubbish. The right stops at VIOLENCE and threatening the life of others. If you don't believe the red shirted thugs are murderous you are simply misinformed. Look up BLACK SONGKRAN.

You sound like a facist.

Rubbish The right stops at VIOLENCE and threatening the life of others. If you don't believe the red shirted thugs are murderous you are simply misinformed. Look up BLACK SONGKRAN.

And the yellow shirts of course did no violence when they took over the airports.

Jeez, you're naive.

You sound like a facist.

Rubbish! The right stops at VIOLENCE and threatening the life of others. If you don't believe the red shirted thugs are murderous you are simply misinformed. Look up BLACK SONGKRAN.

And the yellow shirts of course did no violence when they took over the airports.

Jeez, you're naive.

Not at all. Anyone paying attention knows that the red shirts have been MUCH MORE VIOLENT than the yellows. There is no comparison whatsover.

http://accomthailand.wordpress.com/2009/05...B8%9E%E0%B8%B7/

Why doesn't some quick witted reporter find the individual threw the stuff and find out why they were there protesting and why they threw it?

Credible or not, it would be worthwhile to know if the grievances were reasons for the protest were genuine or not.

:):D :D

It'd be great TV to watch any random protester pulled aside and asked for their thoughts and opinions on a whole array of political issues...

Why doesn't some quick witted reporter find the individual threw the stuff and find out why they were there protesting and why they threw it?

Credible or not, it would be worthwhile to know if the grievances were reasons for the protest were genuine or not.

:):D :D

It'd be great TV to watch any random protester pulled aside and asked for their thoughts and opinions on a whole array of political issues...

Why not?

The ringmasters get their messages across to the press all the time, and they are controlling the message and we get dragged down into the endless discussion that the people were bought to give the protest.

TAWP I've read your posts and never once have you taken your f-----g blinkers off you are a diehard yellow supporter through and through and you have the balls to talk about democracy.

The actions of the yellows of course are completely identified with democracy, are there anymore like you at home.

Sorry pops, its so true, they never had or will have democracy in their banner ever. Now don't go swearing at me now, watch your blood pressure and be careful not to listen too much to your wife, make up your own mind, Thais are very mesmerized by the (failed) 30 Baht scheme and therefor is Taxhim their hero.

For your info I do not support either side but as for the rhetoric of some people here that either the reds or the yellows have never done anything wrong defies belief, all parties in this country have and do buy votes so what does that say about the people who sell them one thing, that THEY do not care enough to forgo a little easy money.

My problem with the reds and yellows is that they have both tried to impose their will on the incumbent government and it really doesn't matter how many supporters they have it's still only a minute fraction of the people eligible to vote, surely a case of the tail trying to wag the dog.

Discuss the issues here, yes, but please don't bang on about y/r they are not the government. And by the way my blood pressure is fine thanks. :) .

You sound like a facist.

Rubbish. The right stops at VIOLENCE and threatening the life of others. If you don't believe the red shirted thugs are murderous you are simply misinformed. Look up BLACK SONGKRAN.

Once again Jingthing you select just what YOU want to get over, certainly people saw what happened on Songkran, they also saw yellows firing guns at people on the streets of Bangkok and destroying motor cycles, none of this should be acceptable to people but you and supporters from both sides appear to believe that anything goes just as long as you achieve your goals. Try being a bit less biased and view what is best for the country ie; free elections.

Of course we also saw yellows being attacked with grenades in the 2 weeks before this Street Incident from the truck.

Of which no one was reported killed or shot, by the way.

Not defending the shooting BUT, if you KNEW for a FACT some were throwing grenades at sleeping grandmothers,

and you were now a day or so later being attacked by unknown numbers of assailants...

wouldn't YOU assume one attacker MIGHT ALSO have a grenade too?

And then use your pistol to scare them off.

What was not clearly seen in this video was the great many motorcycle riding reds,

trying to surround and attack that truck. Must have been quite scary,

especially considering the murders of PAD people in the past week...

Either way,

BOTH SIDES WERE WRONG, but there was nothing that said this yellow truck went looking for this trouble,

and several accounts stated the red MC taxis DID attack the truck with rocks, to start it off.

------------------------------------------

But throwing the yellow incidents out as justification for this year plus later fish incident is disingenuous at best,

and deliberate obfuscation of the point of this discussion at worst.

Sorry pops, its so true, they never had or will have democracy in their banner ever. Now don't go swearing at me now, watch your blood pressure and be careful not to listen too much to your wife, make up your own mind, Thais are very mesmerized by the (failed) 30 Baht scheme and therefor is Taxhim their hero.

For your info I do not support either side but as for the rhetoric of some people here that either the reds or the yellows have never done anything wrong defies belief, all parties in this country have and do buy votes so what does that say about the people who sell them one thing, that THEY do not care enough to forgo a little easy money.

My problem with the reds and yellows is that they have both tried to impose their will on the incumbent government and it really doesn't matter how many supporters they have it's still only a minute fraction of the people eligible to vote, surely a case of the tail trying to wag the dog.

Discuss the issues here, yes, but please don't bang on about y/r they are not the government. And by the way my blood pressure is fine thanks. :) .

Thank you for clarifying your position and I am glad to hear that your blood pressure is OK, because it is a silent killer...

Personally can't think which megalomaniac square-headed exiled flawed businessman sanctioned this one...

Agree.

Seems to me that Abhisit is deliberately not stopping them / punishing them or whatever.

My understanding (from what my family say) is that the yelling into megaphones at protests like this has no logic or structured message with points, just screaming hatred.

I think Abhisit is deliberately letting them make fools of themselves.

Lets not forget that Thais admire people who ignore abuse etc., and don't react with more yelling or violence. (Cool heart.)

Personally can't think which megalomaniac square-headed exiled flawed businessman sanctioned this one...

Agree.

Seems to me that Abhisit is deliberately not stopping them / punishing them or whatever.

My understanding (from what my family say) is that the yelling into megaphones at protests like this has no logic or structured message with points, just screaming hatred.

I think Abhisit is deliberately letting them make fools of themselves.

Lets not forget that Thais admire people who ignore abuse etc., and don't react with more yelling or violence. (Cool heart.)

You are likely correct about that. Also, Abhisit's peaceful reaction to the insane violence of the reds during Black Songkran was a huge political win for him and likely explains why he is still in power. Remember back when the reds thought he wouldn't last a month? Well, they were wrong. However, I really do worry for Abhisit's personal safety. He is no saint, but he is clearly a reasonable man compared to the square headed monster.

No they wouldn't have. You must be from Burma.

“On the day George W. Bush was inaugurated, tens of thousands of Americans poured into the streets of D.C. They pelted Bush’s limo with eggs.”

“Shouting slogans like ‘Hail to the Thief’ and ‘Selected, Not Elected,’ tens of thousands of protesters descended on George W. Bush's inaugural parade route yesterday to proclaim that he and Vice President Dick Cheney had ‘stolen’ the election.” Michael Kranish and Sue Kirchhoff, “Thousands Protest ‘Stolen’ Election,” Boston Globe, January 21, 2001.

“Scuffles erupted between radicals and riot police while an egg struck the bullet-proof presidential limousine as it carried Mr. Bush and wife Laura to the White House.” Damon Johnston, “Bush Pledges Justice as Critics Throw Eggs,” The Advertisers, January 22, 2001."

PM believes assailants want to make headlines

BANGKOK, Sept 13 (TNA) - Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Sunday he believed protesters from the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) who attacked his motorcade as he visited Lop Buri, 140 kilometres north of Bangkok on Saturday, wanted to "make gains" from appearing in media coverage.

Mr. Abhisit said a similar demonstration by protesters occurred earlier this year when he visited Lop Buri, but he was unperturbed and planned to continue visiting people upcountry in future.

Saturday's incident took place as Mr. Abhisit was about to leave the Tha Wung municipal office in Lop Buri. The prime minister was there to meet and inform local farmers about his government's policy of guaranteed prices for agricultural products.

No one was hurt, despite the number of projectiles pelting the procession.

Praising police and army personnel who provided security for him on Saturday, Mr. Abhisit said throwing objects at other people is illegal and legal action would be taken against the wrongdoers if they are caught. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009/09/13

PM believes assailants want to make headlines

BANGKOK, Sept 13 (TNA) - Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Sunday he believed protesters from the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) who attacked his motorcade as he visited Lop Buri, 140 kilometres north of Bangkok on Saturday, wanted to "make gains" from appearing in media coverage.

Mr. Abhisit said a similar demonstration by protesters occurred earlier this year when he visited Lop Buri, but he was unperturbed and planned to continue visiting people upcountry in future.

Saturday's incident took place as Mr. Abhisit was about to leave the Tha Wung municipal office in Lop Buri. The prime minister was there to meet and inform local farmers about his government's policy of guaranteed prices for agricultural products.

No one was hurt, despite the number of projectiles pelting the procession.

Praising police and army personnel who provided security for him on Saturday, Mr. Abhisit said throwing objects at other people is illegal and legal action would be taken against the wrongdoers if they are caught. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009/09/13

It would be interesting to find out, if for no other reason than humour, what assault is caused by throwing a bag of fermented fish at a stationery cavalcade.

Assault with a stinky weapon?

Damage with malodorous foodstuff?

Intent to damage nasal passages?

Maybe it is simpler than that. They risked damaging national security. 30 years hard labour.

It would be interesting to find out, if for no other reason than humour, what assault is caused by throwing a bag of fermented fish at a stationery cavalcade.

If you were to be pelted by bags of fermented fish on your way out the door, I strongly suspect you would see the illegality of it after one or two times.

Good stuff, well done Reds!!! :)

Ah, yes, now the true color comes out...

Yellow supporter? Are you on drugs? Look at my title and sig, I think pretty much all politicians could be rounded up in this little nation of ours.

So, you think the yellow shirts stand for true democracy? You are ignorant.

Again? What is with these posters?

Not supporting Thaksin doesn't mean being yellow.

Being able to point out obvious things such as democracy being much more than elections...is being yellow?

That would be ironic if that was your point...

In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it.

And exactly what banana republic do you hail from? :)

haha, he must be from north korea or some overly strict country in the middle east.

[

Yeah they should have closed down the airport and crippled the country instead.

Then they would get off scot free.

Continuing the bullsh!t about PAD closing the airport will never make it a fact, the airport authorities CLOSED the airport.

Edited by Artisi

[

Yeah they should have closed down the airport and crippled the country instead.

Then they would get off scot free.

Continuing the bullsh!t about PAD closing the airport will never make it a fact, the airport authorities CLOSED the airport.

so, it's the airport authorities fault and the yellows had NOTHING to do with the airport closure on BLACK Suvarnabhumi day whatsoever :) righty o then :D

Edited by mc2

Assault with a stinky weapon?

Damage with malodorous foodstuff?

Intent to damage nasal passages?

Maybe it is simpler than that. They risked damaging national security. 30 years hard labour.

Allow me to quote a famous poem:

When I was out walking with my brother Jim

somebody threw a tomato at him

now tomatoes are soft and they don't break the skin

but this f***er did, it was still in the tin