Tourism Scams

reallyok

Pay the bin after each round, then you can go there again

Maybe, but it is a hassel to do that. I mean if the guy says a beer costs 100 baht, I dont expect to get a bill saying they were 300 baht each.

But in know that now, if I ever go to those places again, I will pay 1 round at a time

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but it is a hassel to do that. I mean if the guy says a beer costs 100 baht, I dont expect to get a bill saying they were 300 baht each.

But in know that now, if I ever go to those places again, I will pay 1 round at a time

Im not being a S.A but maybe there was a happy hour promotion when you first arrived and it lapsed on the next hour..you get that a lot here :)

Im not being a S.A but maybe there was a happy hour promotion when you first arrived and it lapsed on the next hour..you get that a lot here :D

Nice one...

i would like to post some example of scam,but after the sick buffalo experience,i didn't get any.

I have become a cynical cheap charlie :)

But keep them coming,good lessons and lot of fun

Hired a car. Pointed out to them that the front bumper was damaged.

The guy said he would make a note of it on the hire form.

Stupidly I dodn't ensure he did and later when I'd left the country the repair for the damage was charged to my credit card.

This was Alamo rentals at Heathrow, London.

to all those who say this doesn't happen "at home" it does. "caveat epmtor" is a sentiment valid everywhere.

the downside of being 'clued up' is folks convinced they are being done over a complete misunderstanding. i have seen both wrongs here with equal frequency