Cm Street Directory Or Detailed Map

scorecard

Visiting CM soon to start detailed search for schools and more and will probably make many further visits.

For ease of finding things quickly would like to buy (if available) a CM street directory or detailed street map, with English if possible, but Thai only is OK.

Any CM members seen either for sale?

Would appreciate if you could please share name of bookstore or shop.

Thanks.

Suriwong Books (on Sridonchai) and DK Books (on Kotchasan) both sell good maps of Chiang Mai.

I realise my advice may not be a lot of help to you though, because first you will need to have a map to find Sridonchai and / or Kotchasan, won't you ?? :)

Edited by john b good

Suriwong Books (on Sridonchai) and DK Books (on Kotchasan) both sell good maps of Chiang Mai.

I realise my advice may not be a lot of help to you though, because first you will need to have a map to find Sridonchai and / or Kotchasan, won't you ?? :)

Thanks so much, not a problem, I know both of these DK bookshops.

Thanks for all the replies.

Just recently I've made several posts in regard to CM and I very much appreciated the very helpful and very friendly replies by a lot of members, many of the replies have been very comprehensive with well focused information and many have developed into continuing PMs, which is so valuable in my quest to eventually resettle the whole family in CM.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

Scorecard.

You might start off by getting a free map from some of the free magazines available in many places around Chiang Mai.

Check at a Tourist Authority Thailand booth and ask about maps. There are a few different maps available. You may find that you don't even need a purchased map. If you do, it is easy enough to find places that sell them.

For myself, I found that walking or riding around Chiang Mai made it easier than using a map. Everyone has their own likings.

If you have the time and access to internet and printing (there are many shops available) you can find maps on the internet which would be specific to something you are looking for and probably more detailed in that respect.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

I also recommend MapQuest, a CD published by ThinkNet, 2007. All of Chiang Mai province, zoom in and out, etc.

I second that. In addition to theprinted map the cdcovers the whole of Chiangmai provence andcan be zoomed and panned. In addition the layers of information may be turned on and off so that you get the information you need. You can print the screens you want with the layers you want when you want to go anywhere.

I also recommend MapQuest, a CD published by ThinkNet, 2007. All of Chiang Mai province, zoom in and out, etc.

I second that. In addition to theprinted map the cdcovers the whole of Chiangmai provence andcan be zoomed and panned. In addition the layers of information may be turned on and off so that you get the information you need. You can print the screens you want with the layers you want when you want to go anywhere.

Thanks again, any idea if I can purchase this CD in Bangkok?