Guesthouses With Wifi

inasia

I'll be visiting Phuket for the first time soon. If I like it, I may stay a while.

Can anyone recommend Guesthouses in Phuket with WiFi (or Ethernet cable) in the room?

I can recommend www.sweetdreamspatong.com. has wifi in the rooms and now it is free. In the interest of full disclosure: my partner owns it! But it is very nice place if you want quiet. In any case, many guest houses in Patong (and probably the other towns as well) now offer free wifi but it is not always available in the rooms only in the reception areas.

Connect Guesthouse was one of the first guesthouses in Phuket with Internet free of charge in all rooms.

The speed is good with a 4Mbps CAT connection.

The reception and restaurant area has WiFi free of charge.

www.beachpatong.com/connect/Internet.htm

The location is in Paradise Complex in Patong.

If you need a quiet room ask for a room not facing the street with a busy nightlife.

I booked my flight on a whim. (Probably influenced by an episode of Lost that featured Bai Ling). But the more I read about Phuket, the more I regret my choice. I don't even want to go near Patong if I can help it. I'll try steelpulse's suggestion in Hat Karon, or somewhere else less tacky than Patong.

How long does the bus to Bangkok take? What times do they leave? In case I get to Phuket and want to get right out again?

Phuket gets some bad reviews on TV, It really is not as bad as some make it out to be. Avoid Patong and other tourist traps. Unless you like that sort of thing.

Rawai is a quiet expat community on the southern end of the Island, good Thai, seafood and western restaurants, some night life, bars and two all night night clubs.

Nai Harn Beach is one of the nicest.

And to top it off most everything cost 30-70% less in Rawai than Patong, Karon, Kata.

Check your private messages for guest house with free WiFi 500 baht a night sea veiw on quaint Rawai Beach.

Enjoy your trip.

Jay

post-69690-1254207946_thumb.jpg