Tiger Crystal Lite Beer

gotlost

I was visiting Pattaya last week and tried the Tiger Crystal Lite Beer. I'm interested in the opinions of lite beer cynosures of their ranking of this beer. The cynosures of other beers need not apply. To may knowledge Tiger lite is not available in Chiang mai but in Pattaya and Bangkok, so mods if you could help. :)

I was visiting Pattaya last week and tried the Tiger Crystal Lite Beer. I'm interested in the opinions of lite beer cynosures of their ranking of this beer. The cynosures of other beers need not apply. To may knowledge Tiger lite is not available in Chiang mai but in Pattaya and Bangkok, so mods if you could help. :)

A sample of it was sent to a lab for analysis. The result came back "Your dog has jaundice"

We've had it in sleepy Banchang for 4 or 5 months now, and many of the bar owners say it is now their best seller. I like it personally, never liked San Mig Lite. Still hard to find on my trips to Pattaya but here it's in every bar.

... snip ... cynosure ... snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun GotLost,

It's been so long since I've seen the word "cynosure" :) If this word has some special meaning, now, in contemporary usage within the set of "beer drinkers," or within a subset of that set whose specialty is "drinking lite beer" : I would love to know about that ! If you wish to know more about the etymology and previous usages of this word in literature, just pm me. It is a fascinating word.

thanks, ~o:37;

Interesting. I'm a Tiger fan and would like more info on alcohol/calorific content and pics... not much about on the net. If there's less calories but the taste and alcohol is the same I'd defo be up for it... can then get more down me neck without worrying about big bellies :)

:) OK you beer lovers 2 to 1 in favor now its tied up 2 to 2. I personally think it SUCKS. I took 2 sips and told the bartender to give me a regular Tiger the bartender said "I told you its was !@#$%" Now hear is what I would like to know Tiger Beer web site in Thailand has been taken down. No Tiger beer website evens mentions Tiger Crystal Lite. I can not find any adverts on such. What information I can find says 4% alcohol and was released October 2004 for China. I thank Tiger Beer is using parts of Thailand for a dumping ground.

:) OK you beer lovers 2 to 1 in favor now its tied up 2 to 2. I personally think it SUCKS. I took 2 sips and told the bartender to give me a regular Tiger the bartender said "I told you its was !@#$%" Now hear is what I would like to know Tiger Beer web site in Thailand has been taken down. No Tiger beer website evens mentions Tiger Crystal Lite. I can not find any adverts on such. What information I can find says 4% alcohol and was released October 2004 for China. I thank Tiger Beer is using parts of Thailand for a dumping ground.

If you think the beer sucks, why bother starting a thread about it?

I guess he wanted to know the opinions of others before telling us it sucked. I'd still like to give it a go but can't see any deviation in the Tiger flavour being a goer for me. Btw, after reading this I just had to go out and buy some lastnight... you don't work for Tiger do you, op?

Hey woke you guys up. :D No I don't work for Tiger Beer which by the way I like. The previous post said he went out and purchased some TL if so would you share the location. I have not seen any CM. :)

I don't like it either. I'd also like to know where they sell it. 

If it's not off topic, could you include a map?

Sorry guys, I was referring to standard Tiger, but will have good butcher's hook over the weekend and report any findings back here :)
Yes we know you like standard, tiger (as I do) but me and Gotlost (the OP)  think it SUCKS, but we don't know where they sell it. We're going to go around there with 'Tiger Lite SUCKS' placards. We think it is diminishing Lanna Culture. That's right isn't it, Gotlost? That's why I asked for a map, even though I know asking for a map is completely 'off topic'. Edited by KevinHunt

Sorry guys, I was referring to standard Tiger, but will have good butcher's hook over the weekend and report any findings back here :)
Yes we know you like standard, tiger (as I do) but me and Gotlost (the OP) think it SUCKS, but we don't know where they sell it. We're going to go around there with 'Tiger Lite SUCKS' placards. We think it is diminishing Lanna Culture. That's right isn't it, Gotlost? That's why I asked for a map, even though I know asking for a map is completely 'off topic'.

has it been a week already?

Sorry guys, I was referring to standard Tiger, but will have good butcher's hook over the weekend and report any findings back here :D
Yes we know you like standard, tiger (as I do) but me and Gotlost (the OP) think it SUCKS, but we don't know where they sell it. We're going to go around there with 'Tiger Lite SUCKS' placards. We think it is diminishing Lanna Culture. That's right isn't it, Gotlost? That's why I asked for a map, even though I know asking for a map is completely 'off topic'.

I'll drink to that, hel_l I'll drink to all most anything. :)

No, but it just seems like it, right.

Yes we know you like standard, tiger (as I do) but me and Gotlost (the OP)  think it SUCKS, but we don't know where they sell it. We're going to go around there with 'Tiger Lite SUCKS' placards. We think it is diminishing Lanna Culture. That's right isn't it, Gotlost? That's why I asked for a map, even though I know asking for a map is completely 'off topic'.

Once again for the cheap seats, I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY SELL IT as was referring to standard Tiger but will have a look. Jeez.

Just to let you beer lovers know I have PM Tiger Beer asking them, POLITELY, why their web site is down in Thailand and why they do not have any adverts on their TL. As far as I can tell it is not available in CM. If I every get a replied I'll post it so far nothing. Keep looking. :)

• 1 month later...
... snip ... cynosure ... snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun GotLost,

It's been so long since I've seen the word "cynosure" :) If this word has some special meaning, now, in contemporary usage within the set of "beer drinkers," or within a subset of that set whose specialty is "drinking lite beer" : I would love to know about that ! If you wish to know more about the etymology and previous usages of this word in literature, just pm me. It is a fascinating word.

thanks, ~o:37;

I think he meant to say

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connoisseur

rather than

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cynosure

Nevertheless, I had never heard of this word - cynosure, that is - before, and it is very cool. So thanks for that! You never know what you might learn in a thread about lite beer!

Any beer is good as long as you drink enough of it...

Edited by nikster