Custom-made Photo Birthday Cards?

Chip73

I'd like to get a tasteful birthday card made using a family photo I already have. Any suggestions as to where I could go to get a professional job done? I don't know if a print place would be prepared to do just a one-off, would they?

try Airport plaza, Ive seen photo print shops that did that sort of thing, as well as take photos for personalised calendars etc. Unfortunately, places like these never seem to stay in business for long there.

Edited by Donnyboy

try Airport plaza, Ive seen photo print shops that did that sort of thing, as well as take photos for personalised calendars etc. Unfortunately, places like these never seem to stay in business for long there.

Thanks - got the job done at QuickPrint, 3rd floor.

If you are computer savvy, it`s easy to create your own birthday cards and print them out.

Purchase some white A4 size card and compatable envelopes. Make sure you have Black and coloured ink in your printer.

Scan the photo onto your hard drive. Use a software such as: photoshop or microsoft Picture It to produce the card.

I`ve done this several times with amazing results.

Or, what I often do is take a picture and add some text and effects and things and then save it back as a .jpg on a memory stick, and just get it printed at any photo shop. Perfect results that way, though you of course get it on photo paper, not cardboard. This is slightly flimsier when mailed as a post card, but holds up just fine when put in an envelope.