Swimming Pool Featured In Movie "elephant King"

NancyL

We will soon be moving across town from a condo building where I swim laps three times weekly, an hour (or more) each time. Our new baan doesn't have a pool, but the location is great -- on a "quiet" soi between Chang Moi and Thapae roads, just east of the old city. I have to figure out where to swim in the future.

I'm going to check out the pool at the Centara Hotel, but am interested in other options. We saw the movie "The Elephant King" a couple months ago and while the movie does have storytelling and technical flaws, I was fascinated with the pool that figured so prominantely in the plot. It looked like everything in that movie was filmed within 500 meters of Thapae Gate -- definitely our new neighborhood.

Does anyone know where that pool is located and if it's open to the public?

Edited by NancyL

The pool at the Centara Hotel sucks for swimming laps.

It is L shaped which means that you have to turn a corner to go a full length and is extremely shallow so children use it to play games all over and do not allow you to swim for excercise.

Also lots of adults just standing or walking aimlessly, but paying no attention to other swimmers. :)

The movie "Elephant King" played at the Vista theater at KSK for a week about 6 or 8 weeks ago. I'm old fashioned; I really like to see movies on a large cinema screen with a good sound system rather than on the TV at home.

The movie "Elephant King" played at the Vista theater at KSK for a week about 6 or 8 weeks ago. I'm old fashioned; I really like to see movies on a large cinema screen with a good sound system rather than on the TV at home.

6-8 weeks ago, really? Everybody I knew saw it last November, but it didn't stick around long enough and I didn't hear about it early enough to catch it.

From what I heard the Chang Klan movie guys are gone, now they are the same people that walk around bar to bar. I have asked them several times and they don't seem to be able to come up with it.