Air Asia Latest Free Flights Offer Starts At Midnight

theoldgit

great offers indeed, but I wonder how many people will be able to buy a ticket using a credit-card not issued in Thailand or Malaysia, and with NO Master-Card-Secure-Code or CERTIFIED BY VISA (which are virtually unheard of in my home country).

I have 4 credit cards (two each Master and Visa, issued in Europe), and since AirAsia "upgraded" its online-payment-system a few months ago, all those cards were "declined" when I tried to book online.

so, after almost 100 flights on AirAsia, I found out there are still plenty of other options offering cheapo fares within SEA, such as THAI, MAS, Tiger, Jetstar, and even LUFTHANSA (50 Baht plus taxes to KUL). and they are all happily accepting my CreditCards ^^ (Only Cebu-Pacific doesn't, but they are a pain in the a*s anyway)

Stupid AirAsia doesn't want my money anymore, well then get lost :)

Edited by siam2007

great offers indeed, but I wonder how many people will be able to buy a ticket using a credit-card not issued in Thailand or Malaysia, and with NO Master-Card-Secure-Code or CERTIFIED BY VISA (which are virtually unheard of in my home country). I have 4 credit cards (two each Master and Visa, issued in Europe), and since AirAsia "upgraded" its online-payment-system a few months ago, all those cards were "declined" when I tried to book online. so, after almost 100 flights on AirAsia, I found out there are still plenty of other options offering cheapo fares within SEA, such as THAI, MAS, Tiger, Jetstar, and even LUFTHANSA (50 Baht plus taxes to KUL). and they are all happily accepting my CreditCards ^^ (Only Cebu-Pacific doesn't, but they are a pain in the a*s anyway) Stupid AirAsia doesn't want my money anymore, well then get lost :)

I had the same problem for awhile with my cards but they seem to have resolved the glitch involved in the last few months. MC Secure Code works fine. Don't know what problem you're having.

I had both US cards rejected recently, a mc secure code card and a verfied by visa card, I suspect it has something to do with their screwy address input.

either that or they were just on the ball and knew you were cash strapped sbk :)

were you booking a flight to come and visit me? :D

Well, all I can say about AirAsia is, they were good for awhile but now their fees are going up (it's now a whopping 950 baht to make a flight-time or name change for int'l flights!). And the flight delays are piling up daily, too.

Gone, too (for now) are the far-in-advance 99 baht Economy Promo fares to BKK from the major Thai hubs. Those were nice. Almost fun...

Edited by ballzafire

Well, all I can say about AirAsia is, they were good for awhile but now their fees are going up (it's now a whopping 950 baht to make a flight-time or name change for int'l flights!). And the flight delays are piling up daily, too.

Gone, too (for now) are the far-in-advance 99 baht Economy Promo fares to BKK from the major Thai hubs. Those were nice. Almost fun...

Screw AirAsia, Dont use their crappy systems for their Late and cancelled poor service flights .

great offers indeed, but I wonder how many people will be able to buy a ticket using a credit-card not issued in Thailand or Malaysia, and with NO Master-Card-Secure-Code or CERTIFIED BY VISA (which are virtually unheard of in my home country). I have 4 credit cards (two each Master and Visa, issued in Europe), and since AirAsia "upgraded" its online-payment-system a few months ago, all those cards were "declined" when I tried to book online. so, after almost 100 flights on AirAsia, I found out there are still plenty of other options offering cheapo fares within SEA, such as THAI, MAS, Tiger, Jetstar, and even LUFTHANSA (50 Baht plus taxes to KUL). and they are all happily accepting my CreditCards ^^ (Only Cebu-Pacific doesn't, but they are a pain in the a*s anyway) Stupid AirAsia doesn't want my money anymore, well then get lost :)

I had the same problem for awhile with my cards but they seem to have resolved the glitch involved in the last few months. MC Secure Code works fine. Don't know what problem you're having.

the problem is that all my cards do NOT have MC SECURE CODE or CERTIFIED BY VISA (as I already mentioned in my first post), as it is virtually unheard of in my home country, probably no need to implement that system so quickly due to the lack of excessive credit-card-fraud in that country which I call my home country.

those 99 baht "far in advance" tickets will be on offer again tonight starting midnight for May - October 2009

those 99 baht "far in advance" tickets will be on offer again tonight starting midnight for May - October 2009

Yes, that's why I started this thread :)

We are flying to Bali on Monday with Air Asia, booked in February paying 2,340 Baht for the two of us, not a bad deal me thinks.

Has anyone managed to book a fare though at the advertised price?

this new promotion hasn't started yet !!!

about the past: YES, about 30% of my around 100 flights on AA were virtually FREE, only paid for taxes and surcharges (surcharges which they have dropped now anyway).

a few months ago I had already booked another flight to Hong Kong for my "fleeing the yearly Songkhran chaos" - in late March next year at 999 THB (which already includes the 700 THB airport-Tax)

Yes, that's why I started this thread :) We are flying to Bali on Monday with Air Asia, booked in February paying 2,340 Baht for the two of us, not a bad deal me thinks.

Great deal! You must've hunted down and snagged a few of those fleeting ~500 baht seats. That's what I did.

Have fun in Bali !

Edited by ballzafire

The free flights are out there, I have just booked flights to Bali next summer, 1600 Baht return for the two of us, including their new "convenience fee" that has crept in for using a credit card - of course you have to use a card to book on-line.

Me thinks that's a good deal.

There is a warning about delays on the site which is understandable, but I managed to book in about 30 mins, and I did suffer from Gateway timeouts as well, think you need to be really patient.

One word of warning, I even got a timeout after I had submitted my credit card details, before I tried to book again I went into their system and checked the "manage my booking" function and lo and behold it was there, the itinerary arrived in about 15 mins.