What Would You Buy If You Have A Budget Of 2-3 Million Baht To Buy A Condo?

What is the best condo project to buy in Pattaya if you have Baht 2-3 Million budget?

Avenue Residence condo, The Urban, The Pride, The Residence Jomtien, Hyde Park 1-2, Park Lane Jomtien, Apus Condo, Park Royal 1-2, View Talay 2, 5, 6 Siam Oriental 1-2, The Cliff, Ocean Pearl, TW Condo Thepprasit, Nova Ocean View, Poompatta Condo, Sunset Boulevard, AD Condominium, Club Royal, View Talay Residence Condo 1,2 Suan Sawarn Condo or is there something else?

Got questions about buying a condo in Pattaya? Contact Benchmark Property Consultants for free consultation Visit our Website

Edited/deleted. (as the OP is a sponsor of the site).

Yes saw your reply - He is quite open so at least we know where he is comming from. In this type of case it is great if someone like benchmark fills out their profile a bit more fully.

Skiming through his past posts and topics he may also be a source of local expertesse. There is a great role model already in quiksilva. IMO this stuff can work it depends on what he puts in and takes out - just like all the rest of us.

But there is already a similar thread running, it may have been prudent to add to that?

edit as if by magic

There should be no problem. Ask them that you will change some Thai Baht in to foreign currency and then change it back to Thai Baht again with that bank. It should be possible to do it this way. You will loose a small amount on the exchange rate but it's just a small amount you need to convert. If you have proof of buying and selling contracts from the land office it should be OK.

OK by me

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Foreign-Exch...-T-t313564.html

Edited by pkrv

Edited/deleted. (as the OP is a sponsor of the site).

Yes saw your reply - He is quite open so at least we know where he is comming from. In this type of case it is great if someone like benchmark fills out their profile a bit more fully.

Skiming through his past posts and topics he may also be a source of local expertesse. There is a great role model already in quiksilva. IMO this stuff can work it depends on what he puts in and takes out - just like all the rest of us.

But there is already a similar thread running, it may have been prudent to add to that?

edit as if by magic

There should be no problem. Ask them that you will change some Thai Baht in to foreign currency and then change it back to Thai Baht again with that bank. It should be possible to do it this way. You will loose a small amount on the exchange rate but it's just a small amount you need to convert. If you have proof of buying and selling contracts from the land office it should be OK.

OK by me

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Foreign-Exch...-T-t313564.html

PKRV, What is your pick?

PKRV, What is your pick?

Sorry benchmark I don't know what that expression means.

All I noted is that today you have had several visitors to your profile.

We are a very diverse bunch on this forum US/UK/AUZ/NZ/EUROPE etc....

We all come at things from our own angle - So I am UK based we are a Farang/Farang relationship and bought a Farang quota freehold condo in Chit Lom, Bangkok (I think my avatar says this).

So when some one says THB is overvalued - from the UK perspective yes we have seen a crash from 75 back in 2005 to 50 relativly recently - The guys in the US simply take this 50% movement on board, but probably just blink.

We have only recently split out house/land issues from condo issues here (and I made a few enemies in helping doing that) but IMO we are the better off for it. We now understand the condominum act, how the 49% ratio works etc and the same is now true of House/Land ownership those guys focus on that relevent to what they wish to achive - not irrelevent condo stuff (which is what interests me)

Does that seem fair? - please beef up your profile - It really, really helps! (and I need to beef up mine as well!)

Edited by pkrv

PKRV, What is your pick?

Sorry benchmark I don't know what that expression means.

All I noted is that today you have had several visitors to your profile.

We are a very diverse bunch on this forum US/UK/AUZ/NZ/EUROPE etc....

We all come at things from our own angle - So I am UK based we are a Farang/Farang relationship and bought a Farang quota freehold condo in Chit Lom, Bangkok (I think my avatar says this).

So when some one says THB is overvalued - from the UK perspective yes we have seen a crash from 75 back in 2005 to 50 relativly recently - The guys in the US simply take this 50% movement on board, but probably just blink.

We have only recently split out house/land issues from condo issues here (and I made a few enemies in helping doing that) but IMO we are the better off for it. We now understand the condominum act, how the 49% ratio works etc and the same is now true of House/Land ownership those guys focus on that relevent to what they wish to achive - not irrelevent condo stuff (which is what interests me)

Does that seem fair? - please beef up your profile - It really, really helps! (and I need to beef up mine as well!)

Hi PKRV, Thanks for your comments. I understand that you are based in Bangkok. Are you interested in the Pattaya real estate market? Do you know about the condo projects here in Pattaya. My question was which condo project do you think is the best project to buy a condo with a 2-3 Million Baht budget? We are thinking in THB here.

I have not really made up my mind yet about the location I would choose for a beach home Hua Hin or Pattaya. My and others thoughts are here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Beach-Front-Condo-t203863.html

My problem is Pattaya is a big place and needs more thought before I make up my mind.

However as an observation the guys who live there struggle against its negative image. There are indications that there are other sides to Pattaya but some of the guys are shouted down. We sort of have three threads going on this topic so I will switch to another of these to ask my questions.

Probably not interested in this price range though.

If I do invest there, I probably would get an old condo up the hill. I am expecting some storm surges hitting beach front properties and flooding low lying areas within the next decade.

Storm surge in Pattaya, from what? Or are you referring to a tsunami?

Storm surges from typhoons. Tsunami is created only by an underwater quake or meteor strike in South China Sea.

any project is good for the 2-3m baht mark if it makes you happy... but for investing into, that's a whole different story that could be debated for months.

Thanks for the input. Let's say for investment purposes what do you think will be the better places to invest? What things do you consider as important when you buy a condo in Pattaya? Some features will be location, construction quality, facilities of the building, ease of reselling, rental potential, etc.

If I do invest there, I probably would get an old condo up the hill. I am expecting some storm surges hitting beach front properties and flooding low lying areas within the next decade.

Storm surges from typhoons. Tsunami is created only by an underwater quake or meteor strike in South China Sea.

So you are expecting a typhoon to wander up the Gulf of Siam and sit off Pattaya?

So you are expecting a typhoon to wander up the Gulf of Siam and sit off Pattaya?

Yes. The last one came into the gulf and hit Chumpon about a decade ago.

On my map Chumpon is nowhere near Pattaya. You are correct, the typhoon track (zone) crosses the southern Gulf of Siam.

Weather patterns have been changing in the past decade due to global warming and heavy industrial development. What was normal before may not be so normal in the coming future. Consider the buildup of industries in eastern Thailand, Indochina and in south China itself. I will not be surprise the typhoon belt shifts northward. That is why Bangkok has been warned about possible storm surge as well.

On my map Chumpon is nowhere near Pattaya. You are correct, the typhoon track (zone) crosses the southern Gulf of Siam.

Weather patterns have been changing in the past decade due to global warming and heavy industrial development. What was normal before may not be so normal in the coming future. Consider the buildup of industries in eastern Thailand, Indochina and in south China itself. I will not be surprise the typhoon belt shifts northward. That is why Bangkok has been warned about possible storm surge as well.

There is no solid proof to what you have mentioned. Pattaya is geographically situated better than places like Phuket to be naturally protected from things like Tsunamis. It is true that the city drainage system should be improved to avoid flooding. But it is very hard to asses that Pattaya will be vulnerable to these kind of natural disasters which can create huge damage.

I have not really made up my mind yet about the location I would choose for a beach home Hua Hin or Pattaya. My and others thoughts are here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Beach-Front-Condo-t203863.html

My problem is Pattaya is a big place and needs more thought before I make up my mind.

However as an observation the guys who live there struggle against its negative image. There are indications that there are other sides to Pattaya but some of the guys are shouted down. We sort of have three threads going on this topic so I will switch to another of these to ask my questions.

Probably not interested in this price range though.

Hi PKRV, I have read all your comments and I have identified you as a person who is trying to make valuable contribution to the real estate threads. Yes, certainly there are mixed opinions on Pattaya. Pattaya started as a nightlife destination but it is definitely changing it's image now. But however most people tend to talk about the most "desirable" topic. My opinion is people who are making negative comments about the place are people who live here and struggle with themselves.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will be more than happy to give you my opinion on things. Thanks and highly appreciate your input in my threads.

any project is good for the 2-3m baht mark if it makes you happy... but for investing into, that's a whole different story that could be debated for months.

This offer is simply too good to refuse. From a very reputed developer with an extremely good track record and did few finished projects.

Park Royal 3 Pratumnak 45 Sqm 1 Bed room Condo only 1.29 Million Baht (best offer in the market)

Park Royal Pratumnak 35 Sqm Studio Condo only 1.6 Million Baht

Club Royal in exclusive Wongamat Beach area 33 Sqm Condo only 1.85 Milllion Baht

This is a limited offer and if you contact us you can make a reservation to get this special price. We have an extremely good relationship with the developer so let us know if you want to a make an early reservation before you miss the boat

Surely anyone who visits the developers website can also get the same 'special offers' & probably cheaper as they wont have to pay commission to an agent.

I don't think there is a special need to explain that you can go to the developer's website to get the promotion. But for investors we can get much better rates from the developer because of the mutual relatioship we have with them. It's not true that you can get a discount of the agent's commission when you buy from this developer directly. I think your point is meaningless.

Edited by benchmark

Surely anyone who visits the developers website can also get the same 'special offers' & probably cheaper as they wont have to pay commission to an agent.

I don't think there is a special need to explain that you can go to the developer's website to get the promotion. But for investors we can get much better rates from the developer because of the mutual relatioship we have with them. It's not true that you can get a discount of the agent's commission when you buy from this developer directly. I think your point is meaningless.

Why should anyone believe a real estate agent posting on a forum who has a direct interest in flogging their wares?

Why should anyone believe a real estate agent posting on a forum who has a direct interest in flogging their wares?

Clients have started buying again. If the price is right it is the right time to buy. I have a regular client base who do business with me including world's largest companies. It's my duty to let potential buyers know about this rare promotion. Deleted or not pointless comments remain pointless. I think a request to believe me is completely out of question isn't it?

Hi Rethai, what will be your top locations in Pattaya for condo investments? Wongamat beach area is shaping up to be an increasingly popular up market residential area, don't you think so?