Where To Buy Applicances In Pattaya?

craigt3365

The house I just purchased is a shell. As such, I need to buy a lot of stuff! The big ticket items are the appliances. I know about HomePro, HomeMart, HomeWorks, Boonthavorn, and just read about Numchai. Am I missing a good place?

Also, is it better to buy here in Pattaya or in Bangkok and then have everything delivered? I can imagine there are many more options for appliances in Bangkok. And the prices may be much better.

I need to get all this sorted out before the guy doing the work can get started.

Thanks!!!!

Craig

I recently kitted out a new condo and bought everything for the kitchen & bathroom from homeworks after checking all the other stores out first.

Why? because Homeworks had a promotion on that gave back 7000bt cash vouchers once you spent 120'000bt with them.

Anything that they didn't have in stock they just ordered for me from the brouchers, i also got 5% discount too as i have a discount card with them called The 1 Card.

Overall i saved over 15,000bt from the retail prices and they were very willing to negotiate a deal once they knew i was going to spend around 200,000bt with them.

Just go in there and speak with the manager on duty at the customer service desk.

Ha, Ha, Gotlost....I would have found some good stuff there, but you beat me to them! :) Guess I will have to change my profile as homeless no longer applies. But it was great while it lasted! (5 years with 40 countries visited).

sotsira: I noticed a bunch of promotions when we were in Pattaya in August/September. Homeworks had several. I was not in the position to buy then, but will stop by for sure. Like you said, 200,000bt is a lot of money to spend with them...

Thanks for all the recommendations!

Having moved into a new house in Pattaya after 22 year in Bangkok, I have found that NUMCHAI has definitely the largest choice of TVs and home theaters in Pattaya. I bought a large flatscreen TV, a home theater and 4 air conditioners here. For my 50" TV I even got a discount, since I quoted a lower price then theirs seen somewhere in Bangkok. If you're looking for any other appliances you can still compare NUMCHAIs prices with those at other stores like Tesco, Carrefour HomePro, Homeworks, etc. When it comes to after sales service, my wife and I feel the most comfortable with NUMCHAI. That's an important aspect to consider when you purchase any appliances.

Edited by Dario

• 4 weeks later...

Great info...thanks everybody!

We just got to Thailand and I have another question. We were at HomePro today. Will visit Numchai and HomeWorks tomorrow...but was curious as to what brands you recommend for appliances (hob, oven, micro, refrig, etc)? The guy there was pushing SMEG and Mex (made by SMEG?). I am guess it was due to a promotion they have this month. But he said it is easier to service these brands as they are made here in Thailand.

Some pretty decent discounts and offers, including a free 19" LCD TV if you spend over 120k...and 5k in coupons.

But what about Siemens? Or Franke? Or some of the others? Just curious if he was pushing this month's promotion or if what he says is really true?

Thanks!!!!

Craig

Ths is an additional suggestion.

There are many people leaving Pattaya all the time for different reasons and the second-hand market is bursting with bargains.

3-piece-sofas, flat screen TV's, Fridge-Freezers, Furniture etc.etc.

Check out the weekly Pattaya papers and the free Pattaya Trader magazine or website, also the 'For Sale' notices at Friendship Supermarket and other places.

If you are lucky you can save 50% on many essentials.

Great info...thanks everybody!

We just got to Thailand and I have another question. We were at HomePro today. Will visit Numchai and HomeWorks tomorrow...but was curious as to what brands you recommend for appliances (hob, oven, micro, refrig, etc)? The guy there was pushing SMEG and Mex (made by SMEG?). I am guess it was due to a promotion they have this month. But he said it is easier to service these brands as they are made here in Thailand.

Some pretty decent discounts and offers, including a free 19" LCD TV if you spend over 120k...and 5k in coupons.

But what about Siemens? Or Franke? Or some of the others? Just curious if he was pushing this month's promotion or if what he says is really true?

Thanks!!!!

Craig

Keep an open mind when listenening to these sales personel, they'll tell you a bunch of lies just so you can buy from them as they make commision on some brands more than others.

If they tell you that some brand is made in Thailand , then look for yourself on the appliance as they all have stickers somewhere that states where they're made.

I know Electrolux have a factory in Rayong and a service centre in Pattaya.

Also Hafele have a good rep in Pattaya and are German products.

I would also buy the brands that do have a service centre in Pattaya and if the products are made in Thailand they should be considerably cheaper than others made in Europe or China as they shouldn't carry import tax in their price.

As for Smeg, they always seem to be good qaulity but more expensive, i don't think they are made in Thailand either.

If you buy your products at Numchai & have a problem they repair it in the repair shop in the back. If you buy at homepro- homeworks or homemart they send most products to Numchai"s repair dept & usually tag the 400-600 baht on the warranty work. I found this out when I had both Mitsubishi water pumps rebuilt at Kanyong & they sent the units to Numchai. I drove the 2nd unit down myself from Kanyong as they lagged 6 days to deliver it to Numchai.

both Kanyong & Numchai told me better to just bring it their 1st.

On Electronics most companies are competitive & even will match the other companies price not to lose the trick(after a phone call confirmation)

Just like at home the saying Show Me The Money..... On at least electrical goods whip out the 1000 baht notes & the price will usually fall in your favor. Maybe not in cameras as it is a fixed price , but they can throw in a lot of extras & make the price palatable.

& I agree with Syd Barrett If you are diligent in your searches a lot of Expats are leaving the Pattaya area & sometimes dump their goods so they don't have to drag them home. We picked up a 2nd hand almost perfect (one dislogged wire on the automatic water server (probably when they moved the unit) for 8,000 baht 17 cubic ft. sold for 23,000 baht new ( 1&1/2 years old) at the time Whirlpool bought at a second hand shop off of central ave(Pattaya Klang). took me 20 minutes to solder 1 wire & fix the water server. probably 300-500 baht for a serviceman to fix.

Now if I could just find an executive internet desk I would be stoked.

I would be selective if you shop around you can find prices you are somewhat looking for & never assume the promotion is a good choice, sometimes it will be the dog with fleas they are long on or it is hel_l to get it serviced.

PLEASANT HUNTING!

Edited by Beardog

I have learned a lot this past week! Thanks for all your help! A few interesting points I have found out....like beardog mentioned above, service is a key item. And Numchai seems to be a great place for that. HomePro and HomeWorks are hit and miss. If you are lucky, you get a good salesman (one who at least tells a bit of the truth). I liked HomeWorks...lots of products on display.

Each place has a particular brand they have on promotion for the month. And the prices are discounted quite a bit. I am pretty sure I will go with Hafele. They have a nice shop on Suk and have local service. PLUS, but builder has a close relationship with them and gets a fantastic discount. Tough to beat. For my big appliances in the kitchen, I would prefer to buy new. For the outside kitchen, etc., buying second hand is a great idea. Thanks for the recommendations on that. I have already been in contact with a few folks on things they have for sale!

Now that this done, off to sorting out the landscape!!! Oh, and of course having to get a job to pay for all this!!!

Craig

• 8 months later...

I ended up getting Hafele, they gave me a great discount at their store on Suk. Everything but the refrig, which I did buy at Numchai.

The Micro went out about 2 weeks ago. Hafele came over and replaced it. No questions asked. We bought everything in late December. Great service.

• 9 months later...

I thought I would revive this thread and post about my good experience with Hafele. As mentioned above, we ended up with all Hafele appliances, except the refrig.

Within 4-5 months, the micro went out. Next day they stopped by with a brand new one. This past week (about 18 months after purchase), I thought I would try the convection feature. BIG mistake. I guess this feature is not a good one as it melted some parts inside the micro. Couldn't get the door open. Repair guy says this happens all the time and to not use the convection feature. Oh well...

Hafele was out the day after we called and had it fixed...for free. Took the guy about 90 minutes as he had to tear it all apart. Considering we are having a huge party today, getting this sorted quickly was very important.

Thumbs up for Hafele!!!