Tool Hire

Pandemonium

It is so strange that there are no tool hire companies in Thailand. When I revamped my condo in Phuket I had to buy every tool I needed to do the work. I now have a condo in Chiang Mai, with some small modifications to do, and all my tools are in Phuket as I am flying straight in to CM from abroad.

What do you guys do if you have some small D.I.Y. tasks to take care of, with no tool hire firms? I don't really want another set of equipment in CM as well. Any advice?

Go south on the main road to Lampun and you will see a big United Rentals on the left side. They have them for rent. Delivery and pick-up is always available.

more specific directions were asked for but not given.

"It is so strange that there are no tool hire companies in Thailand."

Yep, but when you think about it, unless chanotes or car keys are being left on the table, the tools wouldn't be returning. In addition, the majority of Thais have stuff done for them.

What you could do is hire a chippy and a sparky for the day, make them sit in the corner with some Chang, Lipo, or coffee, nick their tools off them, and then pay them for a day's work hen you're finished :)

Another option would be to head to HomePro and pick up a cheap set of generic tools for a few hundred baht, then nip over to Carrefour and pick up a really cheap, albeit <deleted>, drill for 350 baht.