Importing For China

Hi,

My friend is trying to import some fashion items from China, the total worth is only 1,000 Yuan and its 10 KG, so the manufacture is saying that they should send by EMS, which costs 600 Yuan. So to import few things its 1,600 Yuan in Total.

So, I am not sure how to reduce this shipping costs, any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

well, the question is.... how much is it worth to the person and/or how much after expenditures deduction should the items be able to to sold for....?

basically, if the shipping cost exceeds 10%, the proprietor should reconsider....

however, for personal usage, it is an entirely different ball game....

just tell the shipper, send it third class or sea mail.... period

it is you who is issuing the order.... not them.... or did i miss something in between.... lol in which case i humbly apologize.... lol

Edited by nakachalet

well, the question is.... how much is it worth to the person and/or how much after expenditures deduction should the items be able to to sold for....?

basically, if the shipping cost exceeds 10%, the proprietor should reconsider....

however, for personal usage, it is an entirely different ball game....

just tell the shipper, send it third class or sea mail.... period

it is you who is issuing the order.... not them.... or did i miss something in between.... lol in which case i humbly apologize.... lol

Did you forget to add in the import customs tax?

Thanks Nakachalet for your useful info.

Nio - for custom Tax, I can ask the manufacture to reduce the actual price, so it won't be that problem.And there is also pact between China and Thailand on importing.

Nakachalet - this is not personal use, this is our first order, we just looking some sample products, if this works we will order more in next week.

If I buy the products to the above shipping cost, I am just making so much loos, its better if I buy in Bangkok LOL

When I checked with manufacturer, she said that they send only by EMS or by Green transport (I think which means ship). But the green transport is also expensive, its 40 Yuan per KG, my products are only 10 KG and for green transport it should be atleast 15 KG.. thats what she said.

I am thinking, that there might be some shipping company who can charge less, but I am not sure who to contact.

Any ideas?