You Men :)

r00

Absolutely none taken DP.

With your post you absolutely prove my point.

You are either a western women unhappy at being ignored or a western man who still feels the need to suck up to western women for reason only you know.

Hmm..im a western woman...and um..im not ignored here. I dunno Tarqin, you seem to have some really huge issues going on with you. :)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DP are you really a man? You post like a woman.

I expect the next post to be something like 'you can't handle a real woman' or 'what about a challenge'.

Last time I looked the Thai women I associate with were in fact real and not cardboard cut outs and no I do not want a challenge I want everything to be the way I want it.

Eek I appreciate your post and the fact you realise I am being entirely honest and posting what most western men in Thailand actually feel but would never vocalise or post on a website.

The mistake you make is thinking I have issues. The whole point is that I do not have issues as I am in a position to arrange my life in exactly the way I want it. And as you say that is my right.

DP just a flaming idiot who I shall now ignore but Eek as a western female you must know that attitudes like mine exist and in Thailand we are in a majority. Que about a hundred posts on this thread saying 'no your not' but Eek examine your life. Am I not telling the truth?

Edited by Tarqin

I expect the next post to be something like 'you can't handle a real woman' or 'what about a challenge'.

Last time I looked the Thai women I associate with were in fact real and not cardboard cut outs and no I do not want a challenge I want everything to be the way I want it.

Eek I appreciate your post and the fact you realise I am being entirely honest and posting what most western men in Thailand actually feel but would never vocalise or post on a website.

WHatever , :) I love Thai women and western women,i dont descriminate because i'm not a small minded insecure .......... :D

Edited by Dpolenz

Err....I just wanted to post something before this thread gets closed. :)

Haven't seen a western woman in Thailand that I'd like to do for more than 10 years......but they're ok to talk to. But isn't that the point....that western women don't like being hit on all the time. Strangely the Thai women seem to love the attention, whether it's from a Thai or a westerner.

Edited by sibeymai

You may indeed be right for some of the men. But, i do find it hard to accept that about the majority. I find it hard to believe that western men here would actively invite me to go out with them somewhere (also talking about male friends here, not just about being asked out on a date situation), if he/they did not like my company. Why on earth would someone (male or even female) invite a person to join them somewhere if they didnt want you around? Maybe it IS the case for western men in Pattaya, i wouldnt know. But, from what little 2nd hand knowledge i have of Pattaya, it seems to be its own little world and not really so reflective of the rest of Thailand.

Eek you are perhaps right that I am talking about the Pattaya bubble. And no Pattaya is absolutely not reflective of the rest of Thailand or anywhere else I have ever been.

So I will qualify, the majority (not all) in Pattaya. Things may indeed be different elsewhere.

Eek you are perhaps right that I am talking about the Pattaya bubble. And no Pattaya is absolutely not reflective of the rest of Thailand or anywhere else I have ever been.

So I will qualify, the majority (not all) in Pattaya. Things may indeed be different elsewhere.

Dont put me into your little bubble sunshine,not everyone here is as small minded and ignorant as you.

i will venture that women's liberation in the west was important and necessary, as women were not treated fairly for eons.. the pendulum swings to extremes, like in all things. The extreme example may be the 1998 movie starring Demi Moore, "Disclosure". In the west, its coming to the point of asexual..where young women often now address their female friends as .."hey guys".. many men ( who treat their Asian wives with respect, love and kindness) have trouble relating to the "modern western woman of today". There is no blame here, its just how things have evolved in the west. My last farang girlfriend got "freaked out" when i called her at work 3 times in one day ( never did reach her ).. the first time i left a message..the second and third times i did not..but later realized..holy crap..if she has call display and sees i called 3 times..I'm in BIG TROUBLE...and I was. She thought it was tantamount to harassment.. as farang men dating farang women, we all know the rules..the touchy feely stuff.. after that i decided not to date farang ladies in general. I always loved Asian culture. As a kid, my parents took me to the movie "Suzy Wong, and i was very impressed by her lovely dress and beauty. I treat all women with respect, but after some negative experiences, decided to date Asian women only, as the culture in general does not inherently contain the extremes of "strident feminism". This is not the white ladies fault, as society evolved this way, however as men we have choices.

You enjoy deference, but do not show deference to others yourself.

I think this hit on something that I've had a hard time articulating when trying to explain to friends what I like about Thai people. Sometimes I get the feeling that my friends think I am looking for a place where I will be treated like a king, because I somehow demand it from my surroundings. This is not the case.

I don't think I would have chosen the word "deference" because to me it implies a one-sided relationship (one person deferring to the other). Maybe "mutual respect" is closer to the meaning I am looking for. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, assuming that they deserve my respect and politeness from the beginning. I feel that, at least in the circles that I travel in Thailand, this is also the way I am treated.

That is not to say that I don't have friends like this "back in the West" (the US in my case, where I am currently living). I do, and that is why those people are my friends. But it doesn't seem to be the common case in Western culture. So many people treat others with suspicion from the start, or assume that others need to prove their worth before even being considered. Perhaps that's why I feel so at home in Thailand.

Note: I realize that there are plenty of people in Thailand that would treat me with suspicion and contempt from the beginning, but I seem to be able to avoid them (or they me)!

Don't think this thread will last long so I will try and give a sensible reply before it gets shut down.

OK this is the internet and we can all claim anything but I am 47 years old fit have a full head of hair dress well and am relatively rich. I tend to do a fairly consistent social circuit and the Thais who know me know that if I am happy I am very generous and if I am not happy I leave.

As such I am treated as if not as a king then certainly a senior prince by the Thai people I know and I have got used to this what word shall we use? Deference.

When I meet western women, which is very infrequently these days, they seem to want to cop an attitude and treat me as they would treat other men in the west, that is as if their waste product did not smell. So I am left with two opposites. I expect now to be treated by women with deference, have them pour my beer etc and I am faced with a potential encountered with a stroppy western madam. So I avoid them, which is probably best for both parties even to the extent that if I am to meet a male friend and he informs me his western girlfriend will be there I cancel the meeting and ask him to call me when he is free.

Possibly an unpopular answer with the female crowd but true.

Absolutely none taken DP.

With your post you absolutely prove my point.

I'm a man.Your post was ridiculous by the way.

DP, you are a man...and your Western woman told you so!

"Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah

[Verse 1]

Ooh there's somethin about just somethin about the way she's move

And I can't figure it out

it's something about her.

Said ooh it's somethin about kinda woman that want you but don't need you

And I can't figure it out

it's somethin about her

Cuz she walk like a boss talk like a boss

Manicured nailed to set the pedicure off

She's fly effortlessly

Cuz she move like a boss do what a boss

Do she got me thinkin about gettin involved

That's the kinda girl I need

[Chorus]

She got her own thing

that's why I love her

Miss Independent

Won't you come and spend a little time

She got her own things that's why I love her

Miss Independent

ooh the way you shine

Miss Independent

yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah

[Verse 2]

Ooh there's somethin about

kinda woman that can do for herself

I look at her and it makes me proud

It's somethin about her

Somethin oh so sexy about

kinda woman that don't even need my help

She said she got it she got it

No doubt, it's somethin about her

Cuz she work like a boss play like a boss

Car and a crib she bouta pay em both off

And the bills are paid on time yeah

She made for a boss only a boss

Anything less she tellin them to get lost

That's the girl that's on my mind

[Chorus]

[bridge]

Her favorite thing to say Don't worry I got it

And everything she got best believe she bought it

She gon steal ma heart aint no doubt about it

girl ur everything I need, said ur everything I need

yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah

[Chorus]

Miss Independent

That's why I love her "

load_options();

At the end of the day there are both negatives and positives about western women and Thai women and all the rest.But some of you act like your gods gift to women.Maybe you should look in the mirror before you start judging others you pack of overgrown sex addicts lol ...jk

You may indeed be right for some of the men. But, i do find it hard to accept that about the majority. I find it hard to believe that western men here would actively invite me to go out with them somewhere (also talking about male friends here, not just about being asked out on a date situation), if he/they did not like my company. Why on earth would someone (male or even female) invite a person to join them somewhere if they didnt want you around? Maybe it IS the case for western men in Pattaya, i wouldnt know. But, from what little 2nd hand knowledge i have of Pattaya, it seems to be its own little world and not really so reflective of the rest of Thailand.

EEK,

You are right,Pattaya is quite unique,but dont forget it was the thais that invented Pattaya to take care of non-western men,IN fact Americans.THe westerners then started to come to sin city.Also there are many western women in Pattaya,some single,some with thai bf/husbands and some with western men,each to their own in any part of Thailand.Believe it or not,some western women actualy pay for thai male company,nudge nudge,wink wink,not a monopoly just for males you know.

Cuz most of you are out of shape,ignorant ugly smelly bleep bleeps lol

Could just as easily be the description of their wives or girlfriends they left behind and that's why they're in Pattaya?

Actually, I don't have a problem with western women all, I'm just not around them very much. I also don't like how these topics drift into " all women are this and all men are that" comments. There are just too many personal characteristics involved, so I just try to consider the individuals as I see fit.

Edited by beechguy

Cuz most of you are out of shape,ignorant ugly smelly bleep bleeps lol

Could just as easily be the description of their wives or girlfriends they left behind and that's why they're in Pattaya?

Actually, I don't have a problem with western women all, I'm just not around them very much. I also don't like how these topics drift into " all women are this and all men are that" comments. There are just too many personal characteristics involved, so I just try to consider the individuals as I see fit.

I agree with you,anyway we all know there are so many "sexy men" in Pattaya. :)

i will venture that women's liberation in the west was important and necessary, as women were not treated fairly for eons.. the pendulum swings to extremes, like in all things. The extreme example may be the 1998 movie starring Demi Moore, "Disclosure". In the west, its coming to the point of asexual..where young women often now address their female friends as .."hey guys".. many men ( who treat their Asian wives with respect, love and kindness) have trouble relating to the "modern western woman of today". There is no blame here, its just how things have evolved in the west. My last farang girlfriend got "freaked out" when i called her at work 3 times in one day ( never did reach her ).. the first time i left a message..the second and third times i did not..but later realized..holy crap..if she has call display and sees i called 3 times..I'm in BIG TROUBLE...and I was. She thought it was tantamount to harassment.. as farang men dating farang women, we all know the rules..the touchy feely stuff.. after that i decided not to date farang ladies in general. I always loved Asian culture. As a kid, my parents took me to the movie "Suzy Wong, and i was very impressed by her lovely dress and beauty. I treat all women with respect, but after some negative experiences, decided to date Asian women only, as the culture in general does not inherently contain the extremes of "strident feminism". This is not the white ladies fault, as society evolved this way, however as men we have choices.

You've got some good points there.

I think the western Feminism ideal has been hijacked by vocal militant (lebian?) elements and those that want to drive a wedge between man and woman.

Just look at the laddett culture and how it's made women more into men.

I know from experience that if you tell girls in the west you've dated or gone with asian women you've got a good chance of them being at the least a bit miffed.

Some girls are cool about the yellow and white thing but some will ostracise you for it or even start with the insults.

Deep down I think it's a racial rivalry thing I guess.

The same as with a black dude and a white girl. Some white folk won't mind some will get a bit miffed...