Chang Draught And Chang Light

seaeagle

Anybody know where you can buy a 12 bottle CASE of either of these? I've just looked everywhere, and cannot find them.

Thought I'd cracked it in Carrefour last week when I saw cases of Draught, but when I carried it to the checkout, they told me the price was the same as 12 single bottles, ie they don't sell it by the 'case', just individually. Same in Tesco's @ Rawai - sell me a case, but only at the 12 bottle price.

Twilight Zone, or what?!

Call me crazy.. But how would 'draught' come in bottles..

Doesnt draught mean on tap ??

Now, you should know better - TIT !

To be fair, this is quite a common term / misnomer around the world. You can actually get Draught Guinness...... in cans!

Yeah but thats to show its the widget cans (not the flat bottles or cans) to aerate it, for stout and some ales, Lager doesnt need that... Also thats cans not bottles, never seen a widget bottle.

So theres a Chang draught in cans ?? The mind boggles ?? Are they widget cans or..

You're lucky. When I used to buy the 24 bottle 'cases' of Chang in Carrefour Pattaya the price for a 'case' worked out to 1 Baht per bottle more than the the single bottle price! In Thailand buying in bulk does not necessarily mean making a saving. Very often the small packs of some items, when you multiply up the contents, work out cheaper than a large pack of the same item.

You're lucky. When I used to buy the 24 bottle 'cases' of Chang in Carrefour Pattaya the price for a 'case' worked out to 1 Baht per bottle more than the the single bottle price! In Thailand buying in bulk does not necessarily mean making a saving. Very often the small packs of some items, when you multiply up the contents, work out cheaper than a large pack of the same item.
Yes, you took the words right out of my mouth.

A proper answer:

Makro or Phrompan

Tried them, and they don't have it either. Okay, some things sell out, but I can' be unlucky all of the time! Even the little supermarket 100 yds from Chalong Roundabout (beside the burger place), which is great for beer, doesn't have it.

Also, where I have seen cases, they don't even have a marked price on them. They're actually not for sale - only there to top up the stock of the single bottle sales! Hence, the only reason to buy a case, is to get a free cardboard box to carry out 12 bottles!

As for cans, bottles, widgets, hey LivinLoS, that's right over my head! I know I enjoy Chang Draught when it's on draught, and I know I enjoy Chang Draught when it comes from a 640cl glass bottle!

Call me crazy.. But how would 'draught' come in bottles..

Doesnt draught mean on tap ??

Draught beer on cans and bottles has been popular in Scandinavia for a decade.

Its filtered in coalfilter and has a freshe taste, but a shorter expired date. Havent tryed the Chang draught bottled or canned yet, but really like the genuine Chang draught

Chang Classic is my new beer of choice

A very short distance north of PTT station (same side of road, pink building) on the way from Chalong circle to Wat Chalong. Chang draft sometimes on sale for unbelievably low price but check on bottled date as is sometimes very old. (have had a headache or two from that!)

Even the little supermarket 100 yds from Chalong Roundabout (beside the burger place), which is great for beer, doesn't have it.

Just been there and they have it....... 525 Baht a box

Chang Draught. Not bad. Alcohol 5,0% compared to ordinary Chang at 6,4%. 23 baht a can at Carrefour, which is far cheaper than San Miguel. Need a few more days to say its a favourite canned beer. Beertaste is all about habit i guess