Phuket First Timer, Cheap Apartment Rentals?

gregchambers

Thinking about moving to Phuket for six months, have been in Thailand long time but never done Phuket. I understand that there is a cheap airport bus to Phuket town but where to go from there? Want to rent an apartment on a six month lease in the 5000-10,000 baht price range but would like to be able to walk to the nightlife (go-gos and beer bars) but not too interested in swimming and other sea activities. Used to living in cheap Bangkok cold water one room apartments so not too fussy as long as I can get on a reasonably high floor to avoid the mosquitoes.

Want to rent an apartment on a six month lease in the 5000-10,000 baht price range but would like to be able to walk to the nightlife (go-gos and beer bars)

BG type rooms are available in that money.. Assume you own nothing of value tho as a westerner staying there will get cleaned out every couple of weeks.

Depends where you want the night life ? Phuket Town does have clubs and bars, but those are mostly aimed at Thai clients. If that's Ok with you then you can easily get an apartment in you budget range in Phuket Town.

If you want bars/gogos/etc aimed at Farangs then Patong is the place. But as LivinLOS says finding a safe room at your budget and within walking distance will not be so easy.

last july i find a very nice place in karon beach, 6k baths a month include air con, cable tv, furniture and hot water and balcony , karon beach is much better than patong, and u have nightlife also,a lot of bar and restaurant, only 7km from patong.

Edited by tonysamui

Okay, Karon Beach might do it (I have an old girlfriend in Patong bar somewhere who I should probably avoid), any cheap 500-1000 baht a night hotels so I can suss the area out. Never been robbed in cheap apartments all over Thailand but the only thing I have of value is my notebook and I don't look rich either so never been mugged.

last july i find a very nice place in karon beach, 6k baths a month include air con, cable tv, furniture and hot water and balcony , karon beach is much better than patong, and u have nightlife also,a lot of bar and restaurant, only 7km from patong.

sure, i know a good hotel, i stay a week inside before find this appartment, rattana beach hotel, not far from central beach resort, very nice and cheap hotel with staff very friendly, email them first for ask the price, in july and august i pay 500b a night, have a pool as well,

Now its high season, so i hope its not full.

Edited by tonysamui

The only town with gogo's (worth calling that) is Patong..

You dont mention when you intend to come.. But its a LOT easier to find 500 baht an under rooms in low season than high.. Already room rates are rising and another week or two and they will be entering peak season charging.