Samui Ring Road...

Boater

Overloaded trucks are what are destroying Thai roads. The best laid concrete or tarmac can not stand up to these ridiculous loads transported in Thailand.

Glad to see that there are weigh stations being constructed on the hiway into/out of BKK from the south. Of course all the truckers will find a detour around those the day after they are opened :)

Good morning everyone,

Can anyone tell me as of today (sunday) where the new rad has reached and when it is estimated to reach Bophut?

Thanks

Carmine,

They were moving some of the machines around yesterday, so maybe they are starting work at different areas at the same time. Will have a look today.

on a few areas I just want to point into this topic

a. Lets just admit regardless the old mayor & other factors really did hardly little to improve much

b. It would be hard to not deny the fact that at least with the new mayor I've seen more things done is less time than that I did before, examples include

new sidewalks ( bophut area )

new road improvements being put down

more drainage being put in

Today in bophut driving down they've been putting down the new road similiar to the one in lamai and nathon

mind you this is still thailand but given what i've seen i'm amazed that any improvement has been made at all. Mind you I still wish for a better sewage system, electric infrastructure. but hey at least we actually have something positive to say at least for now. :)

a. Lets just admit regardless the old mayor & other factors really did hardly little to improve much

b. It would be hard to not deny the fact that at least with the new mayor I've seen more things done is less time than that I did before, examples include

Today in bophut driving down they've been putting down the new road similiar to the one in lamai and nathon

mind you this is still thailand but given what i've seen i'm amazed that any improvement has been made at all. Mind you I still wish for a better sewage system, electric infrastructure. but hey at least we actually have something positive to say at least for now. :)

Yes I agree but he (the mayor) doesn't seem to have any control of the Harbour Department and we are losing beaches to land encroachers at an increasing rate. For example Chaweng Noi (Sarann Resort), Langhams Resort and opposite Koh Mud Lang !

Good morning everyone,

Can anyone tell me as of today (sunday) where the new rad has reached and when it is estimated to reach Bophut?

Thanks

From makro to Big C patchy, then Big C to 1 ST entrance soi ling, one side. Heavy traffic.

mind you this is still thailand but given what i've seen i'm amazed that any improvement has been made at all. Mind you I still wish for a better sewage system, electric infrastructure. but hey at least we actually have something positive to say at least for now. :D

Yes I agree but he (the mayor) doesn't seem to have any control of the Harbour Department and we are losing beaches to land encroachers at an increasing rate. For example Chaweng Noi (Sarann Resort), Langhams Resort and opposite Koh Mud Lang !

yes, many on Samui, also for example that NIKKI BEACH place in Lipa Noi :)

The new road is great and i think they are doing it very quickly,seems things are getting better in samui and it makes a great difference to be on a good road and hope accidents will go down,i have driven along the new road a few times now and to my surprize everone seems to be going slower!keep up the good work guys.and please dont slag off the road,give them a chance,remember this is a small island not a main city.enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

Tarmacing stopped?

Just did an island circuit yesterday, it appears to have stopped by the Fisherman's Village lights on the northern sector and near the courthouse on the southern. They are also putting new road markings on the concrete road between Bohput and Maenam. Is that it?? :)

• 2 weeks later...