My Games Of 2009

Ian_B

Here again are my choices for games of the year

These are purely from my playing tastes - I've never liked realistic driving sims or realistic FPS games. When I play I just want a fun time (which is why I always play on easy or casual)

Best Multi-Platform Games: (PC, 360 & PS3)

Modern Warefare 2 (no brainer - having a blast with this)

Resident Evil 5

Assassins's Creed 2

Borderlands

Batman:Arkham Asylum

Red Faction: Guerilla

Xbox 360 EXCLUSIVE Games:

Halo 3 ODST

Forza 3 (with all driving assists on!)

Shadow Complex

Left 4 Dead 2

PS3 EXCLUSIVE Games:

Uncharted 2

Ratchet & Clank - Crack in time

Infamous

Demon's Souls

Wipeout HD

Wii Exclusive Games- not a good year for Wii

New Super Mario

Metroid Prime Trilogy (MP1 & MP2 by far my fave game on gamecube)

Dead Space Extraction

Wi Sports resort & Tiger Woods 09 due to the motion+

PC games:

Not been a big PC gamer this year must admit

Dragon Age: Origins - MUCH MUCH better than the console versions.

Torchlight

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

Plants Vs Zombies

Light of Altair

These are purely my own choices and will no doubt differ from nay (hate most sport games for example)

Have not bothered with DS & PSP as have not touched them in months (but will be buying the new Zelda DS game when it comes out very soon)

Overall Game of the Year easily goes to Uncharted 2. The best 12hrs of single player gaming in 2009 and the multiplayer is great too. Closest thing to a true move-like experience blockbuster. EVERYTHING was perfect - the gameplay, control, soundtrack, dialogue etc all superior to everything else released in 2009

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this back from semi-death, but I've been playing through Uncharted 2 at a friend's house (we got 8 hours in so I think almost done) and it's incredibly fun! The combat is very fluid and shooting, sneaking and hand to hand flows together very nicely. What's most stunning about the game is the presentation though. The voice acting, background music and environments are pretty breathtaking for a video game. Going to beat it on Saturday and start up on Demons' Souls.

At 8hrs you are only 2/3rds of the way into it!

There will not be a new game as good as Uncharted 2 for a LONG time and I'm counting Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2

Uncharted 2 does everything the best - gameplay, graphics, control, music, story and especially the dialogue

Have played through the game twice now, which is unheard of for me!

Edited by Ian_B

At 8hrs you are only 2/3rds of the way into it!

There will not be a new game as good as Uncharted 2 for a LONG time and I'm counting Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2

Uncharted 2 does everything the best - gameplay, graphics, control, music, story and especially the dialogue

Have played through the game twice now, which is unheard of for me!

Yeah it's great. One of those games where you really sometimes just stop to soak in the scenery. I'm REALLY pumped for ME2.