UK Drug Convict Sandra Gregory Held At Bangkok Airport

webfact

You obviously have a narrow view - quote: 'helping victims of the drug trade'. This girl was also a victim.

It was my job, I was trained to do so.

If you are going to quote me please don't be selective, I said "I have spent my life helping people helping getting over their earlier mistakes and this includes the victims of the drug trade, be they addicts, mules and to an extent even the dealers" and that's exactly what I meant, I helped everybody, that's what I was trained and paid to do.

Self righteous I might be, though I am not sure what evidence you are using to prove that, but you are entitled to your views.

I do however find your posts confusing, who actually are the scum you are referring to? You say this girl who, whether willingly or not, was part of the supply chain and still suffers, was a victim, then go on to say that that users of drugs are quick to use the drugs for an excuse for being the scum they are. Also the people who condemn her are also scum, is everybody scum in your eyes?

You will see that I have remained polite, it's not very hard you know.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loose ends is when she made some drug business tie/connections/contacts to better smugle drugs thru and out of the kingdom. Once a junky always a junky! Some people never learn because the craving for dugs is just too great.

I suggest you read her book, she was not a junky, she was a 'mule'.

And I thought that she had already returned to Thailand previously, before this time.

And you believe what she wrote in her book? I locked up drug dealers for years and have no symanthy for any of them. They ruin other peoples live for there own gain. She is not really worth discussing.

Again, find out what you're talking about before opening your mouth.

She was not a drugs dealer either.

She was carrying an amount that would not even have gotten a custodial sentence in UK.

Apart from insensitivity sems extremely disrespectful.

Nobody has queried perhaps this known drug smuggler had come for another run or to be paid off for the first one.

It is more likely she is milking it for another book.

The original sentance would have saved everyone a great deal of time and trouble.

People like her in the media give all falangs a bad reputation.

Hopefully she 'll be detained or deterred elsewhere.

Obviously she has no shame or khreng jai consciousness despite a 2nd rate UK education.

If her pardon is overturned in the future can she be extradited to face the original penalty?

Keep away please drug trafficking teachers are not required here.

Little naive mules are hardly responsible for the major drugs problems around the world. Perhaps a little education is in order here!

Incorrect, they add to the problem.

Put it another way - how many naive mules does it take before it (they as a group) becomes a major problem, 1, 2, 3 or 50.

i think the term is 'pack of mules' as opposed to group. and 50 or more would surely be a problem but easier to spot

The consul that issued that visa has some 'splainin to do. A major lapse in judgement.

Although sympathetic to her statement, <deleted> was she thinking? It was obvious someone was going to say no at some point. The Thai government, any government for that matter, doesn't want this type of visitor.

Not sure if a consul has a list of evey person blacklisted.

Remember, getting a visa only means you are allowed to travel to Thailand and ask for permission to enter. It does not mean you will get that permission. The permission to enter is a seperate thing, which can be denied.

This is correct.

A visa is a conditional permit to enter a country. It is permission with strings attached. One of the conditions being, I suppose, that the immigration official actually decides to let you in.

Presumably this person was hoping that she would not be picked up by the system. I suppose after a few years in a Thai jail she figured that she could endure a few days in the immigration detention centre if her gamble failed.

Personally I think I can understand what she might have been thinking - she has obviously been trying to make a new life for herself, earning her university degree and so forth, and she probably felt that she needed some closure at the Thai 'end' of things, in order to properly move on with life.

I think those who are calling her a 'junkie' trying to get more drugs are both misinformed (she was a mule, not a junkie), and ought to try and think a bit before making snap judgements about others.

The line between 'them' and 'us' is never as definite, or as impermeable, as one might imagine.

Apart from insensitivity sems extremely disrespectful.

Nobody has queried perhaps this known drug smuggler had come for another run or to be paid off for the first one.

It is more likely she is milking it for another book.

The original sentance would have saved everyone a great deal of time and trouble.

People like her in the media give all falangs a bad reputation.

Hopefully she 'll be detained or deterred elsewhere.

Obviously she has no shame or khreng jai consciousness despite a 2nd rate UK education.

If her pardon is overturned in the future can she be extradited to face the original penalty?

Keep away please drug trafficking teachers are not required here.

Forgive my bluntness, but I discern that you may not be in the best position to criticise the quality of another's education.

Little naive mules are hardly responsible for the major drugs problems around the world. Perhaps a little education is in order here!

Incorrect, they add to the problem.

Put it another way - how many naive mules does it take before it (they as a group) becomes a major problem, 1, 2, 3 or 50.

i think the term is 'pack of mules' as opposed to group. and 50 or more would surely be a problem but easier to spot

The term is group as we are talking about people not 4 footed animals, and why would 50 drug smugglers be easier to spot - surely they don't travel as a group, and as you agree 50 or more would be problem so it follows that each individual constitutes a collective problem.

Oxford University "2nd rate"? You may encounter some argument against that proposition, not least from the present Prime Minister of Thailand. And 25 past Prime Ministers of UK.

What constitutes a mistake when knowingly breaking a law?

"Sorry Officer! I only had 6 pints and didn't expect to crash into anyone"

"Sorry M'lud! I didn't expect the owner to miss it"

"Sorry Guv! I didn't think she would overdose"

All of the above seem pretty much the same as getting caught while transporting drugs. "I didn't expect to get caught!"

You obviously have a narrow view - quote: 'helping victims of the drug trade'. This girl was also a victim.

It was my job, I was trained to do so.

If you are going to quote me please don't be selective, I said "I have spent my life helping people helping getting over their earlier mistakes and this includes the victims of the drug trade, be they addicts, mules and to an extent even the dealers" and that's exactly what I meant, I helped everybody, that's what I was trained and paid to do.

Self righteous I might be, though I am not sure what evidence you are using to prove that, but you are entitled to your views.

I do however find your posts confusing, who actually are the scum you are referring to? You say this girl who, whether willingly or not, was part of the supply chain and still suffers, was a victim, then go on to say that that users of drugs are quick to use the drugs for an excuse for being the scum they are. Also the people who condemn her are also scum, is everybody scum in your eyes?

You will see that I have remained polite, it's not very hard you know.

tog,

I wouldnt waste your ink, he's not worth it. :)

What constitutes a mistake when knowingly breaking a law?

"Sorry Officer! I only had 6 pints and didn't expect to crash into anyone"

"Sorry M'lud! I didn't expect the owner to miss it"

"Sorry Guv! I didn't think she would overdose"

All of the above seem pretty much the same as getting caught while transporting drugs. "I didn't expect to get caught!"

How 'bout "Sorry M'lud I'll repay the money as soon as possible"?

As used by several esteemed members of the British Parliament. :D

Sorry, I know :)

• 2 weeks later...
Did she have a "loose end" on another condom to tie up?

Sorry but there’s no Consulate, or Embassy to blame…..only the woman. They do their jobs to issue visas, if people are “unwanted’ like this intelligent woman who only wanted to see some old friends, maybe in the northern part, for example Pai to get high?

Sentenced to death and she was back as soon as possible, because she loves the country so much or the powder? Sorry again but that’s weird stuff……………………..

post-39518-1261482472_thumb.jpg