Grapefruit Juice

theoldgit

I have always enjoyed, hel_l I'm almost addicted to, grapefruit juice, I had always thought it was highly priced in the region of 119 to 125 Baht for the fresh Florida Juice but I put that down to the cost of importing it.

I have noticed that of late it's being sold at a price at 145 Baht, that's an increase of about 16%. As the UD Dollar is down in value against the Baht I would have expected it to come down in price or at least stay the same.

I know I must be pretty sad, but humour me.

Quite simple.

Like petrol and diesel prices, if the dollar goes up, the prices for petrol and diesel go up.

If the dollar goes dowm, the prices for petrol and diesel go up.

If the dollar remains on the same level, the prices for diesel and petrol go up.

This really is very logical!

I presume it is the same for anything else, including grapefruit juice.

Edited by hansnl

and where does one find fresh grapefruit juice pray tell?...I can only find the stuff in cans at Foodland on soi 5...

The fresh grapefruit juice I am referring to comes in bottles, I think called Florida, and can be found in the chilled drinks section of Villa and Tops, they also do orange and apple.

Quite how fresh it is I don't know, but certainly fresher than the canned variety, Tops are also doing Harvey's cartons of grapefruit juice for 89 Baht at the moment, down from 109.

I have noticed that of late it's being sold at a price at 145 Baht, that's an increase of about 16%

All I can say is WOW, yes I know things are much more expensive in BKK but that is crazy...

If you have a car then drive 30 - 50 km outside of BKK to do your shopping....

I buy Grapefruit Juice every week at Carrefour is 1.2 liter Unsweetened Grapefruit Juice and cost 66 baht...

another crazy price I noticed a couple of weeks ago,

I buy a bunch of bananas every week normally is 15 baht, most expensive time is 20 baht, 2 weeks ago in a Market in BKK same type/size bunch about 16 bananas cost 70 baht

Edit: you posted FRESH at the same time I posted this, no idea on the price of fresh, not even sure they stock fresh..

Edited by ignis